U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 07:07 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,149,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why are the Pharisees (or people in government) different than anyone else in the world?

They need Christ in their lives like all people. I'm not sure why you are singling them out.
Christ was in their very presence, and they still rejected him. We don't even see him, and yet we still have faith in him.

Their hate was more important than his love. No change, no conversion, no guts, no glory. Only more stone throwing and calls for his murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 07:24 AM

28,506 posts, read 15,466,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Christ was in their very presence, and they still rejected him. We don't even see him, and yet we still have faith in him.

Their hate was more important than his love. No change, no conversion, no guts, no glory. Only more stone throwing and calls for his murder.
You don't need to be a politician to reject Christ. They aren't any different than anyone else. You seem to be looking at those individuals that stoned Christ and extrapolating it to the entire vocation.

Our Lt. Governor is a strong Christian - and was so before he got into politics.

If I choose to go into politics and seek to serve people and through relationships share Christ, what's wrong with that?

Old 11-06-2018, 07:35 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,149,484 times
Quote:
You don't need to be a politician to reject Christ. They aren't any different than anyone else. You seem to be looking at those individuals that stoned Christ and extrapolating it to the entire vocation.
Those in the church are to uphold what is written in the Bible, Jesus' ministry, and how he lived his life; NOT promote modern politics, hate, and division, which is 180 degrees opposite of Jesus' life and ministry.

Either they leave the church and continue on in such ways outside the church, or they drop the hate and division, and start living and talking like Christ. Trying to have it both ways poisons the church, and spreads what is like cancer on the 'body of Christ'.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 11-06-2018 at 07:45 AM..

Old 11-06-2018, 08:16 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,418,005 times
Quote:
Then he follows the ways of man, politics, power, and division. He obviously has no clue who Jesus was and how he lived, and/or is uninterested in modelling Jesus. That's the great curse and sickness in modern American churches.

He can pat himself on the back for stirring up division, and being a stumbling block to others. He's probably never given a damn about how many people he's moved farther from Christ.
I don't agree with his "tipping his cap" in which way to vote. I also don't agree with you passing judgement on a man you know so little about- you are woefully unqualified. He's not perfect, neither are you or I. That is why Jesus came.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Those in the church are to uphold what is written in the Bible, Jesus' ministry, and how he lived his life; NOT promote modern politics, hate, and division, which is 180 degrees opposite of Jesus' life and ministry.

Either they leave the church and continue on in such ways outside the church, or they drop the hate and division, and start living and talking like Christ. Trying to have it both ways poisons the church, and spreads what is like cancer on the 'body of Christ'.
I understand that Jesus should lifted up... and I'm not saying that should change.

You don't have to promote hate and division because you are in politics.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:10 AM

107 posts, read 22,906 times
Quote:
I understand that Jesus should lifted up... and I'm not saying that should change.

You don't have to promote hate and division because you are in politics.

Excuse me, but if Jesus is God, shouldn't he be doing the "Lifting up?" Never understood why the creator of the universe requires the adoration of a miniscule, infinitesimal part of his over all creation. Seems made up to me.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
Excuse me, but if Jesus is God, shouldn't he be doing the "Lifting up?" Never understood why the creator of the universe requires the adoration of a miniscule, infinitesimal part of his over all creation. Seems made up to me.
God chooses in part to work through His people on the earth.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:53 PM

20,421 posts, read 9,840,546 times
Quote:
His people?

Old 11-06-2018, 08:24 PM

40,099 posts, read 26,767,323 times
Quote:
When are we all going to outgrow this pretense that God somehow favors SOME of us over others!

Old 11-06-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
His people?
Correct. Those joined to Him with the Holy Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or