Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2019, 07:21 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Read the Bible without a preconceived theology or opinion ...and you just might find it.
It would probably help - if you disregarded all the mythology that you have swallowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 07:23 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Read the Bible without a preconceived theology or opinion ...and you just might find it.
It would probably help - if you disregarded all the mythology that you have swallowed.
I have. I have no preconceived theology. I read to learn, not confirm.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:28 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
As usual, you are incapable of providing any proof for your opinions. Your statement above does absolutely nothing to disprove the existence of the angelic spirit beings of which the Bible speaks.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As usual, you are incapable of providing any proof for your opinions. Your statement above does absolutely nothing to disprove the existence of the angelic spirit beings of which the Bible speaks.
I do not belong to mainstream Christianity, so we will always disagree. And, it is highly doubtful that anyone would ever have an impact on what you have swallowed, hook, line and sinker. You will believe, what you believe; until you no longer believe it!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I have. I have no preconceived theology. I read to learn, not confirm.
And, do you see an underworld of pain and suffering or that of an eternal hellhole of torment?

Old 01-02-2019, 08:04 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,139 times
Quote:
And, do you see an underworld of pain and suffering or that of an eternal hellhole of torment?

Isn't that located in the basement of the Amazon distribution center? Apparently the "devil" will have to soon face the opposition of a union leader.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
The idea of a burning Hell is not Biblical, it is the result of the Greek Philosophic influence on beliefs from teachings like Plato's.

Anyone reading the Bible to see what it actuslly says instead of tr tying to prove a man made doctrine, can see that.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Isn't that located in the basement of the Amazon distribution center? Apparently the "devil" will have to soon face the opposition of a union leader.
Talk about evil.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
The idea of a burning Hell is not Biblical, it is the result of the Greek Philosophic influence on beliefs from teachings like Plato's. Anyone reading the Bible to see what it actually says instead of tying to prove a man made doctrine, can see that.
People should be able to see that which is contrived from mythologies. Especially, those belonging to a particular religious or cultural tradition. However, the Greeks expounded on them, making them more palatable. But why people are so gullible and have allowed their brains to be hijacked is beyond me.

Old 01-03-2019, 03:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
If you actually read the Bible, particularly the OT you would know it. It is all through it as God has spoken of what is yet to come after Satan is gone and disobedient humans are gone. You know like the wolf and the Lamb lying down together. He also stated that nothing he intends will not occur so he has told us he will reverse what Satan and Adam caused. Try actually reading the Bible.
This isn’t in my Jewish Bible...The only place that Satan in personified is in Job and he is portrayed as actually working for G-d, not against Him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity