U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-04-2018, 05:02 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,338 posts, read 2,120,972 times
Reputation: 2168

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTc3PsW5ghQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2018, 11:36 PM
 
9 posts, read 1,618 times
Reputation: 30
I just saw they updated the guidelines for this specific forum about this issue.
I was reading this thread because I am also genuinely interested in this topic and donít have a 100% concrete stance. Which I am okay with. I like listening to different perspectives.
I didnít contribute anything because as of now I donít think I have anything valuable to contribute. I just think itís a shame that I have to wade through all of those posts to actually get to a discussion.
I have no problem with people arguing against a specific explanation or theory, or even arguing against the Bible, but in the appropriate context. Again, a metaphor, if someone posted a thread about the best hamburger restaurant, I as a vegetarian, will not go into that forum saying meat is evil. But if someone posted asking whether or not meat is good for us I would think itís appropriate.
And it seems thatís what the community guidelines also believe.
I moved abroad a few years ago and donít hang out with a lot of foreigners. Because of that I donít have as many opportunities for deep intellectual discussions. But a few of you pop up and frustrate those efforts in pretty much every thread I click on.
Which is your right freedom of speech, blah, blah. And I have a right to be annoyed by it.
Again, I donít feel I have any new perspectives to contribute to this topic but I want to learn more biblical Christian perspectives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 05:10 AM
 
5,140 posts, read 2,530,774 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
We are at the toes and the world shows it. This shows man's rule is a failure since it follows the rule of Satan which has no morality at all.
KJV Daniel 2:42 And as the' toes' of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. 44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Man's rule is about over and the evidence that God's rule is what will come shortly and Satan's end is there for all to see.
To me, we are more likely to be, Not at the time of the toes, but more likely being at the time of the toe nails !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 10:26 AM
 
10,569 posts, read 2,702,109 times
Reputation: 7174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
To me, we are more likely to be, Not at the time of the toes, but more likely being at the time of the toe nails !
So, when the end comes...a MAJORITY of people that were created, will have willingly chose the enemy over God...??


Basically, hell will prevail.


I cannot see any other explanation...if a creator makes 100K people(creations) and 95 WILLINGLY choose to reject their creator and instead worship and follow the enemy/adversary...that is a complete failure of the creator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 11:16 AM
 
21,839 posts, read 16,687,197 times
Reputation: 8661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So, when the end comes...a MAJORITY of people that were created, will have willingly chose the enemy over God...??


Basically, hell will prevail.


I cannot see any other explanation...if a creator makes 100K people(creations) and 95 WILLINGLY choose to reject their creator and instead worship and follow the enemy/adversary...that is a complete failure of the creator.
I can see that I wasted my time explaining this to you in post #196. I'm done with this thread then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 12:02 PM
 
5,140 posts, read 2,530,774 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So, when the end comes...a MAJORITY of people that were created, will have willingly chose the enemy over God...??
Basically, hell will prevail.
I cannot see any other explanation...if a creator makes 100K people(creations) and 95 WILLINGLY choose to reject their creator and instead worship and follow the enemy/adversary...that is a complete failure of the creator.
To me 'quality is superior to quantity'. Jesus even forewarns us at Matthew 7:21-23 that MANY would come 'in his name' but prove false. This is Not talking about the MAJORITY of people who have ever lived, but referring to the coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Only the figurative haughty 'goats' are enemies of God.
The figurative humble 'sheep'-like people can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

To me, 'basically what will prevail is the resurrection' - Revelation 1:18.
Biblical hell comes to a final end according to Revelation 20:13-14.
Please notice that after everyone in biblical hell is 'delivered up' ( meaning resurrected out of hell/grave) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell.
Biblical hell is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.
That is why Jesus teaches ' sleep ' in death at John 11:11-14
Jesus learned the 'dead sleep' from the OT Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4 and Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Even King David still sleeps in death according to Acts 2:34.
What prevails then is coming 'everlasting life' starting with Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth.
Those who died before Jesus died (John 3:13) can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection to a life on a restored beautiful paradisical Earth as described at Revelation 22:2 when there will be ' healing ' prevailing for earth's nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 12:17 PM
 
5,140 posts, read 2,530,774 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
.............But God's plan is to eventually bring all nations back under his control and the cross was a necessary part in achieving this. And this is the context in which Jesus spoke of the gates of Hades not being able to prevail, or to withstand the church. Jesus was not referring to how many people would choose Satan over God, but was referring to taking the nations back under His control.
I like how you say 'referring to taking the nations back under his (Christ's) control' because as Revelation 22:2 says there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations (plural).
Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed, and ALL nations (plural) will be blessed according to Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18.
They will be blessed with the benefit of ' healing ' for earth's nations because mankind will see the return of the Genesis "Tree of Life" on Earth for the healing of earth's nations. All this under the regulation of Jesus as king and Prince of Peace.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come so the ' gates of hell '(hades/ grave) will No longer prevail because everyone in biblical hell (Rev. 20:13-14) will be ' delivered up' (resurrected) out of biblical hell before emptied-out hell/grave is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell/grave.
For under Christ even our last enemy ' death ' will be No more on Earth according to 1 Cor. 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 06:47 PM
 
17,555 posts, read 10,620,140 times
Reputation: 8459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
To me, we are more likely to be, Not at the time of the toes, but more likely being at the time of the toe nails !
Yes and it is about time for them to be trimmed by the rock heading this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 08:00 AM
 
1,078 posts, read 770,924 times
Reputation: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because what you call the devil is simply our unthinking and automatic reptilian brain that motivates all our behavior on the basis of avoidance of pain and pursuit of pleasure. Since it is part of our body, it will naturally be an adversary to our Spirit (Consciousness) which knows the difference between right and wrong, good and evil.
I believe this as well but am puzzled on how it would be possible then the reptilian brain is put on hold for a thousand years? How would this be allowed back if it's not a person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 08:46 AM
 
767 posts, read 429,644 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So, when the end comes...a MAJORITY of people that were created, will have willingly chose the enemy over God...?? Basically, hell will prevail. I cannot see any other explanation...if a creator makes 100K people(creations) and 95 WILLINGLY choose to reject their creator and instead worship and follow the enemy/adversary...that is a complete failure of the creator.
just because Jehovah God and Jesus created humans, didn't mean they wanted to control them. this is why humans and well as Angels were given free will. but they hoped that humans used it for the right reason ,(Gal. 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another). on the other hand satan does control and have controlled some humans, by blinding them from the truth ,(2Cor. 4:4). he had even some of the Angels believing that they didn't need to obey Jehovah God, the Grand creator. he gets many to follow him by putting in their hearts..."it's all about me." Jesus told us to deny ourselves and follow him, (Luke 9:23). many of us follow satan's lead instead of Jesus, even if some of us refuse to believe or are NOT humble enough to admit it. first Jesus said he and his followers are NOT part of satan's world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world).

and yes this is satan's world because Jehovah God allowed him to have it, since he messed it all up. we can see this because satan tried to temped Jesus by offering Jesus the kingdoms of the world if he do an act of worship to him ,(Matt. 4:8,9). satan makes his ways of the world seem more appealing to the imperfect flesh. more so than to those who at one time seen it that way. but later rejected them and turn to their spiritual side ,(1Cor. 6:9-11 Donít you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Donít fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality. or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God).

and NO, the Creator did NOT fail as some may see it. he's allowing satan to prove that he can turn ALL people away from him. just as satan tried with Jesus and faithful Job. just because he did, turn the first perfect couple away. also by him being a loving God, he allowing time for MANY to change from following satan, to following his Son, Jesus. Jehovah God's plan is to have what he first planned, which was a world of righteous humans ONLY who will soon live forever, (Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth). in which NO human would ever rule over another human ,(Dan.2:44). Jesus will be the ONLY world!... leader,(Rev. 19:16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." ). with other Heavenly being helping as kings and priest ,(Rev. 5:10 And has made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth). we all have time to change, if we want to. for those who choose not to, it's your world! peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top