U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 02:45 PM

20,341 posts, read 9,813,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Pcamps is one of those rare people whose insights into the stories and parables of the bible are truly compelling.
I am not ashamed to call him a friend in Christ Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Y_h1WkHS0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 03:07 PM

20,341 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Wanna talk about forgiveness?

The meaning of life is ALL about love. And there is no love without forgiveness, for what power has love; but that of forgiveness.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:40 PM

241 posts, read 49,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Anything goes.
What is it to you? What do you think Jesus meant?
Is it hard for you ? Is it easy for you?
What has been your exp regarding forgiveness....being forgiven..

Rant and ramble on 'Forgiveness', please.
Thank you.
i have developed to forgive naturally. i dont hold grudges so i am naturally inclined to forgive. it is easy for me. i think it is better than the contrary even though it is deemed a weakness by pc culture and various 'successful' people.

i would forgive anybody; it comes natural too me.

the act of forgiveness should not be taboo; it should be advocated

as a person who is naturally inclined to forgive, i was surprised to learn that scientist correlated forgiveness with better health.

maybe that is why jesus said this:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

more bible qoutes about forgiveness

Matthew 18:21-35 (KJV)
21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

articles:

https://share.kaiserpermanente.org/a...s-forgiveness/

https://apa.org/monitor/2017/01/ce-corner.aspx

Last edited by spiros7; 10-31-2018 at 07:53 PM..

Old 10-31-2018, 08:13 PM

241 posts, read 49,005 times
Default bible verses

2 Corinthians 2:7, 10-11 (KJV)
7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Ephesians 4:32 (KJV) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Old 10-31-2018, 08:15 PM

32,221 posts, read 21,091,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

The meaning of life is ALL about love. And there is no love without forgiveness, for what power has love; but that of forgiveness.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:46 PM

936 posts, read 143,353 times
Forgiveness is not as man thinks.
To know how to forgive one must take up the cross of the Son of man and walk in His ways, the ways of the Lord.

matthew18:34 "And in anger his lord handed him over to be tortured until he would pay his entire debt. 35 So my heavenly Father will also do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother or sister from your heart."

What is your heart full of?

"From the believers heart shall flow rivers of living water. "

Old 10-31-2018, 11:09 PM

40,036 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Old 10-31-2018, 11:46 PM

605 posts, read 188,327 times
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [a]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12

I learned there is no need to necessary forgive them. As we don't wrestle against them anyhow. It is GOD who created them, the one that rules them, so if anything, it is he I need to forgive.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:03 AM

15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [a]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12

I learned there is no need to necessary forgive them. As we don't wrestle against them anyhow. It is GOD who created them, the one that rules them, so if anything, it is he I need to forgive.
LOL, that's great...a different take...It's God we need to forgive...

And that darn Paul, he's a kick, too..."...wickedness in the heavenly places..."...
not too heavenly looks like!

Old 11-01-2018, 07:53 PM

1,181 posts, read 350,069 times
I have no idea what Jesus meant, but it is too exhausting to hold grudges. One can't expect people to be perfect. Everyone is going to disappoint us at some point in some little way. I may not forget, but I am not into the drama of holding on to slights. Save the perpetual anger for puppy beaters, serial killers, and their Ilk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or