U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 08:33 AM

3,090 posts, read 1,716,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Anything goes.
What is it to you? What do you think Jesus meant?
Is it hard for you ? Is it easy for you?
What has been your exp regarding forgiveness....being forgiven..

Rant and ramble on 'Forgiveness', please.
Thank you.
Why forgive? Why not just cut them out of your life and think they do not exist? Harbor no thought of revenge, look at them as mere mortals who make mistakes, consider their act came out of their own torment, and it is between them and God to negotiate forgiveness. It is not in our power to forgive, it is God’s. We can forget but we can only forgive if that persons seeks it from us.
I have been forgiven when I have recognized my mistake, admitted it, and asked to be forgiven. Because the relationship was important for me, and I know I did the wrong thing.
I don’t know what Jesus meant but he was an enlightened being. But I believe he did not want us to act in revenge, consider our own faults first, and to have an open heart when asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 08:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 789,666 times
I forgive god for “creating” humans “despicable” in his eyes, then blaming it on us.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:20 AM

15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
It's good to remember this verse. Satan uses our weaknesses to cause chaos and confusion to pull us all away from God.

The best example of forgiveness I've seen:
My friend's son was murdered at work by a stranger who broke in. The murderer was tried and given the death penalty. My friend and his wife went to the prison and forgave him. Years later they went to his execution and were the only ones there. His family didn't even attend.

You can forgive in person or if that would be dangerous or cause more trouble, you can write a letter and read it out loud to a chair, just get the bitterness out of your heart. You don't have to continue a relationship with someone who wronged you, but you do need to move on.
Thank you for this story, Kara xo

Old 11-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Why forgive? Why not just cut them out of your life and think they do not exist?
Harbor no thought of revenge, look at them as mere mortals who make mistakes,
consider their act came out of their own torment, and it is between them and God to negotiate forgiveness. .
Yup

Old 11-03-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I forgive god for “creating” humans “despicable” in his eyes, then blaming it on us.
Interesting...have you exp'd 'this God' blames us?
I think it's in some stories in the Bible that 'He' does.
Wondering where you based this belief.
Cuz does God? I sure don't know that!
But, I don't believe everything in that Bible...tho, with all due respect,
these 'goat-herders' did the best they could.

PS you like rock? Gotta see Bohemian Rhapsody!

Old 11-03-2018, 10:13 AM

5,656 posts, read 4,875,766 times
Forgiveness is not a right , it is a privilege granted after repentance . if the repentance is false the forgiveness is repealed.

Repentance is not apology . apology only admits your sorry , it does not stand for changing ones ways.
Repentance is changing your ways , which is what Jesus called for.
Then forgiveness has meaning.
The bible says ,It is better to have obedience than sacrifice.
Some folk abuse the idea of forgiveness when they have no intention of doing things right to begin with . as if God does not know what's going on. These are unbelievers .
God is completely aware of the heart of man and what he intends on doing . people that live this way actually believe in God.

Last edited by arleigh; 11-03-2018 at 10:23 AM..

Old 11-03-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Forgiveness is not a right , it is a privilege granted after repentance . if the repentance is false the forgiveness is repealed.

Repentance is not apology . apology only admits your sorry , it does not stand for changing ones ways.
Repentance is changing your ways , which s what Jesus called for.
Then forgiveness has meaning.
Forgiveness has meaning only for the guilty.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:20 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,162,842 times
Quote:

Pretty sure that since Maat is a former Christian and is now an atheist, he is simply making the point that some Christians' concept of God needs forgiving.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Jesus had to say
in a 7 year message to someone in the late 60s...basically...to get out of having to come back here...forgive.
anyway. Ha!
What does this mean? In the late 60's??? or was the person in his 60's?

Old 11-03-2018, 10:29 AM

2,186 posts, read 789,666 times
Quote:

It would be irrational to believe that a creator would consider his creation despicable and worthy of eternal torment. Im just mocking the idea that we need forgiveness from any god. IMO, the goat herders created a god for selfish purposes. This is evident that they were the “chosen” people and could genocide other cultures.

Yes, I’m a big classic rock lover. The previews look great for this movie. Thanks Miss Hepburn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or