U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-10-2018, 03:16 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 23,895,889 times
Reputation: 7812

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
No excuse to continue living in sin- agreed. However, even the best Christian will continue to sin to some degree. With His help, I try not to keep "willfully" sinning.
so you are saying we "accidentally" sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2018, 04:03 PM
 
4,697 posts, read 1,218,477 times
Reputation: 244
when a baby picks his nose he sure doesn't know that it is a socially "unacceptable sin ",

and why it says "Hos 4:6

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;
because you have rejected knowledge,
( this is not talking about human concepts of Illecteduals etc >> that men make up )
I reject you from being a priest to me.
And since you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.
"

so a maybe lack of interest in his Word and His words( wWord) seem to be His issue with folks.. interest in his laws and his ideas etc.. there is definitely a thread of this issue throughout the scripture both old and new testament.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2018, 04:12 PM
 
5,133 posts, read 2,528,408 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
so you are saying we "accidentally" sin?
I find due to inherited 'adamic sin' ( sin from father Adam ) we can accidentally sin.
Sin is either: by accident or not, on purpose or not, premeditated or not, willfull, or not ......
If we willfully practice sin then there will be No more forgiveness for sins as per Hebrews 10:26.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2018, 04:17 PM
 
5,133 posts, read 2,528,408 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Think how often there are verses speaking out against sin in the New Testament. If we are not dead to it, it is still an issue in our lives.
.... and I find sin will be an issue in our lives until the time of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth starts.
After the thousand years righteous mankind will have reached the human perfection that Adam had before his downfall.
Then, at that time, mankind can again have a one-on-one relationship with God as Adam had before sinning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2018, 04:26 PM
 
8,100 posts, read 7,067,151 times
Reputation: 1433
Christians can live the life sinless through daily repentance ..... See Jesus said that He needs to wash the Christians feet which means that the world is full of sin and our feet touch the world , so unless Jesus cleanses our feet than our walk with Christ may not be cleansed of sin ....................... See demon live the realm of the flesh which man body is in the realm of the flesh so demon can live in the body of man , where demon are sin to God , where fallen angels live in the high place realm which is not in the flesh realm , but fallen angels can hold curses against man and they do just that , and hold curses of sin on man that only Jesus can redeem us of curses of fallen angels ....................... See the world is a sin full place and only heaven is a sinless place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 09:54 AM
 
3,666 posts, read 8,837,374 times
Reputation: 2138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No one can completely be separate from sin, but we should seek to minimize it as much as possible.

While God's grace is what redeems us, it doesn't mean we have the license to behave against God's perceptive will.
Well said! Even if the Spirit entered our lives, we are still in the human flesh and we'll have temptations. In some ways even more because the enemy will try to manipulate us. It's about reading the Word and striving to do what's right, and being a disciple as a witness/example to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 12:48 PM
 
20,348 posts, read 9,815,907 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Well said! Even if the Spirit entered our lives, we are still in the human flesh and we'll have temptations. In some ways even more because the enemy will try to manipulate us. It's about reading the Word and striving to do what's right, and being a disciple as a witness/example to others.
Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. The Hebrew term or word for Satan merely describes an adversarial role, whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, it was the principalities and powers of unholy human messengers who inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their mind set on what the nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul and the temperament within that of other men.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 01:03 PM
 
3,666 posts, read 8,837,374 times
Reputation: 2138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. The Hebrew term or word for Satan merely describes an adversarial role, whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, it was the principalities and powers of unholy human messengers who inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their mind set on what the nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul and the temperament within that of other men.


Great points. It's the human ego and worldly culture that can get us caught up in sin. I really was struggling with lust, to the point committing adultery, all because the environment and people who I was surrounded with encouraged that type of behavior. I have since repented and got my life back on track with some counseling and guidance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 01:47 PM
 
20,348 posts, read 9,815,907 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Great points. It's the human ego and worldly culture that can get us caught up in sin. I really was struggling with lust, to the point committing adultery, all because the environment and people who I was surrounded with encouraged that type of behavior. I have since repented and got my life back on track with some counseling and guidance.
It's good to hear that you have turned your life around from a destructive path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top