U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-07-2018, 09:46 PM
 
40,044 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Reputation: 6048

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Probably because the Bible is being labeled as hate speech, and many people do not want to observe all that Jesus taught, especially with HIm routinely referring back to His Father.
Some people have itching ears, it's okay to dust your sandals.
The Bible is not being labeled hate speech. Some of the hateful verses and concepts contained within it are. If you cannot discern what is hateful in the Bible you are not trying very hard.

 
Old 12-08-2018, 05:18 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Reputation: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Bible is not being labeled hate speech. Some of the hateful verses and concepts contained within it are. If you cannot discern what is hateful in the Bible you are not trying very hard.
Everyone is entitled to her/his own beliefs. Some people believe it is wrong to add to or subtract away from the Bible; others have no problem with the practice and seemingly make it up as they go along. No one is trying to force you either way so there's no need for the hostile tone.
 
Old 12-08-2018, 05:40 AM
 
Location: New England
32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Everyone is entitled to her/his own beliefs. Some people believe it is wrong to add to or subtract away from the Bible; others have no problem with the practice and seemingly make it up as they go along. No one is trying to force you either way so there's no need for the hostile tone.
Where do you stand on it ?.
 
Old 12-08-2018, 05:51 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Reputation: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where do you stand on it ?.
It really doesn't matter because I do not want to recruit you to anything.
 
Old 12-08-2018, 06:43 AM
 
Location: New England
32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
It really doesn't matter because I do not want to recruit you to anything.
Other than keep sitting on the fence and reminding everyone there is at least 2 sides to a point of view. I guess you just enjoy moderating. You can share your point of view without having to recruit too.
 
Old 12-08-2018, 06:46 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Reputation: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Other than keep sitting on the fence and reminding everyone there is at least 2 sides to a point of view. I guess you just enjoy moderating.
Well, I think you achieve an orgasm by insulting random people on the internet for no apparent reason.
 
Old 12-08-2018, 06:48 AM
 
Location: New England
32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Well, I think you achieve an orgasm by insulting random people on the internet for no reason.
What you talking about ?. If i was, at least you know where i stand. You can share where you stand on an issue you knolw without the motive to recruit. Like i said you must like moderating and obviously enjoy getting off on it.
 
Old 12-08-2018, 06:52 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Reputation: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What you talking about ?. If i was, at least you know where i stand. You can share where you stand on an issue you knolw without the motive to recruit. Like i said you must like moderating and obviously enjoy getting off on it.
You have a cult mentality. Who gets angry over looking at all points of views!? No one besides a wannabe cult leader.
 
Old 12-08-2018, 06:57 AM
 
Location: New England
32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You have a cult mentality. Who gets angry over looking at all points of views!? No one besides a wannabe cult leader.
Cult mentality ?. I am that far removed from the views i held that gave christianity a bad name it is untrue. You do not get there by holding to 1 point of view, you get there by evolving in your views. You on the other hand keep correcting without actually disclosing which views you hold, Please do not insult my intelligence and say you don't hold to any view point on the issues discussed on this forum.

While you are here, please give an example of my cult mentality( otherwise take back the comment)... it seems to me you are offended if someone holds to a conviction.
 
Old 12-08-2018, 07:00 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,591,307 times
Reputation: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Cult mentality ?. I am that far removed from what the views i held that gave christianity a bad name it is untrue. You do not get there by holding to 1 point of view, you get there by evolving in it. You on the other hand keep correcting without actually disclosing which views you hold, Please do not insult my intelligence and say you don't hold to any view point on the issues discussed on this forum.

While you are here, please give an example of my cult mentality... it seems to me you are offended if someone holds to a conviction.
I don't care about your convictions or worldviews and I do not wish to recruit you to anything. You are angry with me for no reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top