Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 12:16 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
He would be sadistic...in OUR VIEW.

Gods ways are NOT our ways...maybe he is like this....what could we do about it though...a big fat nothing.
Try to put it out of our minds and demonize anyone that refers to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 12:01 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ah, you meditate. If I may be so bold, with respect.
Forget all the Buddhist or Hindu or Christian ideas others have written about, if you can.
Aim, if that is the right word!...for a direct experience of this 'thing'...God, Source, Superior Spirit,
Creator, Presence...my favorite...the 'All That Is'...any logic, any concept of 'too egotistical' will drop away like a leaf in the Fall.

Yoga is about meditating on God/Vishnu while stretching. But sure, to force myself to ignorance would be an easy feat, but not one that I currently desire or am curious about. Even to deny logic might be desired bliss, I have an imagination, it wouldn't be hard.

The leaf burns up in the fire, but where did it go? Into nothing? It was neither created nor destroyed, it merely changed from one form to another. All of these concepts are anatta, i.e. interdependent, not stand-alone. There is no God without the unGod. There is no source without the sourced. There is no Superior Spirit without inferior spirits, no creator without not creating, no presence without absence. The infinite but singular all is always seen as nothing because there would be nothing to compare it to.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:48 AM

1,279 posts, read 852,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have never posted an NDE here...I know not even Christians believe in them or past lives and lots of things.
This one was riveting for me.
I dunno why this happens to some people...I just figure
they ♫ 'must have done something good'.♫ *shrug*
I would seem this not believing in Jesus...doesn't send you to hell exactly. ...but one moment of
prayer can change everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59mRZ1Vj8ZU
Thanks. I'm Christian and I accept NDEs. They've been helpful in growing my faith. One of my close family members, who was also Christian, had one.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
If hell were true (infinite suffering for finite crimes) then God would be the most sadistic freak ever imagined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Gods ways are NOT our ways...maybe he is like this....what could we do about it though...a big fat nothing.
If, you believe that love harms others, than it is YOUR WAY (thought, deeds and actions) that are not his way.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:50 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If, you believe that love harms others, than it is YOUR WAY (thought, deeds and actions) that are not his way.
Love does harm others, it's called jealousy and wrath. Both negative qualities of which are attested in the "not a letter of the law and prophecies shall be removed" part.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Love does harm others, it's called jealousy and wrath.
Both negative qualities of which are attested in the "not a letter of the law and prophecies shall be removed" part.
Well, I would say...."Wrong."...it's not love that harms...it's the ego....the birth place of jealousy, anger, impatience and hate....love is pure in it's essence.
Now this is something that can't be intellectualized or a philosophy made up about...it is
an experience that you simply "get".

Heart is heart...ego is ego.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Love does harm others, it's called jealousy and wrath. Both negative qualities of which are attested in the "not a letter of the law and prophecies shall be removed" part.
True love is not jealous or wrathful, what you are referencing is a construct of men.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:24 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
True love is not jealous or wrathful, what you are referencing is a construct of men.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:25 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
If, you believe that love harms others than it is YOUR WAY (thought, deeds, and actions) that are not his way.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:49 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
how would you weaponize love? And the person never even realize they have been turned in a weapon?

the devil isn't stupid. If one believes in that kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity