U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2018, 09:26 AM
 
767 posts, read 429,248 times
Reputation: 106

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
In other words, why do you think, you could not just 'go to the Father' or have the Father or, aka, Holy Spirit visit you? Say, if you were a Hindu....say, if you were unsure what Jesus' role was, but wanted to communicate with God....your Creator? I suppose there will be a ton of verses quoted...but that isn't what I'm asking for...we know all the verses. Why do YOU think God would be inaccessible to someone without Jesus involved? First one to quote what someone else said in The Bible loses...that's a joke, to make a point.
people asked spiritual question ,yet MANY don't want to see the scriptures. but if a Christian respond without the words of Jehovah God and Jesus. then one will say..."those are YOUR WORDS!" for that reason a true Christian must show verses on what they're speaking on. when posting scriptures it's NOT just for the one asking ,but also for those who's also seeking an answer. you said..."I suppose there will be a ton of verses quoted...but that isn't what I'm asking for." so you're asking for one's personal opinion.

our prayers, even if MANY refuse to believe won't go directly to the Father. it must go through Jesus, (John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me). those who don't "know Jesus role", must learn who Jesus really is and why was he SENT. and WHO sent him ,(John 3:16), then they would know how to communicate with God. and yes MANY know MANY scriptures, yet some don't want to agree with them.

why not?... because God is Perfect, Jesus came and died as a PERFECT human. humans were born through the imperfections of Adam. though Adam was made perfect he became imperfect once he disobeyed Jehovah God. after that he and every human had to make different animal sacrifices. the Lamb was for sin, doing this they're prayers were heard by God. the Lamb was in a sense the mediator between imperfect man and God.

Jesus later became that sacrificial Lamb ,(John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world). so NO human can go to Jehovah God without a mediator. going through Jesus by saying, ("in Jesus name"), our prayers are clean enough to reach his Father. and Jesus is NOT taking it to himself ,(1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2018, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Reputation: 16597
Who said we had to make animal sacrifices? Instead of using your brain....as IF God would want blood spilled....
Aw, gee, here we go:
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire. Psalm 40:6

For thou desirest not sacrifice ... thou delightest not in burnt offerings. Psalm 51:16
I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. Isaiah 1:11
He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man.
Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me. Jeremiah 6:20
Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh. For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. Jeremiah 7:21-22
For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the *knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

*KNOWLEDGE*....personal knowledge.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 10:57 AM
 
1,608 posts, read 688,759 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
John 16:8

“When [the Spirit] comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment”. -Jesus
Sin is a definition man came up with to give some credibility to a supposed gap between man and God, that is a result of eating of the tree we weren't supposed to eat of. Judgement is a symptom of having eaten of the fruit of the tree we weren't supposed to eat of. That leaves righteousness, which is the only authentic measure out of the 3 you say Jesus referred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,954 posts, read 22,094,309 times
Reputation: 10687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Sin is a definition man came up with to give some credibility to a supposed gap between man and God, that is a result of eating of the tree we weren't supposed to eat of. Judgement is a symptom of having eaten of the fruit of the tree we weren't supposed to eat of. That leaves righteousness, which is the only authentic measure out of the 3 you say Jesus referred.
So "sin" is something fabricated by man but "righteousness" is somehow authentic? How does that work? If there is only righteousness, what's the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 11:45 AM
 
1,608 posts, read 688,759 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So "sin" is something fabricated by man but "righteousness" is somehow authentic? How does that work? If there is only righteousness, what's the point?
It works because this world is passing away / temporal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 12:20 PM
 
20,341 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Who said we had to make animal sacrifices? Instead of using your brain....as IF God would want blood spilled....
Aw, gee, here we go:
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire. Psalm 40:6

For thou desirest not sacrifice ... thou delightest not in burnt offerings. Psalm 51:16
I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. Isaiah 1:11
He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man.
Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me. Jeremiah 6:20
Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh. For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. Jeremiah 7:21-22

For I desired mercy,
and not sacrifice; and the *knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

*KNOWLEDGE*....personal knowledge.

My rep button is limited.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,954 posts, read 22,094,309 times
Reputation: 10687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
It works because this world is passing away / temporal.
That makes no sense to me. I believe that "righteousness" has no meaning if there is nothing to which it can be compared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Reputation: 16597
Jerwade, Thank you, my dear, it is amazing....people would rather fall back on words than an up-close and personal exp from a Divine source...Father, Jesus.., Mary believed Gabriel ...
nothing teaches like a personal experience.


Watch, there will be warnings ... 'could be demons'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 01:17 PM
 
20,341 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe that "righteousness" has no meaning if there is nothing to which it can be compared.
We can see things that are not right, but we don't have to experience them. I, personally, know that hurting others is wrong, and I have no desire to do that, if given a choice. Although, you are correct in the sense of comparing or contrasting that which we already know. Did we not already eat from the tree of knowledge - knowing right from wrong?

However, I do search my heart daily to see, if I am walking on the right path with a view of obtaining spiritual direction and understanding for knowledge by itself may not be adequate.

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-12-2018 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 01:56 PM
 
1,608 posts, read 688,759 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That makes no sense to me. I believe that "righteousness" has no meaning if there is nothing to which it can be compared.
I do appreciate contrast / comparison - my day job is engineering - but that's not how we move from glory to glory; comparing good with evil. Neither is it how we increase our faith (over our fear). Neither is it how we increase the ministry of life over that of death. We are not meant to dissect the lies, but to focus on the truth - the answer.

It's similar to the salvation narrative versus the I AM narrative. I am always trump's salvation because it is rooted in essence of being over works / doing. The truth is there is no opposites - it is what it is, variations in a scale of grey, until we see that which is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top