Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 11:06 AM

1,279 posts, read 852,761 times

Advertisements

From the news today:

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...e-brain-tumor/

Reputable doctors have no idea why this person's brain tumor vanished.

The person says that God did it.

I see no reason to cast doubt on his explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 11:21 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Yay!

Old 11-10-2018, 11:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Often times, things heal or correct themselves without intervention. And I am not saying there has to be a specific or particular reason. Although, the human body, mind, and soul can be amazing. And, if someone claims it was a miracle from God, then there faith may have something to do with it. However, I do not buy into the notion of: "If you only had more faith?"

"Wood’s primary physician sent him to a neurosurgeon at U. C. San Francisco who thought he had a brain bleed, although radiologists saw signs of a tumor."

I have seen more than one physician and/or radiologist make errors with what they thought.
But it is what the patient believes that is the important aspect of any healing.

What bothers me the most is children with a terminal illness, disease or condition which continues to worsen, despite every attempt by the medical community to help; and the lack of God intervening for the child's well-being.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:59 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

"Wood’s primary physician sent him to a neurosurgeon at U. C. San Francisco who thought he had a brain bleed, although radiologists saw signs of a tumor."

I have seen more than one physician and/or radiologist make errors with what they thought.
But it is what the patient believes that is the important aspect of any healing.

What bothers me the most is children with a terminal illness, disease or condition which continues to worsen, despite every attempt by the medical community to help; and the lack of God intervening for the child's well-being.
I watched a young woman (18 yrs) dying of cancer only a few years after her father had died of cancer which I also watched.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:04 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Often times, things heal or correct themselves without intervention. And I am not saying there has to be a specific or particular reason. Although, the human body, mind, and soul can be amazing. And, if someone claims it was a miracle from God, then there faith may have something to do with it. However, I do not buy into the notion of: "If you only had more faith?"

As I recall, Jesus was not reported to say that God made someone well, but rather their faith did. Perhaps he was a proponent and/or observer of the power of positive thinking.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:26 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
As I recall, Jesus was not reported to say that God made someone well, but rather their faith did. Perhaps he was a proponent and/or observer of the power of positive thinking.
Dear Pleroo: The Lord declares as a man thinks in his own heart so is he. One can call it faith, or whistling by the graveyard, or perhaps the power of positive thinking. There are, however, episodes in every life when hope seems hopeless with the emphasis upon "seems".

Old 11-10-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I agree that our state of mind has much to do with it.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I watched a young woman (18 yrs) dying of cancer only a few years after her father had died of cancer which I also watched.
I watched both of my parents die from cancer. My father (46) and I were having a conversation while we were sitting on the edge of his hospital bed. During our conversation he said, "It's time to go." He laid down and took his last breath. As for my mother (65), she dwindled down to 68 pounds, and was unable to talk. But she did smile and followed my voice with her eyes.

Both of them had wonderful spirits.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:41 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Pleroo: The Lord declares as a man thinks in his own heart so is he. One can call it faith, or whistling by the graveyard, or perhaps the power of positive thinking. There are, however, episodes in every life when hope seems hopeless with the emphasis upon "seems".
True.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:30 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:

This is great.

One is healed - it is not God... it corrected itself.

One is not healed - blame God for not intervening.

Talk about your no-win situation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity