Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 08:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Scientist say that the Earth is so rare as to have everything just right to form humans that it's almost impossible, but if the odds were 1 in a trillion, then the vast numbers would give us billions and billions of one in a trillion Earths that now have humans, and they even said that given the time and sheer amount of planets, there have already been billions and billions of planets with humans on them that humans lived for a million years and their planet died. Space and time cannot be measured.

You are one in a million, think about that, about all the seed that died and didn't make it to the uterus, you are truly unique.

I say that God caused the big bang and set out to make humans with spirit from this.

Think how many billions of years he spent in making just you, billions of years waiting for a thinking, aware, careing person who could easily serve as a judge for the multitudes.

God has billions and billions of planets where humans are evolving and we are the desired product as we have seriously become aware.

Think of all the trillions and trillions of animals who died in order to get to you....

Your reason, your capacity for love and your awareness was the desired product of 16 billion years in the making, I hardly think God will cast you away seeing that there are a billion planets evolvkng where even you could become a guiding spirit.

If there is a God, then God makes planets to form aware humans to indwell them with a spirtual seed that they cultivate and thus, God is ever expanding, and we are the almost finished product, like Jesus says, if God cares so much for the sparrows, what must he think of us.

He has work for us, the work never ends.

The promise Jesus gives to the overcomer is to have his own Earth, and this promise can not be made with one Earth unless there is only one overcomer, this promise insinuates there being very many Earths filled with people.
I look forward to meeting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 09:15 PM

23,155 posts, read 10,449,759 times
I think all God does is guide people and when those people die, they become guides as part of the army of the Lord....

There are many things to show us the work God has, each person is appointed a spirit, their own angel...... God says stuff like,'' who will be a decieving spirit in the mouth of this man?'' The spirits around say,'' I will, I will,'' So they went down and spoke lies to a person they were supposed to speak lies to. Of course there are guiding spirits to do the will of God no matter for good or bad, every spirit has a purpose. We saw the army of the Lord come to Elisha, and that army was there for a reason, and there was the same amount of soldiers in the army of God as thete were for each man in the enemy's army, that one spirit went down to each man to blind them.......

Lord knows what kind of cool arse fun God has waiting for us like that, I mean to go down into a man to enter him and make him blind, that has got to be a blunt moment. Cool right?

Yup, after that stunt, we would be partying man, laughing at all those poor unaware soldiers who couldn't figure out why they was blind, talk about the high 5's that have must have occured after that, yeah, good times, good times.

You remember Jewade, you were there.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:31 PM

950 posts, read 1,259,768 times
What the heck is a conservado jew? I ask because I have never heard such a term. There are shephardic jews, reformed jews, hassdic jews, ultra orthodox jews ,etc. We are roman Catholics and my brother in law is a jew. I also have cousins on both sides who are protestants. My mom's mother was a hungarian presybterian, and married a member of the Hungarian Byzantine Rite, which is an eastern rite branch of the catholic church. My dad was german, his father 's people were Bavarian Catholics and his mother's people were Lutherans from Riga,latvia, they are what is known as baltic germans.
My father could speak yiddish. Always remember him saying if you can speak german, you can learn yiddish. He wasn't ashamed of that ability, in fact he seemed proud of it. When the movie 'A Stranger Among US" with Melanie Griffith came out years ago, well it was set in the jewish community in New York City, and she was a detective investigating a series of murders in tthe community. Well the jewish hero had to explain various jewish customs and such to her. The majority of it we already knew from what our dad told us.
My dad, who studied apologetics with the Jesuits at Marquette University when attending classes there, never once expressed any interest in running around converting Jews. I guess he figured that since God considered them His chosen people , that the Almighty Father would deal with them in His own time and fashion.
Oh by the way Hannibal Flavius, a lot of jews do marry catholics, why I don't know, but they do. Now that may not be true of the Hassids or Ultra Orthodox, but for others less observant, like reformed, it's not an issue.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:17 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
I find Jesus ' ran around ' expressing interest in converting Jews - Luke 4:43
Later Jesus gave Christians that job to not only go to the Jews, but to the Samaritans and the people of the nations.
- Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:33 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,521 times
2 Timothy 2:24,25: "For a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle toward all, qualified to teach, showing restraint when wronged, 25 instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed. Perhaps God may give them repentance leading to an accurate knowledge of truth."

Jesus chose Paul, who wrote the inspired text above, to be on his team. These folks are not like Paul.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Hehe. Team Jesus. Hehe.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:05 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Lol. "Team Jesus." LOL.
One wonders - do they shout "USA!" "USA!" on TEAM JESUS? I will not take time to watch the video so I may never know.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:11 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You bible literalists are evangelists of darkness. Where ever Jesus went there was joy and gladness. You do know it was your Mother and Father that virtually shaped you into what you are under their care and guidance, and has a result formed the way you think and believe, which shaped you and your world. What Jesus was saying here was, all that you have been shaped by you are going to have to forsake to enter this wonderful abundant way of life.

And awe gripped all the people, and they were glorifying God, and they were saying, “A great Prophet has arisen among us, and God has visited his people.
Confounding scriptures, so well expounded on. Thank you!

Old 11-19-2018, 07:56 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
What the heck is a conservado jew? I ask because I have never heard such a term. There are shephardic jews, reformed jews, hassdic jews, ultra orthodox jews ,etc. We are roman Catholics and my brother in law is a jew. I also have cousins on both sides who are protestants. My mom's mother was a hungarian presybterian, and married a member of the Hungarian Byzantine Rite, which is an eastern rite branch of the catholic church. My dad was german, his father 's people were Bavarian Catholics and his mother's people were Lutherans from Riga,latvia, they are what is known as baltic germans.
My father could speak yiddish. Always remember him saying if you can speak german, you can learn yiddish. He wasn't ashamed of that ability, in fact he seemed proud of it. When the movie 'A Stranger Among US" with Melanie Griffith came out years ago, well it was set in the jewish community in New York City, and she was a detective investigating a series of murders in tthe community. Well the jewish hero had to explain various jewish customs and such to her. The majority of it we already knew from what our dad told us.
My dad, who studied apologetics with the Jesuits at Marquette University when attending classes there, never once expressed any interest in running around converting Jews. I guess he figured that since God considered them His chosen people , that the Almighty Father would deal with them in His own time and fashion.
Oh by the way Hannibal Flavius, a lot of jews do marry catholics, why I don't know, but they do. Now that may not be true of the Hassids or Ultra Orthodox, but for others less observant, like reformed, it's not an issue.
A Jewcthat is somewhere between Orthodox and Conservative...

Old 11-19-2018, 02:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
If you want to be on the team, than you should be telling people that their sins are not being held against them; not that they will be damned to an eternal hellhole, if they do not believe the right things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity