Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 01:52 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,003,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
If it posts attacking the individual instead of the topic at hand, well that speaks for itsel.

I know the bible is difficult to understand...my experience... but is there any way you can try to add to the topic of this discussion instead of adding strawmen?
It's on topic. Fundie Christians give Christianity a bad name. Several fundie Christians on this site qualify. I'm including you, based on your posts. If you disagree, just tell me you support SSM and gays raising children and I'll remove you from the list.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:53 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,294,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I am speaking about the
"christians" on this site that would prefer that you burn the Book and that people never stepped inside of a church. .. which you have to admit there are more than a few such " Christians" here.
I don't know any Christians here who want to burn a book (that was Rbbi). Again, they have a different perspective on the bible and what the word is than you do. They aren't "Christians". They are Christians.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:53 PM

605 posts, read 332,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes, for the most part, I agree wholeheartedly. yes, his words not just stick to the examples either of full-hearted or half-hearted examples in his word and since then.

because everything relevant to a story or history is recorded there.. ?the Spirit of His Wisdom searches out those stories and weighs or helps us weigh the story and the reactions of men in there....... but men actions may not have to do with a relationship with HIM.
Now His words and his promises have a relationship with Him, salvation is a relationship with him.. not what men did with or to his words. these examples of men reactions may be both good or bad relative in to their relationship with him . it certainly did not mean he condoned that action.

so what in truth is that the christian who denies the word is denying a relationship God created with men by those words and so in doing that denies their relationship with HIM/ while claiming his name...
Thanks so much for this explanation.

I think you'll find many are unable, to debate the topic so resort to getting personal.

Debate the topic, not the person.

It doesn't matter to me what someone self identifies as, a Christian or not. It matters that we look to the source of what a christian is (the bible) and the truths that person believes. So we can decide whether it truly is the truth. Because if it's not the truth, as it testifies, you are wasting your time. Many of us are wasting our time here.

There is a truth out there, not to be twisted into an untruth or limited to discussion by anyone. Because that truth, testifies of the disasterous consequences of such. And it's just plain rude to go into a forum dissing someone's religion, stereotyping them calling names. It's just nice they allow non-christians here

Old 11-21-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for this explanation.

I think you'll find many are unable, to debate the topic so resort to getting personal. They are weak

Debate the topic, not the person.

It doesn't matter to me what someone self identifies as, a Christian or not. It matters that we look to the source of what a christian is (the bible) and the truths that person believes. So we can decide whether it truly is the truth. Because if it's not the truth, as it testifies, you are wasting your time. Many of us are wasting our time here.

There is a truth out there, not to be twisted into an untruth or limited to discussion by anyone. Because that truth, testifies of the disasterous consequences of such. And it's just plain rude to go into a forum dissing someone's religion, stereotyping them calling names. It's just nice they allow non-christians here
Why do you think the bible is the source of what a Christian is, rather than Christ being that source?

Old 11-21-2018, 02:07 PM

605 posts, read 332,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Why do you think the bible is the source of what a Christian is, rather than Christ being that source?
Think logically
How do you even know who Christ is? The Word

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” Joh 1:14

The word was verbal in the OT.

It is now written for us.

The Word is alive, sharper than a two edged sword piercing the soul and body to discern the intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

If Adam and Eve didn't like Gods word, refused to speak to him when he called them after their sin, where would they end up today? per the bible, Gods word, they would end up on the wide path to destruction for rejecting him.

do you have anything to say to these verses?

Old 11-21-2018, 02:14 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,056,250 times
Quote:
Think logically
?
Do you not knot that your bible says this..... Do you not know that Jesus Christ is in you and that if you do not know this you have failed the test? 2 Corinthians 13:5

What test is this? Of knowing the reality of the mystery of God hid through the ages, which is Christ in you. Col 1:27

Old 11-21-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Think logically

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” Joh 1:14

The word was verbal in the OT.

It is now written for us.

The Word is alive, sharper than a two edged sword piercing the soul and body to discern the intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

If Adam and Eve didn't like Gods word, refused to speak to him when he called them after their sin, where would they end up today? per the bible, Gods word, they would end up on the wide path to destruction for rejecting him.

do you have anything to say to these verses?

The Word is God (as the bible says). The bible is not (nor does it claim to be). It's great that some things in the bible talk about God/the Word, but it still doesn't make the bible God. Undoubtedly some things written within the bible have introduced some people to God/the Word. That still doesn't make the bible God nor the source of their life in God.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,199,453 times
Hi guys, to clarify...a Christian needs to believe in THIS...not anything else...not even the Bible to be a Christian.
If you do not believe in THIS ...you can not call yourself a Christian.
(No matter how much you love Jesus and follow his teachings to the letter....
and are living a great happy life following his advice! Ha!)

Nicene Creed of 325 AD .Put together by prominent men Constantine called together, to quell civil unrest, badly needed..
Did it come from Constantine's 'heart'....no. It is said he was an atheist at that time.

*We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered, died, and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.*

Old 11-21-2018, 03:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,199,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. I believe people that roll their own theology and ignore what God has said in his Word give him a bad name.

So when I say my Father God did not kill or tell people to kill in His name...but, rather is Pure Love...
that is giving God, the Father ..the Father of Jesus Who dwells in Heaven...a bad name?
In your opinion?

Old 11-21-2018, 03:21 PM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 27 days ago)

18,760 posts, read 6,820,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So when I say my Father God did not kill or tell people to kill in His name...but, rather is Pure Love...
that is giving God, the Father ..the Father of Jesus Who dwells in Heaven...a bad name?
In your opinion?

Your god is too small if you can't see all of him.

When you do that you undermine his word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity