U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 11:27 AM

2,304 posts, read 624,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What can then and how?.

FAITH in CHRIST ALONE through GRACE alone......a free gift given by Jesus......people with their pride have real trouble accepting a free gift.......but it eliminates all boasting and acknowledges who really is perfect and holy........that's JESUS...........

Believe the gospel of grace and spend eternity with the God of the universe.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
New American Standard Bible 1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

You seem to like to quote the false prophet Paul, whose message is that good is evil and evil is good, and that you "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4), but be changed from corruptible to incorruptible in a twinkling of an eye. Kind of reminds me of the big lie of the devil. But the false prophet is not the devil, but simply a son of the devil (1 John 3:8).

Maybe you like what Peter said about Paul........Paul had many MYSTERIES (secrets) revealed to him by Jesus......so these were new things not known by ANYONE even the disciples......hence many derided Paul in error............take it to the bank what Paul wrote is SCRIPTURE

Here's what Peter said......

2Pe 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
2Pe 3:16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

BELOVED BROTHER PAUL........and you are one of those twisting scripture friend......time to wake up

Old 11-09-2018, 11:33 AM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
FAITH in CHRIST ALONE through GRACE alone......a free gift given by Jesus......people with their pride have real trouble accepting a free gift.......but it eliminates all boasting and acknowledges who really is perfect and holy........that's JESUS...........

Believe the gospel of grace and spend eternity with the God of the universe.........
So are you now holy?.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5)
See what I posted to 2ndpillar........

Old 11-09-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
JESUS FULFILLED THE LAW, thereby REPLACING the law..

The law will always apply to the lost and lawless.........

Those who believe have been baptized into Christ and His death and resurrection.......we are filled with the Holy Spirit and are alive forever so the law has no effect on us......sin has been removed from the believers account even though we all still sin to some extent.........when believers receive the glorified body we will keep the law automatically, our fleshly body of sin gone forever............

Old 11-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Thatís not Jesus thatís paul...
Act 9:13 But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
Act 9:14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name."
Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."

Old 11-09-2018, 12:21 PM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

Would it be too much to ask how this set in stone fact works in your life. You see i not only believe that Christ was and is right about his concept of God, i believe he is right about me too.

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It really doesn't say that.

It says the Son of man filled the law.

The prophets brought the law of God to man. They filled it, not fulfilled it. They brought it into effect from God.

Jesus did not replace it. He upheld the law and the prophets.

"In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets."

In other words, speak the word of God to others. That is how to abide in His word.

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously and let honesty and peace be at your gates."

2Co_5:18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co_5:20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus came right out and said flat out that whoever wont keep the laws to then teach others not to keep the laws will be the least in the kingdom of heaven.

Frankly, this is not a good goal, and yet, I see see so many Christians speaking in total disrepect for the law as if they wanted to be the greatest IN THE LEAST KINGDOM.

The least in the kinbdom is the outer court of Gentiles called the luter court of darkness, and although these people have salvation, they are no doubt the least in the kingdom because the kingdom is about being adopted and grafted into Israel, while the great majority refuse to be adopted or grafted, they choose to remain Gentile, and as such, their lot is amongst the sinners in the outer court of Gentiles, who would set their goal to become the least?

The laws job was to increase sin and condemn.....that's it......if it could save you Jesus would have left it in place.......and saved a trip to the cross

Jesus was born under the law of ISRAEL and taught under the law of ISRAEL.....and HE was the author of the law of ISRAEL.......and HE spoke about to the Jews of His earthly ministry........we GENTILES were not there for that. After the cross Jesus personally gave Paul the message of grace for the Gentiles and the Jews, but it hasn't sunk in yet..............

Old 11-09-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So are you now holy?.

All Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and now have a FLESHLY sin nature remaining and a Holy Spirit of God within us...........the Holy Spirit is holy not me, I just received Him as a free gift........

All Christians wrestle with this dual nature........Paul did in Romans 7.......when this fleshly body passes away we will be glorified with a new body........life will be easier and eternal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity