U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2018, 11:51 AM
 
10,755 posts, read 2,755,601 times
Reputation: 7244

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yeah, I've had that dream.
Being in black nothingness with no body, just a mind, alone with my thoughts in the black nothingness for eternity.

It was a long time ago.
Sometimes dreams like that can be your mind's way of pushing you away from a cliff. We are created with a strong drive for self-preservation. The mind is very powerful. Moreso than people realize.
Mind-Body-Spirit work together.
THAT is referred to as 'the void'.


There are quite a few NDEs where people experience this! It is EXTREMELY frightening, The people who have went thru this, say very quickly you start to wonder if your whole life was just a mental fabrication while in this void...I think I would go into panic within 5 minutes, but absolutely nothing you could do about it.


Hell COULD be, literally anything...if you can imagine a 'worst case' scenario, its entirely possible that is what hell will be like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2018, 01:40 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,753,015 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A Near death experience does not mean you died.
But I have known some that died, and came back to life.

Although, they did not have a story other than that.
And I should know, because I was one of them.
"died" has various definitions. From some-minutes into Cardiac Arrest or well into Brain-death. Not really much of a comeback from brain death. Although one can come back and regain some functionality/personality from a 2+ hour stroke (partial brain death), but that usually takes months/years and most are never really the same again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 01:42 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,753,015 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Interesting....as a child (9-12?) I had a dream I died....BUT, without being in God's grace, for some reason....God was completely absent....
NOwhere....it was cold and dark ...and terrible, barren....I woke up in a sweat and terrified.
God was nowhere. I rem it as if it were last night.
I had a dream where God was nowhere, it was beautifully warm and full of colors. It could be because I've read a lot of Buddhist literature. I guess different indoctrinations and exposures would inspire the subconscious into different experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,521 posts, read 12,198,729 times
Reputation: 16679
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
... I guess different indoctrinations and exposures would inspire
the subconscious into different experiences.
That's what I believe..I was a Catholic little kid!

Re the Void..not when you're dreaming...but meditating...might be scary to someone that had
no trust or connection to what they considered to be their Creator or Higher Self...
it's just a solitary place beyond space and time...nothing to be scared of guys.
It's what was before...before Creation....the Night of Brahman.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-15-2018 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: fixing those darn spaces from Firefox, geeze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 10:06 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,753,015 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That's what I believe..I was a Catholic little kid!

Re the Void..not when you're dreaming...but meditating...might be scary to someone that had
no trust or connection to what they considered to be their Creator or Higher Self...
it's just a solitary place beyond space and time...nothing to be scared of guys.
It's what was before...before Creation....the Night of Brahman.
The Greco-Roman ancestors believed (at some points and in some numbers) that the Void was the Ultimate Cause. They thought Zeus (an accusatory form of the word Theos) wouldn't make/create enemies for himself. But the Void had no such virtue, and no logic to grasp upon.

I did have an awkward experience meditating where I felt "out-of-body." It wasn't as much scary as unexpected and mysteriously curious. At the time, the only trust and connection I had garnered/developed with the idea of a Deist or Theist creator was that it definitely (if existing) would be to ultimate object of blame and thank and probably required convincing for it to reach enlightenment into better action, especially if it was as Deluded and Destructive as the Buddhists I read about proposed. With the idea of the New-Age/Hindu Higher Self, at the time (not from lack of Fundamentalist Protestant indoctrination), I thought it was too egotistical, airy, and purely psychological.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2018, 10:14 PM
 
5,807 posts, read 4,797,223 times
Reputation: 4304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
THAT is referred to as 'the void'.


There are quite a few NDEs where people experience this! It is EXTREMELY frightening, The people who have went thru this, say very quickly you start to wonder if your whole life was just a mental fabrication while in this void...I think I would go into panic within 5 minutes, but absolutely nothing you could do about it.


Hell COULD be, literally anything...if you can imagine a 'worst case' scenario, its entirely possible that is what hell will be like.


Eh. I don't believe in hell.
If hell were true (infinite suffering for finite crimes) then God would be the most sadistic freak ever imagined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2018, 01:36 AM
 
40,187 posts, read 26,814,572 times
Reputation: 6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Eh. I don't believe in hell.
If hell were true (infinite suffering for finite crimes) then God would be the most sadistic freak ever imagined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2018, 02:04 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,601,998 times
Reputation: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Eh. I don't believe in hell.
If hell were true (infinite suffering for finite crimes) then God would be the most sadistic freak ever imagined.
Out of sight, out of mind...wished away into the cornfields.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2018, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,521 posts, read 12,198,729 times
Reputation: 16679
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
The Greco-Roman ancestors believed (at some points and in some numbers) that the Void was the Ultimate Cause. They thought Zeus (an accusatory form of the word Theos) wouldn't make/create enemies for himself. But the Void had no such virtue, and no logic to grasp upon.

I did have an awkward experience meditating where I felt "out-of-body." It wasn't as much scary as unexpected and mysteriously curious. At the time, the only trust and connection I had garnered/developed with the idea of a Deist or Theist creator was that it definitely (if existing) would be to ultimate object of blame and thank and probably required convincing for it to reach enlightenment into better action, especially if it was as Deluded and Destructive as the Buddhists I read about proposed. With the idea of the New-Age/Hindu Higher Self, at the time (not from lack of Fundamentalist Protestant indoctrination), I thought it was too egotistical, airy, and purely psychological.
Ah, you meditate. If I may be so bold, with respect.
Forget all the Buddhist or Hindu or Christian ideas others have written about, if you can.
Aim, if that is the right word!...for a direct experience of this 'thing'...God, Source, Superior Spirit,
Creator, Presence...my favorite...the 'All That Is'...any logic, any concept of 'too egotistical' will drop away like a leaf in the Fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2018, 07:07 AM
 
10,755 posts, read 2,755,601 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Eh. I don't believe in hell.
If hell were true (infinite suffering for finite crimes) then God would be the most sadistic freak ever imagined.
He would be sadistic...in OUR VIEW.


Gods ways are NOT our ways...maybe he is like this....what could we do about it though...a big fat nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top