Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 09:57 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times

Advertisements

Another term for dispensation is an economy in effect for a time and place.....you should believe in it, it's right there in the book........we are in a time of grace presently.

1Co_9:17* For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph_1:10* That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph_3:2* If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col_1:25* Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 10:06 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Sounds like some weird Bible translation; using the word "dispensation". Try another Bible...

Old 11-02-2018, 11:55 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Yes, dispensations are taught in the Bible. The word 'dispensation' which is used in the King James Bible translates the Greek word οἰκονομία - oikonomia and in more modern English translations is translated as 'stewardship' or 'administration.' See 1 Corinthians 9:17, Ephesians 1:10 and 3:9, Colossians 1:25. But whether translated as dispensation, stewardship or administration, the term refers to the administration of a household or estate. It refers to delegated authority or responsibility.

In every period of human history God puts someone in charge of disseminating the gospel and making it clear. Human administrators or stewards fulfill this purpose. The four major stewards in human history are Gentiles, Israel, Church, and Christ. In the age of Gentiles (before God called out Israel as a people for Himself) all believers were administrators and were responsible for disseminating the Gospel. In the age of Israel which followed, that responsibility was given to the Jews. In the present dispensation of the Church all Church-age believers are given the responsibility of spreading the gospel. In the Millennial kingdom it will be Jesus Himself who is the custodian of the gospel.

There are other differences in the various dispensations of human history. A very obvious one is that Israel was under the Mosaic law, but the Church is not. The purpose of the Mosaic law was to act as a tutor, a guardian for Israel until Christ came. The dispensation of Israel was one of the Mosaic law. The church is the dispensation of grace. This doesn't mean however that God didn't extend grace in prior dispensations. Another difference between the dispensation of Israel and the dispensation of the Church is that in the Church-age every believer is a priest while in the dispensation of Israel the priesthood resided in the tribe of Levi alone.

One constant in all dispensations is that the means of salvation is always the same. In dispensations prior to the coming of Jesus, salvation was though faith in the promised coming of the Messiah. Since the time of the cross salvation is through faith in Christ who is the Messiah who was promised to come.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:53 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Only see Three dispensation through time , the first is from Adam and Eve to the cross of Jesus Christ , where the devil had spiritual authority over the world , and God was limited because He gave the authority over the earth to Adam and Adam gave spiritual to the devil , as God witness man with very limited power of God ............. Then in the second dispensation with the cross of Christ Jesus took the spiritual authority of the earth but left the devil to challenge man and even believers , where believer has every thing which belongs to Jesus belongs to them, and the power of God is in the earth , and the devil is a defeated foe............. Then the third dispensation comes after the second coming of Jesus Christ , and the raptured saints with out any body else in the earth and no demons and no fallen angels or no power of darkness or devil will be in the earth for thousand years and God will be glorified in the streets of the whole world as God will be a witness of this sin less existence in the earth with no influence with the devil ........ Then as sin comes back the devil will be released and the great judgement of God`s creation will come on the last day

Old 11-02-2018, 04:34 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Only see Three dispensation through time , the first is from Adam and Eve to the cross of Jesus Christ , where the devil had spiritual authority over the world , and God was limited because He gave the authority over the earth to Adam and Adam gave spiritual to the devil , as God witness man with very limited power of God ............. Then in the second dispensation with the cross of Christ Jesus took the spiritual authority of the earth but left the devil to challenge man and even believers , where believer has every thing which belongs to Jesus belongs to them, and the power of God is in the earth , and the devil is a defeated foe............. Then the third dispensation comes after the second coming of Jesus Christ , and the raptured saints with out any body else in the earth and no demons and no fallen angels or no power of darkness or devil will be in the earth for thousand years and God will be glorified in the streets of the whole world as God will be a witness of this sin less existence in the earth with no influence with the devil ........ Then as sin comes back the devil will be released and the great judgement of God`s creation will come on the last day
Yes, I agree three dispensation. they are correctly seen in
1 Corinthians 12:4 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:5 "And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:6 "And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

Genesis 1:1 "Spirit", JESUS, without flesh & Bones. John 1:1 "Lord", Jesus with flesh and Bone. Revelation 1:1 "God", JESUS Glorified in Flesh and Bone. the NEW CREATION.

Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne".

PICYJAG

Old 11-02-2018, 05:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Another term for dispensation is an economy in effect for a time and place.....you should believe in it, it's right there in the book........we are in a time of grace presently.

1Co_9:17* For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph_1:10* That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph_3:2* If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col_1:25* Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
If God is grace, grace as always been here through the ages(Wherever i am Grace is there, if i make my bed in in hell, grace is there). The reality is if you can believe it, Jesus Christ took it to another level by showing us that the grace of God is a super abounding grace.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Yes, I agree three dispensation. they are correctly seen in
1 Corinthians 12:4 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:5 "And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:6 "And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

Genesis 1:1 "Spirit", JESUS, without flesh & Bones. John 1:1 "Lord", Jesus with flesh and Bone. Revelation 1:1 "God", JESUS Glorified in Flesh and Bone. the NEW CREATION.

Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne".

PICYJAG
But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for him. And there is only one Lord (mediator), Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given (the Spirit of) life.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for him. And there is only one Lord (mediator), Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given (the Spirit of) life.
Yes, we know that it's ONE God who is the Father, we agree. meaning the Creator of us all, and that's the LORD JESUS, without flesh, the Spirit.

yes, the CREATOR, per John 1:3, and Isaiah 44:24.

and yes, one mediator, who is the SAME Lord who is God, per, 1 John 2:1, (the HOLY SPIRIT).

and yes, one God the same person shared, or diversified in flesh, better know as the "OFFSPRING", per Revelation 22:16, which gives both of his titles, "Father" (ROOT), "Son" (Offspring).

PICYJAG.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:07 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

Dispensationalism was formulated by John Nelson Darby in the middle of the 19th century. Ostensibly it was an attempt to clarify two issues; one historic and one prophetic.

Darby's historic effort measured time before the cross as the age of Law. Historians call it BC - Before Christ.
Darby referred to time following the cross as the age of Grace. Historians call it AD - Anno Domini (Year of God)

But Darby got it wrong.

JND was neither historian nor theologian and created a great error in the minds of those who interpret God's plan of redemption according to his, Darby's, standard. The Bible is self-interpreting and no external methodology or references are needed to understand its purpose.

We have NEVER been in a time that was not devoid of the requirement of the Law and we have NEVER been in a time when Grace was not active.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

Separation of Law and Grace always results in sin and error. Today the post-modern church would have us believe all things are relative - relative, that is, to our desire to sin and hide it in convoluted arguments and self-justifying interpretations.

What is the Law?

Basically the Law is that which God expects of us, that which tells us what to expect of God, and that which instructs us in the divine plan of redemption. The Law describes what God is DOING and it tells us what to DO. The Law itself does nothing except illuminate and instruct.

What is Grace?

Grace is that which God DOES. It is that gift of God which enables us to DO that which God requires of us according to the Law. Grace itself does nothing except to describe DOING - that which God DOES and that which God enables us to DO.

Both Law and Grace are descriptive terms - words that describe DOING.

In Genesis chapter 3 we see the first act of God DOING both law and grace. Sin first appears in the world in chapter 3. How do we know this? The first Law was to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The first sin was eating of the forbidden fruit and the first ACT of God's grace with regard to human sin was recorded in verse 15. In that verse God promises to DO a thing that will redeem from sin.

Grace was not born on the cross and the law didn't die there either. Darby was wrong.

"I did not come to abolish the Law. I come to fulfill it." - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 5:17

Jesus said the Law didn't die on the cross. Jesus fulfilled the Law upon it by being a sacrifice for sin on our behalf. But what does it say about the times that follow? Are we ourselves to abandon acts of the Law? May it never be.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship. - Romans 12:1

We are therefore called to keep the Law and DO it, not by our own power but through that gift of action provided by God. That enabling power is called grace and it encourages us to DO that which God approves - by the Law.

Both Law and Grace mean DOING - God's DOING as well as our DOING (with His help). Neither are new things and neither have ended. Neither will ever end.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Old 11-03-2018, 07:27 AM

The three dispensation "of" GOD, according to the Bible.

dispensation #1. Genesis 1:1 CREATOR, and MAKER of all things. Title LORD, who is Spirit.

dispensation #2. John 1:1 REDEEMER, and SAVIOUR of all things. Title Lord, who is spirit.

dispensation #3. Revelation 1:1 COMFORTER, and MEDIATOR of All things, Title Lord, who is Spirit, God.

same Spirit only diversified.

I AM THAT I AM

I AM = Spirit without flesh

THAT = Spirit diversified in flesh, spirit, a man

I AM = Spirit Glorified in flesh.

The three dispensation of God is where the trinity come from. instead of three separate person, no, only three dispensation of the SAME ONE PERSON.

PICYJAG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity