Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 11:34 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,699,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Where?

Only some Christians think that the bible is infallible. So, are you being disrespectful to the rest of Christians who don't agree by telling them they are wrong?
we all seek stasis .. a place where y/our personal beliefs do not war ( and thus cause cognitive dissonance with your political and or religious or philosophical veiws).. that stasis stops the emotional pain of you feeling like a liar and a hypocrite ..
thus some may have call y/ourself a Christian but deny HIm , and or his word and or his spirit and or his tenants and or so much more .. in order to stop y/our cognitive war in your soul.. but that same war is why he tells us to put on the full armor of God and not just be a walking mouth piece , talking about God and blessings and good and love and such .
Does that make someone a "Christian" then if they dont' believe any of his words or his ideas?
Bumble Bee has stumbled on to a truth No one gets to talk about on this site anyway.
ps folks stasis with a fallen heart is not salvation folks .
stasis with his wWord and his Spiritand his will , Not yours is salvation.. that means you war with yourself until he and his word and his spirit and his will wins.. oh man that is going to hurt ..

Old 11-21-2018, 11:35 AM

18,854 posts, read 6,877,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I ask cuz of how atheists see God...where do they get these nutty ideas?
From Christians and the Bible. They're not describing MY Dad!
No. I believe people that roll their own theology and ignore what God has said in his Word give him a bad name.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:39 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
we all seek stasis .. a place where you personal beliefs do not war ( and thus cause cognitive dissonance with your political and or religious or philosophical veiws.. that stasis stops the emotional pain of you feeling like a liar and a hypocrite ..
thus some may have call ourself a Christian but deny HIm , or his word or his spirit and or his tenants .. in order to stop y/our cognitive war in your soul.. but that same war is why he tell us to put on the full armor of God and not just be a walking mouth piece , talking about God and blessings and good and love and such .
Does that make someone a "christian" then if they dont' believe any of his words or his ideas?
Bumble Bee has stumbled on to a truth No one gets to talk about on this site anyway.
ps folks stasis with a fallen heart is not salvation folks .
stasis with his word and his spirit is salvation.. that means you war with yourself until he and hsi word and his spirit and his will wins.. oh man that is going to hurt ..
As far as this forum is concerned, it is not up to anyone else to tell someone who self-identifies as a Christian that they are not one. Personally, I'd say that's a good policy in real life as well.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:50 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,699,866 times
Quote:
As far as this forum is concerned, it is not up to anyone else to tell someone who self-identifies as a Christian that they are not one. Personally, I'd say that's a good policy in real life as well.
I was asking
if we don't really believe any of it and ignore all but the occasional word "LOVE" or such words .. how can anyone honestly call themselves by any part of it ?

I am asking the questions that your post created.. each heart should really answer if they expect to judge themselves rightly , and we are told to judge ourselves rightly, and in many ways in his word ..

Old 11-21-2018, 11:55 AM

605 posts, read 333,193 times
Again, I came here to discuss the topic of Christianity.
Just as a Christian would in a forum dedicated to Christianity.
So I am talking as one doing such. please do not get personal, thx

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

What does this mean? It means the first church I attended, who believes a certain mortal woman who founded their church with some kind of special revelation to offer OUTSIDE of scripture to lead others to THE life, THE truth which doesn't adhere to the truth. Instead she clung to "aspects" of the truth, "aspects" of Christianity, trying to alter the truth as she deemed fit. She played GOD.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

John 8:31-32 … So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Notice how many times it says THE truth in all of these verses. And there are plenty more!

Not "aspects of the truth" or "aspects of Christianity" per the Mod.
But ONE SOLE truth is here.
And it reads only ONE SOLE Truth, the truth that discerns intentions of the heart, the truth that is LIVING and active (his word) THe TRUTH that is the ONLY way of life,....again not "aspects" of the truth or aspects of Christianity, gets you there per a Christian

“You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” John 1
AKA Only the truth sets you free per a Christian.

There are no gray areas unless you do not want to believe as a Christian.
If not, then admit it like I did no biggie. Then people understand where you're coming from.
The truth is the bible for a Christian.

There is no other truth for Christians. No other.
That is why repeatedly, you read THE THE THE. THE Truth
You cannot believe “aspects” of truth. Half truths is no truth at all.
It's a lie.

if you don’ know the truth, you are on the wide path to destruction per the topic of this forum (though that is a given, the topic)
You are not “set free”
You remain in bondage to the law.
For those who know the Truth, Christ fulfilled the law.
They are no longer under law but under Grace.
Unless…....you were not under the laws found in the Truth to begin with...such as babies. then this wouldn't apply

Example: if you got a ticket for J walking, a toddler wouldn’t be held to the penalty of said ticket per THE truth, THE way and THE light. Aka Christianity. AKA a Christian is "set free"
But an adult, with a fully functioning brain, they would be held to the law, if they are unsaved
Not saved means not set free. They do not know the truth, only wishing to know "aspects" of this truth and not THE truth itself.

That is a MASSIVE problem for a Christian

Last edited by BumbleBeeHunter; 11-21-2018 at 12:21 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 12:11 PM

The first lie told was in the Garden of Eden.
Most lies always resemble the truth, they hold to "aspects of Christianity"
Snake told Eve, well cunningly asked, "So he told you you could not eat of ALL of the fruit of the garden lest you die? sic.
Eve answered something akin to "Yes, we can eat of all of the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Snake responds- "Oh you surely will not die. In fact, you're eyes will be opened like God knowing Good and Evil.
Immediately after they eat, they hide from their Creator due to their shame of feeling naked.

Though that's been their state since existence.

Their bodies start decaying from then on out. Birth pains....sticker bushes, enviornment changed. Their inside and outs changed.
Then what happened? They died.

Though their eyes were opened knowing good and evil, but knowing it too much eh? costed them dearly. They didn't listen to THE WORD, Gods VERBAL word at that time to them. They listened to "aspects" of his word, aspects of what a Christian might believe. But not the full truth, the only truth, GODS word. Later written, earlier it was relayed verbally. Don't want to know Gods truth then per a Christian, you won't be set free from the damning effects of the law.

That was Gods First Law

Notice they felt unnatural about a natural state of being (nude)
They felt wrong inside, a reaction to what is natural.
Being Naked suddenly felt shameful
So our feelings of sexuality do not always dictate our identity.
We can feel lots of sexual feelings for others we ought not, or things we ought not.
But it doesn't mean it is natural.
Actions is what matters, not feelings.

feelings never define us
We are saved or unsaved.
There are various words for saved and unsaved
The unsaved words usually define a specific sin,

such as homosexuality which unsaved love to discuss to no avail
Or adulterers, or drunkards, or murderers, liars, many names for the unsaved

Christians are either Christians, aka set free, or they are not Christians, doomed to eternal destruction damned by the law.

Last edited by BumbleBeeHunter; 11-21-2018 at 12:25 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I was asking
if we don't really believe any of it and ignore all but the occasional word "LOVE" or such words .. how can anyone honestly call themselves by any part of it ?

I am asking the questions that your post created.. each heart should really answer if they expect to judge themselves rightly , and we are told to judge ourselves rightly, and in many ways in his word ..
nX, the question of biblical infallibility and inerrancy has been addressed ad nauseum in this forum. Some are convinced one must accept the bible in totality or dismiss it completely (a basic fundamentalist mindset -- so if that is one's mindset, being called a fundamentalist should not be considered a problem. Own it, like BFun, does). Some are convinced that one should rely on the Spirit and nature of God to be discerning about the spirit of what has been written by men. Both of these groups identify as Christians, so why try to convince either one of them that they shouldn't?

Old 11-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
The first lie told was in the Garden of Eden.
Most lies always resemble the truth, they hold to "aspects of Christianity"
Snake told Eve, well cunningly asked, "So he told you you could not eat of ALL of the fruit of the garden lest you die? sic.
Eve answered something akin to "Yes, we can eat of all of the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Snake responds- "Oh you surely will not die. In fact, you're eyes will be opened like God knowing Good and Evil.
Immediately after they eat, they hide from their Creator due to their shame of feeling naked.

Though that's been their state since existence.

Their bodies start decaying from then on out. Birth pains....sticker bushes, enviornment changed. Their inside and outs changed.
Then what happened? They died.

Though their eyes were opened knowing good and evil, but knowing it too much eh? costed them dearly. They didn't listen to THE WORD, Gods VERBAL word at that time to them. They listened to "aspects" of his word, aspects of what a Christian might believe. But not the full truth, the only truth, GODS word. Later written, earlier it was relayed verbally. Don't want to know Gods truth then per a Christian, you won't be set free from the damning effects of the law.

That was Gods First Law

Notice they felt wrong about a natural state of being. They felt wrong inside, a reaction to what is natural.
Being Naked suddenly felt shameful.
So our feelings of sexual doesn't always dictate our identity.
We can feel lots of sexual feelings for others we ought not, or things we ought not.
But it doesn't mean it is natural.

Actions is what matters, not feelings. Feelings never define us.

Christians are either Christians, aka set free, or they are not Christians, doomed to eternal destruction.
You certainly have learned the fundamentalist party line well. Regardless of your personal opinion, this forum does not allow anyone to tell any other poster who self-identifies as a Christian that they are not.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. I believe people that roll their own theology and ignore what God has said in his Word give him a bad name.
If you believe that the Word is Christ, and that what has been expressed in the very nature of Christ is often ignored, then I agree.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
glad to hear that. Then I won't need to request again....you not get personal asking me personal questions eh? we can keep this debate to the topic at hand, in this forum appropriately designated for it.

I am enjoying our conversation. thanks for helping me kill time at work.

I did everything I could and extra. Nothing left to do here anymore. I am on call so it usually isn't this quiet.
The phone can ring then I am on the job again, so to speak. Cannot go outside, too much smoke from the Camp Fire.
And this is a frickin 48 hr shift!! Everyone called in sick due to the holidays. Stinkers! at least I get time and a half tomorrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity