Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 07:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Anything goes.
What is it to you? What do you think Jesus meant?
Is it hard for you ? Is it easy for you?
What has been your exp regarding forgiveness....being forgiven..

Rant and ramble on 'Forgiveness', please.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 12:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Anything goes.

Thank you.
I like to think of forgiveness as having a hearty purpose with an extraordinary remedy called love.

"Every Journey begins with a first step; and every step is its own journey."

One step at a time!

Old 10-27-2018, 01:07 PM

Forgiveness is an acknowledgement of a wrongful act: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do," which recognizes the truth of the matter. It does not transfer blame to that of the victim, rather – it releases them from the bondage of the perpetrators.

Old 10-27-2018, 03:17 PM

Is it easy to forgive and forget? No, not always.
But the benefits outweigh that of a hardened heart.

Old 10-27-2018, 03:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Ya know, since it might just be you and me here, hahaha...You might be interested in what Jesus had to say
in a 7 year message to someone in the late 60s...basically...to get out of having to come back here...forgive.
But, it isn't like the Christian forgiveness, "you did something that hurt me, I forgive you.'
Nope.
It works under the premise...this is all a dream, an illusion....'they' never did anything (it's a dream, rem)....
and on top of that it was all a projection from your subconscious that created the whole situation anyway. Ha!

Old 10-27-2018, 05:34 PM

"My name is Corrie ten Boom and I am a murderer." There was total silence. "You see, when I was in prison camp I saw the same guard day in and day out. He was the one who mocked and sneered at us when we were stripped naked and taken into the showers. He spat on us in contempt, and I hated him. I hated him with every fiber of my being. And Jesus says when you hate someone you are guilty of murder."
"When we were freed, I left Germany vowing never to return," Corrie ten Boom continued. "But I was invited back there to speak. I didn't want to go but I felt the Lord nudging me to. Very reluctantly I went. My first talk was on forgiveness. Suddenly, as I was speaking, I saw to my horror that same prison guard sitting in the audience. There was no way that he would have recognized me. But I could never forget his face, never. It was clear to me from the radiant look on his face while I spoke, that he had been converted since I saw him last. After I finished speaking he came up and said with a beaming smile, 'Ah, dear sister Corrie, isn't it wonderful how God forgives?" And he extended his hand for me to shake.
"All I felt as I looked at him was hate. I said to the Lord silently, "There is nothing in me that could ever love that man. I hate him for what he did to me and to my family. But you tell us that we are to love our enemies. That's impossible for me, but nothing is impossible for you. So, if you expect me to love this man it's going to have to come from you, because all I feel is hate."
She went on to say that at that moment she felt nudged to do only one thing: "Put out your hand, Corrie," the Lord seemed to say. Then she said, "It took all of the years that I had quietly obeyed God in obscurity to do the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I put out my hand." Then, she said, something remarkable happened. "It was only after my simple act of obedience that I felt something almost like warm oil was being poured over me. And with it came the unmistakable message: 'Well done, Corrie. That's how my children behave.' And the hate in my heart was absorbed and gone. And so one murderer embraced another murderer, but in the love of Christ."

[Hope Has Its Reasons, page 189, 190]

Old 10-27-2018, 06:27 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Anything goes.

Thank you.
Jesus will eternally forgive every sin when we repent .
he is our high priest!

but there is something else going on..
God will not be mocked . as a man sows so shall he reap, sometime..
and so if you get drunk and kill a child while driving drunk. you might go to jail or maybe not .
if you repent Jesus will forgive you eternally!! He will forget those sins forever ..and the Holy spirit will start to help you forgive yourself.
but it might take lots of time to fix. some it might take longer than others.

but you probably won't sleep so well for a while at least.
But Jesus will forgive you! the courts probably won't and the parents of the child probably won't for while. and some in family of the child may never. but that is their right.
the next tough question is can you forgive yourself?
BUT
Eventually with walking close to Him and in Him and in His spirit yes .. you will be able to forgive yourself. There is healing in his wings.. but that will not be an easy walk , faith and repentance is the way to healing..

Because if I do the smallest perceived harm to others I can barely sleep at night.
so really forgiving ourselves is a huge issue if you FEEL for others.

and then there is the whole Father is storing up some kind of wrath for someone ..
I don't know how that works!!!
but I suspect that might be for the unrepentant for their sins against others!

I just know one day it would be really really good if mankind would stop hurting themselves and others..
because that is what sin really is , harm , real harm , real damage to yourself and someone else.
I think I have come to a very hard lesson.. mankind may never stop hurting themselves and others and I don't know what to do with that bit of information.
I keep waiting for a "heaven" that is without pain and harm." no more tears" either .
but it may never come..
not like I see it anyway .
maybe close enough is close enough..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-27-2018 at 06:44 PM..

Old 10-27-2018, 07:18 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Rev 7:17

“for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters.[fn] And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Rev 21:4

“And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

I guess it is the 8thday/ 8000 year and the new heaven and earth is what I long for!
I guess it is still a long ways off..

well unless the fountains of living water are in the 7th day (millennium of Jesus Christ ) ,
then maybe they help heal the pain faster?
so until that day and that water if given freely ..

for now should we get used to crying and walking in forgiveness and repentance?
and hang on to whatever Joy he brings our way right?

Old 10-28-2018, 03:32 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Best to just blame the devil and pray for people who transgressed against you , which many preacher will say don`t blame the devil , but blaming the devil is the best and easy way which works with God ...... See there will be people who never forgive and could be pushed out of heaven , as unforgiveness is a sin which God cannot forgive until people let it go and forgive people , even if they still hate you back , God will forgive people who forgive .....

Old 10-29-2018, 09:51 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,383,053 times
Quote:
Anything goes.
Thank you.

Forgiveness is recognizing that someone who has offended you the worst is the one MOST in need of YOUR continuous prayers to God for their forgiveness/mercy/conversion/salvation, doing everything you can in your power to effectuate such for THEIR benefit and NOT your own, and THANKING God for entrusting you with the burden of this cross even if you must carry it to the end of your days!

/rant over

Last edited by CCCyou; 10-29-2018 at 10:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity