U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 07:48 AM

2,310 posts, read 627,255 times

Advertisements

People are all over the place with the law.....most have been told if you just tried harder you could keep it. The big lie. Jesus knew we would never keep it and it wasn't given for that reason. The law was given to show all of us the sin in our lives and how much we need a Savior of grace and mercy. He could have wiped out Adam and Eve with the flick of His finger in the Garden but didn't, that wasn't the plan. The plan kept hidden in the mind of God was to bring grace to the world, when the law would only apply to the lost and lawless, not the believers.......grace was brought in through Paul after the sins of the world were taken away at the cross and the Jews had made their final rejection at the stoning of Stephen. Jesus then turned to the Gentiles through Paul and the message of grace.

The world casually mixes law and grace, and the polar opposites can't be mixed.......none except Jesus could keep the law, ALL are invited to accept the free gift of grace.....but of course most will ignore or reject it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 07:57 AM

2,310 posts, read 627,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
Right... What about the rest of the law He gave Moses?
Were you there during the earthly ministry? What criticisms would you have of Jesus?

Old 12-24-2018, 08:18 AM

322 posts, read 42,287 times
I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not criticizing Jesus when I say He broke the law of Moses. And I'm sure that you read my earlier post where I said that God always was and always will be Jesus.

It's interesting to me that you think I'm criticizing Jesus. This is a typical argument that people make when they don't want to engage in honest debate. It's the "that person isn't really a Christian" or "that person is less of a Christian than I am" garbage that allows you put down other's perspectives and ignore them. It's a cop-out, really.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:07 AM

32,234 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Love is not always warm and fuzzy....love hates the sin hurting His people......
Yes it is, explain love that isn't. Love does not hate sin, it forgives it. Where are they that condemn you ? , neither do I...... the no condemnation has set you free to go sin no more.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:54 PM

27,989 posts, read 15,066,269 times
Quote:
And the ones who are grafted in?

You are playing a game of poker with people who are using a different deck of cards.

Perhaps you should start another thread regarding the validity of the New Testament as the word of God. I think it would bear significantly more fruit than your efforts here. It's obviously what you really want to discuss.
Isaiah 56....

Old 12-24-2018, 12:55 PM

27,989 posts, read 15,066,269 times
Quote:
Right... What about the rest of the law He gave Moses?
The Ten are like headings and rest are categories...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity