Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 04:48 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ha, and I never tried to make anyone a liar....it's in black and white on the last page here....and it's in black and white

on another forum I don't post on anymore. So?
It's like the wild idea I tried to 'pin' something on someone...what Pin? Nothing to 'pin', (Seinfeld impersonation, sorry)....
it's all there in the posts!
Punishment?
Sigh, now another one that is into punishments, eternal hell, judgment day, lakes of fire, a murderous ,wrathful God
we should all fear....well, _000_....you will have some company here.
You came to the right place!
I think 000 is here just to argue against everyone

Old 12-02-2018, 04:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Aw that is actually sad....since these are the 12 fruits of the Spirit: No mention of hating sin or evil...I mean I knew that already...
The 12 Fruits of the Holy Spirit

The 12 fruits are charity (or love), joy, peace, patience, benignity (or kindness), goodness,
longanimity (or long-suffering), mildness (or gentleness), faith, modesty, continency (or self-control),
and chastity. (Longanimity, modesty,
and chastity are the three fruits found only in the longer version of the text.)

Old 12-02-2018, 05:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
I suspect the Zero man has trodden CD's halls before. Under more than one previous moniker.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I suspect the Zero man has trodden CD's halls before. Under more than one previous moniker.
I believe he will be gone soon enough...get his info for parties while you can!

Old 12-03-2018, 12:07 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _000_ View Post
So be it you too

will get the same punishment
from the Lord God as her for the lie.
As will you!

Quote:
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
Romans 2:1--written to the CHRISTIANS in Rome.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:34 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Good, cuz it's way above my pay grade...it's not my job.
Hi,
Don't you think we are always answering to God...if you are an atheist, than your conscience?
As Christians, we should be answering to Him throughout the day- even with our thoughts. I can't speak for atheists- some may have a conscience, but if they keep ignoring it- than eventually they will be left to their own devices.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
As Christians, we should be answering to Him throughout the day- even with our thoughts.
I can't speak for atheists- some may have a conscience, but if they keep ignoring it-
than eventually they will be left to their own devices.
Dear bryan, Atheists are like the Jews to ignorant people who had never known a Jew...in the old days people thought they had horns...
that is a truism, ask any Jew.
Oh the concepts!

Atheists have a conscience and are some of the BEST people I have ever known!
And lemme tellya....way more noble and honest than my exposure to my first Evangelical
Christian neighbor
that hit a car backing up and instantly said, "Quick lets get outta here"!
I said, "WHAT on earth are you talking about?"
I was NOT a Christian in 1994 (I was never an atheist, for the record)...and had to teach HER, 'You don't DO that!"
Not one of my atheist close friends would ever DREAM of skipping.
And that's just one story.

NO one has to believe in a Supernatural Being to be a good person in thought, word and deed!

Old 12-04-2018, 11:26 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Dear bryan, Atheists are like the Jews to ignorant people who had never known a Jew...in the old days people thought they had horns...
that is a truism, ask any Jew.
Oh the concepts!

Atheists have a conscience and are some of the BEST people I have ever known!
And lemme tellya....way more noble and honest than my exposure to my first Evangelical
Christian neighbor
that hit a car backing up and instantly said, "Quick lets get outta here"!
I said, "WHAT on earth are you talking about?"
I was NOT a Christian in 1994 (I was never an atheist, for the record)...and had to teach HER, 'You don't DO that!"
Not one of my atheist close friends would ever DREAM of skipping.
And that's just one story.

NO one has to believe in a Supernatural Being to be a good person in thought, word and deed!
Being "a good person" won't get a person to heaven if they reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The thief on the cross probably was not a good person, but his faith in Christ did the trick for him.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Being "a good person" won't get a person to heaven if they reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
The thief on the cross probably was not a good person, but his faith in Christ did the trick for him.
Yes, the criminal on the right is my favorite story!

But, rem atheists often do not believe in any sort of afterlife...so there is no need to wish for
a future place in Heaven or any need for saving from anything. (hell)
I'm afraid many will be very surprised to see gays and atheists in the afterlife doing just fine...
atheists that never dreamed there was anything afterwards, even! Ha !

Sure there are diff levels on the Other Side....but it doesn't mean a sweet atheist would
be in a 'bad' place.
BUT you and I will never agree on many things that are written in the Bible that i believe are half truths,
written wrong and interpreted wrong.

Leave ONE word out, forgotten, and the entire sentence is changed ...leave a comma out and it changes the whole thing...translate
a few words differently than their intended meaning...and OH MY!
Sheol turns into a hell!

Old 12-04-2018, 04:42 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Yes, the criminal on the right is my favorite story!
But, rem atheists often do not believe in any sort of afterlife...so there is no need to wish for
a future place in Heaven or any need for saving from anything. (hell)
I'm afraid many will be very surprised to see gays and atheists in the afterlife doing just fine...
atheists that never dreamed there was anything afterwards, even! Ha !
Sure there are diff levels on the Other Side....but it doesn't mean a sweet atheist would
be in a 'bad' place.
BUT you and I will never agree on many things that are written in the Bible that i believe are half truths,
written wrong and interpreted wrong.
Leave ONE word out, forgotten, and the entire sentence is changed ...leave a comma out and it changes the whole thing...translate
a few words differently than their intended meaning...and OH MY!
Sheol turns into a hell!
Sheol the Hebrew word for KJV hell, which biblical hell is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.
When KJV translated (Not sheol) but translated the word 'Gehenna' into English as hell fire that put the flames in hell.
Gehenna was a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever, Not burning forever.
Jesus taught sleep in death at John 11:11-14.
To me that means that the day Jesus' died he went to sleep in biblical hell (grave) - Acts 2:27
Sleeping temporarily until his God resurrected the dead Jesus out of death's deep sleep.
Jesus would have believed 'sleep in death' because Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Scriptures such as: Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4 and Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Biblical hell comes to a final end according to Revelation 20:13-14.
After everyone in biblical hell ( grave) is 'delivered up' ( meaning resurrected out of hell ) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic 'second death ' for vacated hell.
No more 'hell' (sheol/grave) does Not mean everyone going to Heaven, but rather the opportunity to have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth.
Just as Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11. Only the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' as per Psalm 92:7.

As for we the living, at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 the figurative humble ' sheep ' and the haughty ' goats ' are going to be judged on how they have treated Jesus' spiritual brothers' alive on Earth at this time frame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity