Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 10:47 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Pretty sure that since Maat is a former Christian and is now an atheist, he is simply making the point that some Christians' concept of God needs forgiving.
To me it is silly nonsense that we humans would need forgiveness for our instinctual nature. It’s laughable that we are all born as sinners due to the action of two people in a garden 6000 years ago, but I forgive those who are foolish enough to believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 11:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Some folk abuse the idea of forgiveness when they have no intention of doing things right to begin with . as if God does not know what's going on. These are unbelievers .
God is completely aware of the heart of man and what he intends on doing . people that live this way actually believe in God.
Thoughtful post, arleigh.
I wanted to comment on something, tho.
Those that still intend on not doing things right are not necessarily unbelievers...they are just stupid.
They are spiritually immature, led by their weaknesses (ego) and don't realize God knows the heart... and everything else!
The dopes ....ex: my friend is a pathological liar and shoplifter....she is a BIG believer in Jesus!
And yet she just doesn't quite get the whole deal, yet...LOL! Oh well.
She is like a 'child-believer'.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What does this mean? In the late 60's??? or was the person in his 60's?
Ah, 1960s.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
To me it is silly nonsense that we humans would need forgiveness for our instinctual nature. It’s laughable that we are all born as sinners due to the action of two people in a garden 6000 years ago, but I forgive those who are foolish enough to believe it.
You and I both are on the same page on that one!

Old 11-03-2018, 11:45 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
When’s the last time you listened to the news? #HumansBehavingBadly

Old 11-03-2018, 11:46 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
I appreciate that, since I was foolish enough to believe it for most of my life. I had to spend some time learning to forgive myself for that, too.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:12 PM

1,279 posts, read 851,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Anything goes.
What is it to you? What do you think Jesus meant?
Is it hard for you ? Is it easy for you?
What has been your exp regarding forgiveness....being forgiven..

Rant and ramble on 'Forgiveness', please.
Thank you.
I've done slews of bad things in life, and I did directly apologize for one of them (in a church setting). The graciousness and love that the apologiz-ees showed was really amazing, particularly after how horrible I had been. So I've definitely been on the receiving end of forgiveness. We are required to forgive in order to be forgiven, so I have tried to do that, but I haven't been nearly as gracious about things as people have been gracious to me.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:43 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Thoughtful post, arleigh.
I wanted to comment on something, tho.
Those that still intend on not doing things right are not necessarily unbelievers...they are just stupid.
They are spiritually immature, led by their weaknesses (ego) and don't realize God knows the heart... and everything else!
The dopes ....ex: my friend is a pathological liar and shoplifter....she is a BIG believer in Jesus!
And yet she just doesn't quite get the whole deal, yet...LOL! Oh well.
She is like a 'child-believer'.
Insightful witness, Miss H.
Quote:
Amen.
Quote:
I appreciate that, since I was foolish enough to believe it for most of my life. I had to spend some time learning to forgive myself for that, too.

Quote:
You and I both are on the same page on that one!
Include me and make it three!

Old 11-03-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
When’s the last time you listened to the news? #HumansBehavingBadly
So what? The fact that we humans act badly does not equate to us needing forgiveness from a possible creator. Humans are emotional beings. Animals are emotional beings.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Count me guilty as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity