Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 08:07 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,914,531 times

Advertisements

While engaged in open air preaching, Team Jesus Preachers expound on the topic of being saved by grace and not by works. These warriors for Jesus are on the front lines in battle. God bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or6cDBLi67o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 08:34 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,018,478 times
Saved by grace is lazy, weak-minded theology that appeals to the indolent. It's analogous to the Grasshopper and the Ant story.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:49 AM

118 posts, read 65,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Saved by grace is lazy, weak-minded theology that appeals to the indolent. It's analogous to the Grasshopper and the Ant story.

By works I assume you mean doing good deeds and kind actions. So, if a person with a compassionate, kind, loving heart who does works because its simply who they are, their nature to do so, just what exactly do they need to be saved from?

Old 11-04-2018, 08:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,217,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
By works I assume you mean doing good deeds and kind actions. So, if a person with a compassionate, kind, loving heart who does works because its simply who they are, their nature to do so, just what exactly do they need to be saved from?
((((helllllll, damnation and eternal fire))))

Sorry, couldn't resist. Your kindness means nothing if you do not believe Jesus died for your sins....as
opposed to believing he lived to teach us.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:06 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,018,478 times
Quote:
Nuttin'. Nada. Zip. Rien.

The whole Christian business model is built on convincing people they're worthless curs deserving only of an eternity of toasting - UNLESS they toe the Christian line and say all the magic words to Jesus.

ETA: I want to thank scgraham for introducing me to "Team Jesus." Just saying it cracks me up.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:22 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,846,452 times
I can never figure out why people who completely reject anything from the Bible want to participate in a Christianity forum?

Old 11-04-2018, 09:27 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,302,250 times
Quote:
Perhaps nothing. As spiros said in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
jesus was sent not to condemn the world, but to save the world that condemns and judges
It's those of us who ever were or are caught up in condemning ourselves and others that need saving from that mindset.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:54 AM

3,220 posts, read 908,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
While engaged in open air preaching, Team Jesus Preachers expound on the topic of being saved by grace and not by works. These warriors for Jesus are on the front lines in battle. God bless.
Too bad Paul came along to derail what Jesus had in mind.

"Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your heavenly Father. "

"Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you."

"Come to me all you who are weary and carry a heavy load and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light."

"Whoever comes to me hears my word and uses it. "

"My mother brothers and sisters do the will of my heave Father."

" my mother brothers and sisters hear the word of God and do it. "

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously, and let honesty and peace be in the judgments at your gates."

"Let the man who has my word speak my word and speak the truth."

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth."

"My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple. "

Old 11-04-2018, 10:08 AM

1,183 posts, read 529,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I can never figure out why people who completely reject anything from the Bible want to participate in a Christianity forum?
One plausible theory is that they are Driven by spirit for they are headed to the same final destination. Yes, spirit is spelled in lowercase

Old 11-04-2018, 10:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,217,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I can never figure out why people who completely reject
anything from the Bible want to participate in a Christianity forum?
Because many follow Jesus. I can understand wondering about why on earth an atheist would
have any interest here...many thinking Jesus didn't exist....let alone God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity