Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 06:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,195,765 times

Advertisements

You know they are all a derivative of the unspeakable, unpronouncable Holy Name of God, right?
Imitations of the actual Sound...many more names or sounds are imitated in the East,
very similar to the above, because we could never use our mouths and vocal chords to say It.....right? Cuz it was before we existed....our tongues and mouths...and after we are gone It still will be... do they teach this in Christian Sunday Schools?

I know I heard Joyce Meyer and Dr. Myles Munroe speak of this understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 06:27 PM

18,768 posts, read 27,196,342 times
Not sure why you limit this to Judaic tradition only...No other gods? Before YHWH? That god is not one and only, even Torah speaks of many and Bible speaks of YHWH to be present "in the court of gods".... Just a lesser deity that had its dedicated playground....

Btw, in same tradition, god's name, to be verbalized, requires both male and female voices as it is of both...

Old 11-03-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Not sure why you limit this to Judaic tradition only...No other gods? Before YHWH? That god is not one and only, even Torah speaks of many and Bible speaks of YHWH to be present "in the court of gods".... Just a lesser deity that had its dedicated playground....
Btw, in same tradition, god's name, to be verbalized, requires both male and female voices as it is of both...
Limited space...I said there were others from Eastern traditions.Plus, I'm basically talking to Christians in the 'Christian' Section....there is no Eastern Section.
I'm not going to bring up Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva here! Nor what Sat Nam means...you want to, be my guest.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:38 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,221,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You know they are all a derivative of the unspeakable, unpronouncable Holy Name of God, right?
Imitations of the actual Sound...many more names or sounds are imitated in the East,
very similar to the above, because we could never use our mouths and vocal chords to say It.....right? Cuz it was before we existed....our tongues and mouths...and after we are gone It still will be... do they teach this in Christian Sunday Schools?

I know I heard Joyce Meyer and Dr. Myles Munroe speak of this understanding.
Thanks Miss H, I was going to post the same but I search the fourm and coudn't find it. it said there was a post already,. oh well.

We must say Jehovah is not God PERSONAL Name, it's a false name.

the Name Jesus is a transliteration, "NOT" a translation of Yeshua.

now as for me, and I can only speak for me, I never used the word Jehovah nor heard of it only by the group who worship in that name. but in the church I grew up in this word Jehovah was never used, expecially as God Name. but Jesus was.

now as for the none existance "J" in Jesus for the Hebrew, none sense. scripture, Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself..

well Jesus was a Jew, and at that time of the writting NO MAN, including Jews knew the Name to Come. and when the English came, bingo the "J" in Jesus.

now as for HaShem, is generally a substituted for Adonai. and Adonai is a title and not a Personal name.

I'll reply later on the falshood of the name Jehovah

PICYJAG.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I'll reply later on the falsehood of the name Jehovah

PICYJAG.
Oh boy, can't wait....rem Mensaguy said no more "signature"...u prob didn't see it.
His call....sorry.

Jehovah is an innocent imitation of God's Holy Name...the one Jesus said was 'hallowed....my understanding. Well, same with Hashem which is actually way closer to the actual sound.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:57 PM

This word Jehovah which was falsey derived from the tetragrammaton is clearly seen.

the word Jehovah, English or Yahweh, in Hebrew was made in this fashion.

The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name.

here is the mistake. they, (the translator), added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name, because they knew that YHWH is a verb, and not a noun.

mistake #1. verbs are not PERSONAL NAMES. STOP, don't need to go any futher. read that again. and because the suppose name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, hog wash, it just wan't given at that time.

mistake #2. these translator, they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck.

arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH".

next we'll look at the name "I AM THAT I AM".

PICYJAG.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Oh boy, can't wait....rem Mensaguy said no more "signature"...u prob didn't see it.
His call....sorry.

Jehovah is an innocent imitation of God's Holy Name...the one Jesus said was 'hallowed....my understanding. Well, same with Hashem which is actually way closer to the actual sound.
didn't see it

Old 11-03-2018, 07:23 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,000,474 times
"A rose, by any other name..."

No. It makes no difference to me except that the usage gives me information about the user's (probable) religion.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:36 PM

32,529 posts, read 21,830,828 times
Quote:
His call....sorry.

HaShem simply means The Name And isn’t close to the unspeakable Name of G-d...

Old 11-03-2018, 07:43 PM

998 posts, read 431,214 times
There is one and only true God and numerous false gods. If you were to believe in a god, be sure that He is the true God. How do we know the true God? Not only is He omnipotent and omnipresent, He is also omniscient. He knows everything. He knows what had happened and what will happen.

Jesus was the name the Archangel Gabriel given to Mary (Matthew 1:31): "And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity