Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 07:09 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This life is temporary, and some people experience calamity.
Calamity now or then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 08:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yeah, I've had that dream.
Being in black nothingness with no body, just a mind, alone with my thoughts in the black nothingness for eternity.
It was a long time ago.
Sometimes dreams like that can be your mind's way of pushing you away from a cliff. We are created with a strong drive for self-preservation. The mind is very powerful. Moreso than people realize.
Mind-Body-Spirit work together.
I loved that you shared that sparrow, thank you.

Remembering the dream more....Mine was a dream of being abandoned, left with no chance of God's Presence....
what a feeling of dread, my God...such emptiness and loss...with no end in sight. (Oh my.)

(I was a devout Catholic at the time, btw. Oh, how kids eat up Catholic images, the
red and gold satin robes, frankincense, sopranos at High Mass, tales of floating angelic saints...
I still love all the pomp.)

Between you and me, hahaha...just to say....I have been in that Void that Eastern
Scriptures speak of (not in a dream)...a vacuum, absolute black pure 'nothingness'.....BUT....
there was Pure Awareness....
and I became aware that one Pure Awareness was ME!

Ha. No fear. But, after that, I certainly understood why there is a Creation of any kind...what
a place of utter Alone-ness....forever.

I understood why a singular 'Mind as this' would create 'something else', being the Only One....alone.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-14-2018 at 08:31 AM..

Old 11-14-2018, 09:52 AM

I also had a vivid dream not long ago, 2003?...I died in a massive car pile up...point is...
I talked with my spirit guide...we all have one...
pretty much a no- nonsense -shot- from the- hip woman...as I was going to be being sent back,
I was given advice to invest in. 2 things..
I had no money so didn't, told friends that also did not....I would be very happy now if I had!!!
Thought that was very funny.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:00 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I also had a vivid dream not long ago, 2003?...I died in a massive car pile up...point is...
I talked with my spirit guide...we all have one...
pretty much a no- nonsense -shot- from the- hip woman...as I was going to be being sent back,
I was given advice to invest in. 2 things..
I had no money so didn't, told friends that also did not....I would be very happy now if I had!!!
Thought that was very funny.
Bummer. I was hoping the spirit world wasn't concerned with capitalism...so the rat race continues on?

Old 11-14-2018, 10:35 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
Interesting....as a child (9-12?) I had a dream I died....BUT, without being in God's grace, for some reason....God was completely absent....
NOwhere....it was cold and dark ...and terrible, barren....I woke up in a sweat and terrified.
God was nowhere. I rem it as if it were last night.

Not all of these are like the Wizard of Oz beautiful......my sister worked for the Palm Springs School District back in the 70's and was talking about some eternal things with another gal. She related how she had a NDE and she went into a black horrendous place with swirling SNAKES (like a tornado) and she went nutz in fear. She came out of it and went down to the first church she could find and accepted the Lord the next day.........that would get your attention.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Not all of these are like the Wizard of Oz beautiful......my sister worked for the Palm Springs School District back in the 70's and was talking about some eternal things with another gal. She related how she had a NDE and she went into a black horrendous place with swirling SNAKES (like a tornado) and she went nutz in fear. She came out of it and went down to the first church she could find and accepted the Lord the next day.........that would get your attention.
Yes, that's why I didn't want to elaborate.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Bummer. I was hoping the spirit world wasn't concerned with capitalism...so the rat race continues on?
I saw it as they liked me...and were giving a wink and a tip. They remember how hard it is here.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Wow....yes I would have run to the nearest church probably, also!!!!

Old 11-14-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I saw it as they liked me...and were giving a wink and a tip. They remember how hard it is here.
A "celestial" sweetheart deal... Neato.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This life is temporary, and some people experience calamity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Calamity now or then?
In this life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity