U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,538,390 times
Reputation: 115

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness. That is the name I associate with god. I left the religion a long time ago, but the name still sticks with me.
yes, when one is first taught this it do stick, we understand what you're saying. but the word of God is true. we all was taught in error. duped by the double tongue.

but we shouldn't blame those who taught us, but thank God for knowing the truth now.

as said, it's never to late for God. he's alway on time. and the time is now to learn and understand the true and only God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2018, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Mars City
5,091 posts, read 2,143,556 times
Reputation: 7505
The name makes no difference to me. In fact, I'd rather dispose of names and labels entirely.

Mankind insists on names and labels, and gets upset and confused without them. God (or whatever) though is okay with what simply exists. I prefer his way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 12:02 PM
 
21,845 posts, read 16,691,085 times
Reputation: 8661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
when the truth hits it hurts. H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. which is “I AM”. IS A VERB.


verbs are not NOUNS, meaning verbs are not personal Names. vowels was "ADDED" to the tetragrammaton to get these false Name of God. men just gave God a name.
and when men add to the word of God they put the noose around their neck.

adding to the word of God is a NO NO. the apostle Paul was correct, Romans 1:25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen".

VERBS are not NOUNS. no personal name is a verb. verbs can be titles or appellative.
Oh for crying out loud. You like to appeal to Strong's. That's your go to source. But Strong's recognizes that Yahweh is not its root word Hayah. Hayah is a verb according to Strong's. Yahweh is a noun, also according to Strong's.

Again, Strong's, your go to guy, makes this distinction.
Lexicon: Strong's H3068 - Yĕhovah

יְהֹוָה

Transliteration: Yĕhovah

Part of Speech: proper noun with reference to deity

Root Word (Etymology):From הָיָה (H1961)

Here. Click and read: https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...&strongs=h3068
Strong's H3068 refers to Yahweh, or as it's listed here, Yĕhovah. Now that's your go to reference which makes the distinction between hayah (H1961) and Yahweh (H3068), and your go to source states that Yahweh (Yĕhovah) is a proper noun. As did the other sources I've already shown you.

Genesis 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD (יְהוָ֥ה - Yahweh; Strong's H3068; proper noun) God made earth and heaven.

And actually, I showed you back in post #35 that Strong's stated that Yahweh is a proper name which means that it's a noun. So if the truth hurts, take an aspirin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,538,390 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Oh for crying out loud. You like to appeal to Strong's. That's your go to source. But Strong's recognizes that Yahweh is not its root word Hayah. Hayah is a verb according to Strong's. Yahweh is a noun, also according to Strong's.

Again, Strong's, your go to guy, makes this distinction.
Lexicon: Strong's H3068 - Yĕhovah

יְהֹוָה

Transliteration: Yĕhovah

Part of Speech: proper noun with reference to deity

Root Word (Etymology):From הָיָה (H1961)

Here. Click and read: https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...&strongs=h3068
Strong's H3068 refers to Yahweh, or as it's listed here, Yĕhovah. Now that's your go to reference which makes the distinction between hayah (H1961) and Yahweh (H3068), and your go to source states that Yahweh (Yĕhovah) is a proper noun. As did the other sources I've already shown you.

Genesis 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD (יְהוָ֥ה - Yahweh; Strong's H3068; proper noun) God made earth and heaven.

And actually, I showed you back in post #35 that Strong's stated that Yahweh is a proper name which means that it's a noun. So if the truth hurts, take an aspirin.
LOL. LOL. are you that nescient? even you posted the Etymology or the Root of the word which is :From הָיָה (H1961) A VERB... LOL. MY, MY, my. oh well you gotta meet people where they are at.

Look mike, .mike ... mike?.. (smile)... understand the false name was made up from From הָיָה (H1961) "A VERB".... do you understand?.

The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH.

now mike.. mike...mike? if you can give book chapter and verse where God said, "INSERT THESE VOWELS INTO THE TETRAGRAMMATON AND YOU WILL GET MY PERSONAL NAME", I'll shut my mouth and will not say another word about the name JEHOVAH or YAHWEH.

now you get me those verses... or else your name for God is FALSE as two left shoes.

so your task is easy, just produce the verses. don't ramble on as a unenlightened person...

now if you cannot produce the verse, you will be ignored.... (smile).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 12:42 PM
 
21,845 posts, read 16,691,085 times
Reputation: 8661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
LOL. LOL. are you that nescient? even you posted the Etymology or the Root of the word which is :From הָיָה (H1961) A VERB... LOL. MY, MY, my. oh well you gotta meet people where they are at.

Look mike, .mike ... mike?.. (smile)... understand the false name was made up from From הָיָה (H1961) "A VERB".... do you understand?.

The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH.

now mike.. mike...mike? if you can give book chapter and verse where God said, "INSERT THESE VOWELS INTO THE TETRAGRAMMATON AND YOU WILL GET MY PERSONAL NAME", I'll shut my mouth and will not say another word about the name JEHOVAH or YAHWEH.

now you get me those verses... or else your name for God is FALSE as two left shoes.

so your task is easy, just produce the verses. don't ramble on as a unenlightened person...

now if you cannot produce the verse, you will be ignored.... (smile).
Again, your own go to guy, Strong's, refutes you and states that Yahweh is a noun. This has been shown. You obviously can't accept that just as you apparently can't accept being wrong.

You should shut your mouth because all you're doing is making a fool of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
3,671 posts, read 1,538,390 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Again, your own go to guy, Strong's, refutes you and states that Yahweh is a noun. This has been shown. You obviously can't accept that just as you apparently can't accept being wrong.

You should shut your mouth because all you're doing is making a fool of yourself.
Scripture, and verse please, cannot produce?

you just made a fool of yourself by not following instructions..

now those verses please... LOL.

else

see ya. (smile)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 02:36 PM
 
5,140 posts, read 2,531,530 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The name makes no difference to me. In fact, I'd rather dispose of names and labels entirely.
Mankind insists on names and labels, and gets upset and confused without them. God (or whatever) though is okay with what simply exists. I prefer his way...
Does you father and mother's name make No difference to you. Do they just say your name is son.
In the Bible is the Tetragrammaton (YHWH). KJV translated the Tetragrammaton into English at Psalm 83:18 as Jehovah.
So,it was long before the Christian Scriptures that God had a personal name and gave his Son a personal name: Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 02:45 PM
 
5,140 posts, read 2,531,530 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Jehovah is an innocent imitation of God's Holy Name...the one Jesus said was 'hallowed....my understanding. Well, same with Hashem which is actually way closer to the actual sound.
Hash-Shem means The Name. Referring to the divine name. Hash-Shem at Matthew 3:3 in reference to Isaiah 40:3.
Matthew referred to the old Hebrew Scriptures where the Tetragrammaton is found.
Since the Tetragrammaton is a three-syllable name, then the vowel points would read more like 'Yeho-wah' for God's name even though Hebrew scholars generally or commonly use 'Yahweh'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Mars City
5,091 posts, read 2,143,556 times
Reputation: 7505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Does you father and mother's name make No difference to you.
Last time I checked, neither of my parents were God. I'm not going to apply what is of God to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 02:57 PM
 
5,140 posts, read 2,531,530 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Last time I checked, neither of my parents were God. I'm not going to apply what is of God to them.
Then I wonder why God named his Son instead of just telling us to call him Son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top