U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2018, 12:23 PM

3,275 posts, read 894,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Dear Warden: You are a rich treasure. I thank Abba you are among my friends on this remarkable board of C.D.

What Love Is All About

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly gentleman, in his 80s arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He stated that he was in a hurry and that he had an appointment at 9:00 am. I took his vital signs, and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.

On exam it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redressed his wound. While taking care of him, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for awhile and was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, and hadn't recognized him in five years. I was surprised, and asked him, "And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?" He smiled and patted my hand and said, "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

Old 12-01-2018, 12:23 PM

4,237 posts, read 654,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Good, cuz it's way above my pay grade...it's not my job.
Hi,
Don't you think we are always answering to God...if you are an atheist, than your conscience?
How I see it now is the scriptures are about the kingdom of God ruling the kingdoms of the world in righteousness, and all the individuals are accountable for the things they do. The believe and be saved verses relate to the kingdom which is a righteous people/nation who know the commandment of love God and love your neighbour as yourself that come out from all the nations, gathered out of “Babylon”

The atheist, Buddhist, Christian (has many houses-very divided and confused), Hindi, agnostic, Jewish, etc individuals are all the same in Gods eyes, the kings and priests that God is setting up are not to play favourites either. But we see in all fundamentalist religions that theme of us/them which is used to get the “US” preferential treatment and to excuse prejudice and bias. Both on a national and individual level.

The true servant of God (nationally and individually) knows that all is to the glory of God which is God in all (by the spirit)

and this will be achieved by people knowing that loving God is loving your neighbour, because we all have the same spirit (the spirit of man) which will be raised, but each in their own order.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:02 PM

1,382 posts, read 487,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I ask cuz of how atheists see God...where do they get these nutty ideas?
From Christians and the Bible. They're not describing MY Dad!

You seem a bit disoriented. Are you an "atheist", and know how they see "God", which seems a little bit anti axiomatic, or are you a sinner, and daughter of the devil (1 John 3:8), or are you simply a lost sheep, following the ashrams of the world. Which ever, you don't seem to be making a coherent case.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:17 PM

40,058 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What has been taught from the pulpits by self-professing Ministers/Pastors have actually messed people-up.
Especially, when they take things from the Bible as being literal, when it has nothing to do with reality.
What makes this especially tragic, Jer, is that they do it without any malicious intent. They actually think they are promoting spiritual development.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:43 PM

20,400 posts, read 9,828,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What has been taught from the pulpits by self-professing Ministers/Pastors have actually messed people-up.
Especially, when they take things from the Bible as being literal, when it has nothing to do with reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What makes this especially tragic, Jer, is that they do it without any malicious intent. They actually think they are promoting spiritual development.
It's a big underworld that they have dug for themselves.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:56 PM

15,379 posts, read 12,133,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The atheist, Buddhist, Christian (has many houses-very divided and confused), Hindu, agnostic,
Jewish, etc, individuals are all the same in Gods eyes,...

The true servant of God (nationally and individually) knows that all is to the glory of God
which is God in all (by the spirit)
My favorite 2 sentences on this thread so far. Thank you for your clarity.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:28 PM

954 posts, read 242,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Dang! I don't get to agree with you very often, but I'll take the opportunity when it presents itself.

Universalism is a topic that differentiates some denominations of Christianity, making it an obviously appropriate subject for discussion in this forum.

The different interpretations of half a dozen Biblical verses makes the treatment of gays and lesbians in churches also an appropriate topic for discussion in this forum.

Previous moderators wrote a long post describing who would be recognized a Christians, so we could avoid hurting people's feelings by saying they aren't "real Christians." Simply stated, if you believe in Jesus Christ and want to call yourself a Christian, that's good enough for this forum.

Some people have more stringent definitions. They seem to think we should use their definitions, but I can't see any reason we should change how this forum works. The company management has given me no reason to think any change is forthcoming either.
Lol. Thank you for posting this. Insulting yourself for making these statements is all on you. I had nothing to do with it. A person’s feelings has absolutely nothing to do with the truth or Christianity ideals. Facts are absolutes. I posted the definition of Christianity.

We are all aware of modern sentiment about claiming to be an identity and special attention and agreement it garners. Claiming you are a female, although your dna states otherwise, is just one example. Another is saying that you are “Indian” because of some long ago distant ancestor. Point is that normality and the rational laugh and shake their head at such claims.

Using the “Christian” label for the sole purpose to promote and push a different ideology is the worst kind of deception. Lack of honor and character is promoted and encouraged.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:36 PM

25,812 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Lol. Thank you for posting this. Insulting yourself for making these statements is all on you. I had nothing to do with it. A person’s feelings has absolutely nothing to do with the truth or Christianity ideals. Facts are absolutes. I posted the definition of Christianity.

We are all aware of modern sentiment about claiming to be an identity and special attention and agreement it garners. Claiming you are a female, although your dna states otherwise, is just one example. Another is saying that you are “Indian” because of some long ago distant ancestor. Point is that normality and the rational laugh and shake their head at such claims.

Using the “Christian” label for the sole purpose to promote and push a different ideology is the worst kind of deception. Lack of honor and character is promoted and encouraged.
Poor, sad Sum. One can only imagine your pain at having to hobnob with "wrong" Christians.

I guess we all have our crosses.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:44 PM

4,237 posts, read 654,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Poor, sad Sum. One can only imagine your pain at having to hobnob with "wrong" Christians.

I guess we all have our crosses.
Yup.....All those who label themselves Christian are Christian

Jesus says:-

Not Peace, but Division

Luk 12:49 I came to hurl fire into the earth, and what will I if it already has been lit?
Luk 12:50 But I have a baptism to be immersed in, and how am I pressed until it is done!
Luk 12:51 Do you think that I came to give peace in the earth? No, I say to you, But rather division.
Luk 12:52 For from now on five in one house will have been divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53 Father will be divided against son, and son against father; mother against daughter, and daughter against mother; mother-in-law against her bride, "and the bride against her mother-in-law." Mic. 7:6

Interpreting the Time

Luk 12:54 And He also said to the crowd, When you see the cloud rising up from the west, you immediately say, A storm is coming; and it happens so.
Luk 12:55 And when a south wind is blowing, you say, There will be heat; and it occurs.
Luk 12:56 Hypocrites! You know to discern the face of the earth and of the heaven, but how is it you do not discern this time?

There are many “dwellings” in Gods “house”, ie “Christianity”

Old 12-02-2018, 12:53 PM

15,379 posts, read 12,133,948 times
Well, I agree with CD Forum definitions for the forum....no problem.

I can't call myself Christian because I don't believe in all of the Nicene Creed, which is the definitive
description of a Christian for the churches.
Unless I missed something ....a new definition someplace..?..I know the Pope and the Holy group in Rome change things a lot.

Stating I am not a Christian seems to automatically label me to a precious few that I am
their antagonist. Well, that's on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or