U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 07:19 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,871,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
From the Bible

1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2. God forbid. We who died to sin, how shall we any longer live therein? (Romans 6)

In true faith, there is no excuses for us live by doing sin.

We must be dead to sin
Amen. Preach the Word without wavering.

Romans 6
[11] Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
[12] Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
[13] Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 11:17 AM

3,671 posts, read 1,540,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Amen. Preach the Word without wavering.

Romans 6
[11] Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
[12] Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
[13] Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Romans 6 here are true for new born babes in Christ. for the word "LET" is a condition.

and the condition is based on new born babes. I have never seen a baby from his mother womb started to walk before it crawl. it must "GROW" in GRACE. and if it sin that's why we have 1 John 2:1.

PICYJAG.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:02 PM

4,697 posts, read 1,223,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
no i am not beating the sin drum, i am urging you fundamentalists to quit focusing on sin and set your affections on things above, your condemnation of sinners will dry up and you will create a world of righteousness rather than one where you believe sin is rife.

I commend you too on your smaller posts that are not only much easier to read but to the point too.
Now that one is what I call a salsa footwork.. YES Hot and steamy.. WITH A BIT OF PASO DOBLA! IN YOUR CASE I THINK PASS A DOUBLIE MIGHT BE MORE APPROPRIATE FOR THAT FOOTWORK.. AKA DOUBLE TALK..

Old 11-03-2018, 04:20 PM

JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PASO DOBLA IS
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/paso%20doble

WELL THIS DICTIONARY REALLY DOESN'T DO THE TRUTH JUSTICE .
YOU SEE WHEN DANCING THE PASO DOBLA, THE MAN DANCES AS IF THE WOMAN IS A CAPE. AND HE USES HER TO DISTRACT THE BULL AS IN A BULL FIGHT BEFORE HE PLUNGES THE SWORD IN THE POOR BEASTS HEART ..
YEP THERE IS LOTS OF PASO DOBLA GOING ON AROUND THESE PARTS..
AND PROOF IS THE TONS OF BULL LEAVINGS..

( SOME SAY SHE IS THE BULL.
Quote:
.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasodoble is known as one of the fastest Latin ballroom dances because dancers make around 120 to 130 beats/steps per minute. In some versions, the man portrays the matador in the dance, and the woman portrays the bull. Flamenco-like qualities.. AND IT ALSO SAYS Essentially, the Pasadoble dance involves role-playing. This two-person dance form has the man performing as the bullfighter and the woman as the cape.
BUT IT IS REALLY THE CAPE, BUT NOW DAYS THEY LIKE TO MAKE IT MORE "WAR" LIKE MAYBE ) AND TO THINK YOU KEEP BLAMING THE CAPE. OF COURSE THE DUMB BULLS BLAME THE CAPE TOO.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-03-2018 at 04:59 PM..

Old 11-03-2018, 05:35 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,930,237 times
But if we do not sin, are we not a liar?

Old 11-04-2018, 06:37 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,871,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It's recorded in the Scriptures what God said.

Ezekiel 18
[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
[25] Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
[26] When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
[27] Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
[28] Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[29] Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
[30] Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
[31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
[32] For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

and wow ... so since both are true and are to be held as the truth and are to help keep his church in that delicate balance.. you get to beat us all up either way right> ok gee how lucky are you zmanz that God has given you such an opportunity?

or maybe is it really an opportunity ? or a just a trap for a dead bull in the waiting who is still chasing capes?

Old 11-06-2018, 06:59 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,418,005 times
No excuse to continue living in sin- agreed. However, even the best Christian will continue to sin to some degree. With His help, I try not to keep "willfully" sinning.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:23 AM

ok so last night I get the rest of the story.
I had been kind of down because even thou God is calling me righteous or holy or the like.., I feel like scum to me( and that is a long story I won't tell) . so I do struggle against with an internal war of "Good and evil.." I also know it is not not my war to win.. and that it is the wrong tree.. but my heart still lives there in that war... because I see and feel the pain created by that tree and from that tree... and I don't want to plant seeds of it anymore.. so I try to keep my eyes on him and believe what he says .. but my poor heart just keeps going back the war of right enough wrong enough..

so I think He won the battle of JOY for me last night.. He used the story of Jacob and the whole bullfighting ideas to seal the deal about JOY!

You see if you refuse to fight the battle of your own ideas of Good and Evil verses His ideas of God and evil and righteousness versus holiness etc etc etc ..
then you are a bull ( or bully) who isn't even chasing the cape ...a ferdinand comes to mind.. we can also just call him a dead bull and not even a grateful dead bull .As you truely do not want to get your christian theology from an ungrateful Christian who hasn't at least stared down death to self in it's eye at least once..if not a few zillions times.. as his Love for our savior and his saving and his Spirits counseling and His grace to us and his mercies and his provisions ... will be Nill at best. that one dead bull(y) is not the place to get your theology from.
luckily HE is the God of resurrection and he will resurrect all the cape chasing and cursing dead bullsand none chasing and cursing ones into grateful humble humans.. they will Be so glad that they are not cape chasing dead bulls any longer.

in the mean time if in our bull fighting we Like Jacob struggle between kissing/blessing "the Sword"=man/ or the cape the women / or the bull fighter( God...)
who like Laban and all his trickery. who was even tricker then even Jacob himself was.. ,but Laban was also the death blow to Jacobs own trickery heart .

well
Then to think like how it was that darn " cape" that got him into that trouble anyway!! OH his "Love" for Rachael.. LOVE .. that elusive condition..

and yet I wonder like how drunk was he that he didn't know on his wedding night that it was Leah?
how dark must it have been in that tent anyway?
so around there should teach a good lesson or a few good lessons, well around there someplace is lots of life lessons..!

And so for 20 years That BULL gets into the battle of the capes.. as they make him have sex with 3 women he doesn't love and for sure only one cape he does "Love" and the Capes are the ones who are making the deals as to which fuzzy wuzzy gets put in his face for the night! meaning three of the four women he had no choices about....but he takes care of His business anyway..
think about it fellas. can anyone say "Stay how drunk? " How drunk would you need to be ?

and those darn women/capes keep getting him into trouble even after he leaves Laban house...

so then Jacob finally meets the matador..

and they have a fight to end all fights and Jacob after all that his life has been, He is not going to let God get away without blessing him. he has to be like.."please give me peace!" .
He has learned to bless even the unbless-able Laban and his trickery and using him! and he blesses and forgives anyway.. and always did good for him all the days he was there..
and he learned to find blessings in Laban's cursing( color of sheep)and usury and he has struggled with unknown fuzzy wuzzies Capes ..buying and trading him like a piece of meat and a tool that they all use against each other! He did it for endless eions of nights and for more than 20 years..

and He finally meets the Matador because in it he learned in the process that there is a matador in control of his life as he struggled with good and evil in his life.. and came out grateful and wise enough to know it was the matador.. .... so he demands that God himself bless him and give him peace from his heartaches !

a Grateful , but humbled and with a forgiving heart , so He dies a blessed man.. in so many ways blessed ..

SO in the Bull fight called life? who dies most blessed?

that is for each of us to decide for ourselves ?
but these people and these situations in God's word are alive and well in this world today right now in some part of this world.

SO who dies most blessed?

Jacob? he Wins against the capes, the matador blessed him and the Sword blessed him and provided for him , he dies grateful and with so much in his household..
OR Laban who gets a huge family of kids and grandkids and workers but dies alone because he was not a nice old man.....
OR who of the capes dies most blessed ?

Rachael yes with a husband's love, OH he adored her .. but she had to learn to share with three other women ! and she
only has but two sons to cuddle with in her very old age.

OR maybe one of the handmaids who were told to sleep with a man they may not have loved at all or even liked him at all ..? and their own children not really hardly even attributed to them!

OR the unloved, unrecognized women who was used by her father as a pawn to get a workman for his farm .. she never feels loved by her husband and probably not by her sister either....
But she has what like 8 babies in her "family " who love and adore her and only her .. so what about Her family dinners that is awesome and the game night is better, because she has team LEAH for all kinds of fun and games and she has the only daughter you had to know that one baby girl was the apple of her Father's eye...
but Leah spent her life creating life and supplying life for her household and by it created Love in her life.. it might not have been the kind of love she wanted at first.. But it was warm cuddly love and tons of baby kisses bubbling around her in her old age..

I know I who I pick..
I chose to be Leah. to create LIFE and thus create LOVE in my life.. and to be grateful for the love I do get.!
But I can say with certainty that I am grateful that I live in this age and this time and this place and this reality.
Thank you Lord for your many blessings and that we all have a bullfight, a cape and a sword to learn about you and ourselves from!
may we all find your truths and your righteousness and true humility and with it gratefulness for what you have created in us and around us by all our fights with our ideas of "good and evil" ...that fight that you put us into to teach us who you are and who we are in you ! because only when we are humble and grateful do we understand real JOY! freedom in you there is JOY..

what we know for sure is all of the bulls here in that story have met the cape and matador and the sword and struggle in the trinity/ tri realities.. of it all.... because it isn't just about to stop sinning.. but allowing him to create his life in you from the struggles !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-06-2018 at 09:35 AM..

Old 11-10-2018, 02:55 PM

146 posts, read 142,211 times
Think how often there are verses speaking out against sin in the New Testament. If we are not dead to it, it is still an issue in our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or