U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-31-2018, 06:00 PM
 
20,400 posts, read 9,828,032 times
Reputation: 1677

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The angel who fell to rebellion against the creator, raised issues in Eden against Gods will of how mortals should live. God created them to only know good, live forever, never sick, diseased,etc.

Satan said its best for mortals to know both sides, then they could choose for themselves the path to lasting happiness. Along with that came death, sickness, hatred, etc, sins grew like dominoes falling. And here we are in the last days (2Timothy 3)

God is allowing satans reasoning to be proven false, once and for all time. Gods kingdom will be a cure all. God is correct. Knowing bad, aging, sick, death--they suck.
Where does it say they were never sick, or that they were created only to know good and live forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2018, 08:07 PM
 
Location: US
27,968 posts, read 15,053,894 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The angel who fell to rebellion against the creator, raised issues in Eden against Gods will of how mortals should live. God created them to only know good, live forever, never sick, diseased,etc. Satan said its best for mortals to know both sides, then they could choose for themselves the path to lasting happiness. Along with that came death, sickness, hatred, etc, sins grew like dominoes falling. And here we are in the last days( 2Timothy 3)
God is allowing satans reasoning to be proven false, once and for all time. Gods kingdom will be a cure all. God is correct. Knowing bad, aging,sick, death--they suck.
Where do you find this at?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 01:53 AM
 
605 posts, read 188,862 times
Reputation: 638
God chose it to be so before the foundation of the world. He knew what would occur and chose it to be so

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS -Matthew 25:41

Ecclesiastes 3

3 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2 A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 01:57 AM
 
605 posts, read 188,862 times
Reputation: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This Christianityforum is not the usual Christian forum...it is about Christianity, not for Christians only,
so any one can join in. Good to be aware of.
He is likely aware, he said nothing different

He only said his thread was intended for Christians.

Also he never said- the entire forum was for Christians only.

Last edited by BumbleBeeHunter; 01-01-2019 at 02:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 08:56 AM
 
4,247 posts, read 1,626,768 times
Reputation: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where do you find this at?...


The bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 09:00 AM
 
4,247 posts, read 1,626,768 times
Reputation: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
More than ever before we can see what it means to know good and evil. Everything man makes he thinks is good also has evil with it.


God's direction only brought good to Adam and Eve. Man's choices when ignoring God's will always bring some good and some bad. Man can't ever get a way from that. Only when obeying God with no other opposition in existence will man ever experience true peace.


Yes, More than ever the only remaining hope for mankind is Gods kingdom. Otherwise man is destroying Gods earth and it is getting worse at an alarming rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 09:05 AM
 
4,247 posts, read 1,626,768 times
Reputation: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Where does it say they were never sick, or that they were created only to know good and live forever?


They knew no bad( like being sick, death, etc) until they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad. God also cut them off from the tree of life so they would not live forever. Havent you read the bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 09:20 AM
 
Location: US
27,968 posts, read 15,053,894 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The bible.
No you didn’t...You got it from a watch tower publication...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 10:08 AM
 
10,596 posts, read 2,705,869 times
Reputation: 7189
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
God chose it to be so before the foundation of the world. He knew what would occur and chose it to be so

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS -Matthew 25:41

Ecclesiastes 3

3 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2 A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
Why would God create a specific place for the devil and his angels and then send human souls there?


Humans and angels are two entirely different types of beings/creatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 11:11 AM
 
20,400 posts, read 9,828,032 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The angel who fell to rebellion against the creator, raised issues in Eden against Gods will of how mortals should live. God created them to only know good, live forever, never sick, diseased,etc.

Satan said its best for mortals to know both sides, then they could choose for themselves the path to lasting happiness. Along with that came death, sickness, hatred, etc, sins grew like dominoes falling. And here we are in the last days (2Timothy 3)

God is allowing satans reasoning to be proven false, once and for all time. Gods kingdom will be a cure all. God is correct. Knowing bad, aging,sick, death--they suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Where does it say they were never sick, or that they were created only to know good and live forever?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
They knew no bad (like being sick, death, etc) until they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad.
God also cut them off from the tree of life so they would not live forever. Haven't you read the bible?
I have memorized most of it throughout the years, and there is nothing about them never being sick or knowing only that which is good, nor anything about them living forever. And there is no such thing as a fallen angel called SATAN. God knew the desires of man, and gave them over to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top