Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 08:42 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Fundie is just short for fundamentalist, which is a legit term for the subset of Christianity that holds to Biblical literalism and expects others to follow suit. Fundamentalist is a loooong word to type repeatedly.

And that thread is not about "a certain way of life". It is about a certain type of human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 08:44 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A fundamentalist is nothing more than Westboro Baptist Church or those who hold to similar beliefs of damnation.
A fundamentalist is one who takes the core concepts of the Bible literally. Most don't care whether others believe it or not unless asked.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
A fundamentalist is one who takes the core concepts of the Bible literally.
An underworld of pain and suffering is not a literal place, neither is that of eternal damnation.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An underworld of pain and suffering is not a literal place, neither is that of eternal damnation.
We'll have to take your word for it.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If you follow the bible, you are labeled a Fundie, Fundamentalist, Uppity Christian, etc.

If you dont take the bible seriously and try to live on both sides of the fence, then you are called a Hypocrite SMH.

These are just examples Ive seen with at work, in my life and other believers life:
If you stay away from drama at the office, they look at you like you think you are better than them, but if they try you an you tell them off, the 1st response is, see thats why I dont go to church now, because Christians are hypocrites, when that Christian puts them in their place after a while. Yet those same people will go to the mall, store, their job and everywhere else that has hypocrites on a daily basis.

If you dont drink, then someone will make it their mission to get you drunk and call you sheltered because you dont drink and once they do, Christians shouldnt be drinking.

Waiting for marriage until you have sex, will have you called every name in the book almost to the point if they question your sexuality.

There is a 3300+ thread currently going to try to convince Christians about a certain way of life is normal according to the bible and then usual calling people fundies when they hold to their biblical beliefs.

In modern Christianity, you just can seem to win SMH
we understand what you're saying. true, because Christianty is a lifestyle and not a religion, read that again. you the individual are being read by the world, believe me I know, in your deeds and action.

my only advice is to live for Christ, and that's to KNOW HIM. and to know him is to LEARN of him, which means one have to read the bible concering him with him, meaning with the Holy Ghost

he will teach you all things, and give you what to say when needed. to witness to the world, one need to,

#1 . advoid criticizing Christians.

#2. Spend more time with the Lord

#3. ask him in faith, (Just be serious), for wisdom. he will give it.

#4. be patience

Old 11-09-2018, 07:32 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,827 times
Quote:
If you follow the bible, you are labeled a Fundie, Fundamentalist, Uppity Christian, etc.

If you dont take the bible seriously and try to live on both sides of the fence, then you are called a Hypocrite SMH.

These are just examples Ive seen with at work, in my life and other believers life:
If you stay away from drama at the office, they look at you like you think you are better than them, but if they try you an you tell them off, the 1st response is, see thats why I dont go to church now, because Christians are hypocrites, when that Christian puts them in their place after a while. Yet those same people will go to the mall, store, their job and everywhere else that has hypocrites on a daily basis.

If you dont drink, then someone will make it their mission to get you drunk and call you sheltered because you dont drink and once they do, Christians shouldnt be drinking.

Waiting for marriage until you have sex, will have you called every name in the book almost to the point if they question your sexuality.

There is a 3300+ thread currently going to try to convince Christians about a certain way of life is normal according to the bible and then usual calling people fundies when they hold to their biblical beliefs.

It is frustrating at times as evil seems to be winning. These mockers will behave and live unnaturally, sometimes acting in a violent manner. They will shout you down, restrict your freedom to speak,and even have you arrested. Yet they are others whose motives are much more insidious. They use religious words like God, Spirit, love, prayer, Jesus to ensnare and trap future like minded. Yet, they are not God followers but actually are against Him. They made up gods to suit their own standards and desires.

God is working. He is creating the division between the living, Elect, and the walking dead. You are witnessing the end as the Lord is setting up and moving the last pieces in place.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:40 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
It is frustrating at times as evil seems to be winning. These mockers will behave and live unnaturally, sometimes acting in a violent manner. They will shout you down, restrict your freedom to speak,and even have you arrested. Yet they are others whose motives are much more insidious. They use religious words like God, Spirit, love, prayer, Jesus to ensnare and trap future like minded.

God is working. He is creating the division between the living, Elect, and the walking dead. You are witnessing the end as the Lord is setting up and moving the last pieces in place.
Every one of your posts can be distilled down to: I am RIGHT. You are WRONG. I know MORE than YOU. I am ELECT!!!! SPECIAL!!! BETTER!!!

One of the best sermons I ever heard was also a short one. "You want to be like Jesus? Can you walk on water? Can you change water into wine? Can you make the blind see, or the lame walk? No. The only way you can be like Jesus is to humble yourself."

I fear you will be sadly disappointed when you leave this realm and your overblown expectations of being carried into Heaven on the shoulders of angels to a cheering crowd don't quite pan out.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:58 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times
Quote:

We win but it's later......about one second after the rapture.....in this life we suffer the same misery as others with the proviso we go through it WITH Christ and maybe even with a guardian angel for each of us......but it's a delayed gratification we look forward to with some good days down here when we allow Christ to shine through our life............

Old 11-09-2018, 01:10 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:

It's your choice to be a Christian. If you don't enjoy the consequences, that's kinda your problem.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
It's your choice to be a Christian. If you don't enjoy the consequences, that's kinda your problem.
"It's your choice to identify as Christian. If you don't enjoy the consequences, that's kinda your problem".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity