U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2018, 09:49 AM

17,597 posts, read 10,672,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, he said that he was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, Israel being the northern Kingdom which was lost, dispersed throughout the nations by the Assyrians, Judah was never lost...Otherwise, how could G-d bring the two sticks together and make them one nation again or how could G-d make the New Covenant with the house of Judah and the house of Israel and writ His Torah on the hearts of the house of Israel?...
The house of Israel was all 12 tribes who were lost from god's favor as they followed man and Satan, which is why Jesus went to... Judea. The 12 tribes all had members there. They were not "lost" as in no one knew where they were.

If he went to "Lost" tribes the he would not have gone to Judea and have told the 2 tribes and the Levites that Their house was desolate.

The idea that Jesus did not go to them is an excuse to allow them to claim to still be God's people and they are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 10:09 AM

28,008 posts, read 15,092,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The SEED was Jesus, not all his offspring or it would include a lot of people besides Israel. Jesus was the promise. The word "seed" is in the singular and even the LXX translated it that way. Jesus established the "new" covenant with those who believed and followed him. Those who did not are abandoned.

Israel today does not have God's favor as the Nation is still abandon and the people reject God's son. Its religious leaders do not follow the Law they claim is from God to his people. They follow man and Satan.

Those who accept him are covered by the blessings of that Covenant Jesus established. Those who do not are .. abandoned and their "house" is desolate. This is due to the test between following God and Satan and ... those who do not believe and obey Jesus are .. abandoned to Satan's rule by ... their own choice.
Nope...Still you have it wrong...You are stating that G-d lied to Avraham when He told him it is an everlasting covenant with him and his offspring...

Old 12-27-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
The house of Israel was all 12 tribes who were lost from god's favor as they followed man and Satan, which is why Jesus went to... Judea. The 12 tribes all had members there. They were not "lost" as in no one knew where they were.

If he went to "Lost" tribes the he would not have gone to Judea and have told the 2 tribes and the Levites that Their house was desolate.

The idea that Jesus did not go to them is an excuse to allow them to claim to still be God's people and they are not.
Lol...Nope, still wrong...He told them to only go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel...

Mat 10:5 These twelve did Jesus send forth, having given command to them, saying, 'To the way of the nations go not away, and into a city of the Samaritans go not in,

Mat 10:6 and be going rather unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

It doesn’t say “the lost sheep of the house of Judah”...

Old 12-27-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:

We are still G-d’s Chosen People, like it or not...G-d Himself told Avraham that It is an everlasting covenant...

Old 12-27-2018, 10:26 AM

20,437 posts, read 9,856,466 times
Quote:
Good except for Satan asking for permission. He has already been given permission as we see in the case of Job.

He can do certain things and others are not available to him. He can under certain circumstances have believers killed, as happened in Rome in the 1st century, but he can't kill them all. Uniquely facing death is the easiest test which is why so few actually face that. Not living like the world, being involved in it and accepting it's standards cuts far more believers off from God, than the threat of death.

He directs the rulers of all nations, as all nations are in opposition to God and that is becoming ever plainer.
The book of Job dealt with a human adversary (saw-tawn), nothing supernatural about it.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The book of Job dealt with a human adversary (saw-tawn), nothing supernatural about it.
That Satan actually works for G-d, it is his job to test people, it was the Christians that altered his characteristics in order to have someone to blame for their short-comings...

Old 12-27-2018, 01:41 PM

4,252 posts, read 660,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
We are still G-d’s Chosen People, like it or not...G-d Himself told Avraham that It is an everlasting covenant...
The “Satan” that is ruling “the earth” is the “spirit” that Christianity has made for itself and follows after. I believe that the WORD came 2000 years ago (john prepared the way) and it was delivered by the spirit in metaphors, signs and wonders in the same way that the WORD came to the Jews by the prophets in metaphors signs and wonders. In both times the people of God corrupted the WORD. Making it about physical things, and instead of understanding what God was saying they incorporated their words with Gods WORD. But that was prophecied as the adversary is there to test his people to see whether they keep the 10 commandments or follow the traditions.

Jer 1:4 Then the Word of Jehovah was to me, saying,
Jer 1:5 I knew you before I formed you in the belly; and before you came out of the womb, I consecrated you. I appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Jer 1:10 Behold, I have today appointed you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to tear down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, the One raising Him from the dead,
Gal 1:2 and all the brothers with me, to the assemblies of Galatia.

Gal 1:15 But when God was pleased, He having separated me from my mother's belly, and having called me through His grace,
Gal 1:16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the nations, immediately I did not confer with flesh and blood,

Jer 1:14 And Jehovah said to me, Out of the north, evil will be set loose on all those living in the land.
Jer 1:15 For, behold, I will call all the families of the kingdoms of the north, declares Jehovah. And they shall come, and they will give to each his throne at the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem, and against its walls all around, and against the cities of Judah.

Jer 1:18 For, behold, today I have made you a fortified city, and an iron pillar, and bronze walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against her princes, against her priests, and to the people of the land.
Jer 1:19 And they shall fight against you; but they shall not overcome you. For I am with you to deliver you, declares Jehovah.

Jer 2:13 For My people have done two evils: they have forsaken Me, the Fountain of living waters, to hew out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.
Jer 2:14 Is Israel a servant? Or is he a servant of the house? Why has he become a prey?

There is a remnant that comes out of both The religion of Judah and the 10 tribed Christianity (of the north) which will be joined together who know their God and do not worship the beast.

I am seeing correlation between the writings of Paul and the writings of Jeremiah, it seems that what is written in Paul’s name is to fulfill Judas’ role of gathering the chief rulers, priests together and to me it seems that was Jeremiah’s mission

Where Christianity goes wrong I think is believing the scriptures are about individual salvation whereas the purpose of the scriptures are ONLY about the kingdom of God which is to bring about Gods righteous rulership over the earth

Paul’s writings are to the assemblies not to the individuals in those assemblies

Old 12-28-2018, 09:28 AM

874 posts, read 2,097,882 times
Well, I've gone through just about all these posts. This has got to be one of the screwiest threads on City-Data I've ever seen.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:32 PM

4,267 posts, read 1,635,228 times
The angel who fell to rebellion against the creator, raised issues in Eden against Gods will of how mortals should live. God created them to only know good, live forever, never sick, diseased,etc. Satan said its best for mortals to know both sides, then they could choose for themselves the path to lasting happiness. Along with that came death, sickness, hatred, etc, sins grew like dominoes falling. And here we are in the last days( 2Timothy 3)
God is allowing satans reasoning to be proven false, once and for all time. Gods kingdom will be a cure all. God is correct. Knowing bad, aging,sick, death--they suck.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:56 PM

17,597 posts, read 10,672,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The angel who fell to rebellion against the creator, raised issues in Eden against Gods will of how mortals should live. God created them to only know good, live forever, never sick, diseased,etc. Satan said its best for mortals to know both sides, then they could choose for themselves the path to lasting happiness. Along with that came death, sickness, hatred, etc, sins grew like dominoes falling. And here we are in the last days( 2Timothy 3)
God is allowing satans reasoning to be proven false, once and for all time. Gods kingdom will be a cure all. God is correct. Knowing bad, aging,sick, death--they suck.
More than ever before we can see what it means to know good and evil. Everything man makes he thinks is good also has evil with it.

God's direction only brought good to Adam and Eve. Man's choices when ignoring God's will always bring some good and some bad. Man can't ever get a way from that. Only when obeying God with no other opposition in existence will man ever experience true peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or