U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 11:48 PM

9,276 posts, read 3,146,611 times

Advertisements

Yes, I had one. I was literally a different person from one day to the next, from it. My at first bewildered family members followed one by one within 6 weeks as a result of seeing me change overnight. Blessings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 03:14 AM

8,100 posts, read 7,067,151 times
After Jesus put the baptism of the Holy Spirit on my spirit I got frustrated as through Gods baptism I could see and hears demons spirit around in the spirit , and I believed if this was all God had for me I was retreating from Christianity to avoid demon spirits .................THEN Jesus spirit made a profound visit to my life and came with a great force so teach here how to bind a loose demons and fallen angels , and Jesus spirit was throwing these wicked spirit around with a force unseen since , and then Jesus spirit with great force left so I had to pray by what Jesus spirit showed here and the demon spirits were being removed as they came close every time through today .......... See Jesus spirit even though I could not see His intense spirit His voice was there and the power was indeed there , I believe that God makes visits to His ministers when they first gets gifts of His spirit to build faith in these gifts

Old 10-28-2018, 06:07 AM

15,354 posts, read 12,114,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes, I had one. I was literally a different person from one day to the next, from it. My at first bewildered family members followed one by one within 6 weeks as a result of seeing me change overnight. Blessings...
It took you a whole day to change? I'm kidding.
You and I know it took less than a minute!!!

Old 10-28-2018, 01:31 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,197,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
O, I just never heard that expression,'' Damascus experience.''

When I think of Damascus, it is never the story of Paul that comes to mind.
It's called the "Damascus Road experience", not the "Damascus experience."

Old 10-28-2018, 07:27 PM

20,350 posts, read 9,815,907 times
The Damascus experience will radically change your life as it changed Saul who sought to condemn those not like him. Itís something that needs to be walked out in your own shoe leather, until you reach a point of enlightenment, where you can see the path before you without facilitating the erroneous belief of separation that causes nothing but division and strife.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:39 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,101,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
It took you a whole day to change? I'm kidding.
You and I know it took less than a minute!!!
Less than a minute?

Old 10-28-2018, 08:42 PM

40,041 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Damascus experience will radically change your life as it changed Saul who sought to condemn those not like him. Itís something that needs to be walked out in your own shoe leather, until you reach a point of enlightenment, where you can see the path before you without facilitating the erroneous belief of separation that causes nothing but division and strife.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:38 AM

20,350 posts, read 9,815,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The only constant is change, if we open our hearts.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:49 PM

15,354 posts, read 12,114,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Less than a minute?
In the twinkling of an eye I have gone from a
finite experience to an infinite one. Oh my...

(And, it goes without saying. so can anyone!)

Old 11-06-2018, 10:25 AM

3,671 posts, read 1,536,920 times
many of Christians have had a Damascus road experience. I had one, many of years ago when I was in my early 30's, I was on the Road to speak at a another church during a sundy school night. and while speaking, the Lord Jesus didn't blind me as he did with Saul, but he exposed me as he did Saul. he allowed me to have an out of body experience and I was standing next to the Lord Jesus, there in the church.

while speaking, I, meaning the real me, the spirit, step dackward from my flesh body. I heard myself speaking. and without looking around I knew the Lord Jesus was standing next to me in spirit, on my left side. I never look directly in his derection, and we both never say a word, but what was happening before us both, spoke all that was needed to say.

I was lying in what I was saying at that time on the subject I was speaking on. (in spirit), as soon as I heard myself, (in flesh), I, (in spirit) cried out and said, that's a lie. but no one in the audience heard me in spirit, but in the flesh they was saying things like "amen", "you know you're right" ... ect.... and in spirit I saying that's a lie. it looked like everything I was saying in the flesh was a lie, and the spirit pointed out the lie.

The audience was livid, urging me on in the flesh. but in the spirit I was so hurt seeing me and the audience falling for a lie.

but I realized, they was believing the same lie I was believing in, hence the "Amens" and "you know you're right".

I was so ashamed of myself. I couldn't wait to get back into my body so I could stop lying. my shame was as saul's equivalent of blindness. and when the Lord did allow me to enter back into my body again, I quickly shut down my speech, and made an end to the topic I was speaking on. I went home, and felt empty. and that day was my turning point. I asked God to teach me from now on. and it was painful at first because I was so indoctrinated with what man had taught me.

God was tough on me, but fair, because I was so deeply indoctrinated with what man had taught me. it took a while to get all that mess out of me as with Paul I had to start from stratch, and God build me, not re-built, but built me from the ground up. I had to learn all over again. the Lord Jesus took me, and enrolled me into his School of Higher Learning. and my teacher is the Holy Spirit.

and yes, I'm still learning, as with my brother, the apostle, Paul, I have not yet attain, nor yet perfect, but striving (see Philippians 3:12-14), this is where I AM at... (smile). I will not sit here and say I know everything about God, because I don't. I will only speak what is taught me. that's why I'm not moved on certian topic by men. no, not stubbon, but when truth is not spoken, and a lie is, I just don't like to lie anymore.

that Damascus road experience broke me from lying, (NOT KNOWINGLY).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or