U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 10:40 AM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 16 hours ago)

16,360 posts, read 8,903,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thank you... it's funny since i probably could quote you by heart everything that happened once Jesus walked out after his fast. So Matthew is my favorite.

Not sure what this had to do with much here....what point were you making? Thanks
That we humans are flawed and need to repent, to enter into a relationship with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 02:13 PM

1,611 posts, read 690,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That we humans are flawed and need to repent, to enter into a relationship with God.
The Holy Spirit convicts of righteousness, not of sin. Man has that we are flawed, not God.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 16 hours ago)

16,360 posts, read 8,903,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
The Holy Spirit convicts of righteousness, not of sin. Man has that we are flawed, not God.
John 16:8

“When [the Spirit] comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment”. -Jesus

Old 11-06-2018, 02:40 PM

4,226 posts, read 2,594,728 times
Quote:
Obviously, this is for Christians...not atheists saying there was no Jesus, nor a God...so, please.

In other words, why do you think, you could not just 'go to the Father' or have the Father or,
aka, Holy Spirit visit you?
Say, if you were a Hindu....say, if you were unsure what Jesus' role was, but wanted to communicate with God....your Creator?

I suppose there will be a ton of verses quoted...but that isn't what
I'm asking for...we know all the verses.

Why do YOU think God would be inaccessible to someone without Jesus involved?
First one to quote what someone else said in The Bible loses...that's a joke, to make a point.
What was the significance of Jesus ranting the curtain?

Old 11-06-2018, 04:50 PM

15,389 posts, read 12,143,677 times
Quote:
Ah, because I see man as born innocent with the light of God in Him. I see, sorry.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
What was the significance of Jesus ranting the curtain?
Hi gabfest, Not sure why you would be asking ME cuz I'm no Bible expert...however, even i knew you meant
when the curtain was rent in two...Jesus didn't 'do it'......it's the curtain that only the High priests could go behind or you would actually DIE...another separation for the peasants that is not my 'thing'...more ceremonies, and rituals by who....some Elders/self made Priests making rules dripping blood onto the Ark, making things up....nope, not my thing.

It being torn was supposed to mean the way was open to God in heaven.

Means nothing to me, personally, sorry...just, cuz someone said that is what it symbolized...not a bad stretch, tho! But a religious theory. Like a superstition you can make a wish on a falling star.

There was an earthquake and dark thunderous clouds because of things happening in the sky....I think it was a solar eclipse just under the Horizon.
Watch the youtube 'The Star of Bethlehem' that follows the skies at that time using Kepler's equations that NASA uses today.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
a thief will break in no matter if a lock is present or not, anything made by man will be circumvented by a man.
a lock just keeps good people righteous, in other words they won't be tempted to steal.
Very clever....did you come up with that? Cuz it's smart!

Old 11-06-2018, 05:48 PM

4,226 posts, read 2,594,728 times
Quote:
Hi gabfest, Not sure why you would be asking ME cuz I'm no Bible expert...however, even i knew you meant
when the curtain was rent in two...Jesus didn't 'do it'......it's the curtain that only the High priests could go behind or you would actually DIE...another separation for the peasants that is not my 'thing'...more ceremonies, and rituals by who....some Elders/self made Priests making rules dripping blood onto the Ark, making things up....nope, not my thing.

It being torn was supposed to mean the way was open to God in heaven.

Means nothing to me, personally, sorry.
..just, cuz someone said that is what it symbolized...not a bad stretch, tho! But a religious theory. Like a superstition you can make a wish on a falling star.

There was an earthquake and dark thunderous clouds because of things happening in the sky....I think it was a solar eclipse just under the Horizon.
Watch the youtube 'The Star of Bethlehem' that follows the skies at that time using Kepler's equations that NASA uses today.
Seems relevant to the OP...I apologize. By now I should easily recognize the different types of threads. Some are knowledge seeking threads and some are lecture threads. Nothing wrong with lecture threads, by the way.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:54 PM

20,412 posts, read 9,834,499 times
Quote:
You don't have to be perfect to have a relationship with God, but forgiveness is a worthy response.
We should aspire to do as God does, that is, to show mercy and forgiveness through that of love.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:55 PM

40,084 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You don't have to be perfect to have a relationship with God, but forgiveness is a worthy response.
We should aspire to do as God does, that is, to show mercy and forgiveness through that of love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity