Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 12:41 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,437,598 times

Advertisements

I hope I am allowed to start this thread, I saw the other one, that had been locked, but it looks like that was closed due to the VERY long copy/paste and the jewish references.

This is a thread subject that is really very interesting to me, and I think it should be a great discussion, so lets avoid super long copy/pasting, and lets keep it a christian viewpoint,(if other denominations would like to discuss the same thing on their forum, thats great, but this is a christian board).

OK...

In another thread that this came up, I likened it to this scenario...you are married and have a family, some other guy is jealous of what you have and attempts to take your spot, rebels against you, etc. so you overcome him and cast him out of your life...BUT then you ALLOW him to still have access to and be able to influence your wife and kids...???

What kind of sense is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 01:44 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,986,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I hope I am allowed to start this thread, I saw the other one, that had been locked, but it looks like that was closed due to the VERY long copy/paste and the jewish references.

This is a thread subject that is really very interesting to me, and I think it should be a great discussion, so lets avoid super long copy/pasting, and lets keep it a christian viewpoint,(if other denominations would like to discuss the same thing on their forum, thats great, but this is a christian board).

OK...

In another thread that this came up, I likened it to this scenario...you are married and have a family, some other guy is jealous of what you have and attempts to take your spot, rebels against you, etc. so you overcome him and cast him out of your life...BUT then you ALLOW him to still have access to and be able to influence your wife and kids...???

Freewill. How could you identify a + if there was no -.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:53 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,258,359 times
Quote:

OK...

God is answering Satan's challenge that man does not need to obey God and that God is a liar. He has allowed time for man to do everything he can think of to live without obeying God's direction and try every form of government. That takes time.

Oh he did throw him out but he still lives in the neighborhood. Influences everyone that has any contact with him.

God allows Satan to rule to allow man to see rule without God is a disaster.

Today we see man's rule is a failure and getting worse. Just watch politics in the USA or any other Country.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,214,293 times
This Christianity forum is not the usual Christian forum...it is about Christianity, not for Christians only,
so any one can join in. Good to be aware of.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:54 PM

9,668 posts, read 9,931,568 times
See God gave the whole earth to Adam , but Adam needed God to interact this authority , then Adam failed because of the devil and God gave the earth to the authority of the world that Adam lost to the devil ...........Then four thousand years later Jesus came through God to take back what was lost to the devil , and Jesus was killed by the works of the devil on the cross of Christ , so God gave the earth to Jesus Christ , and the devil became a defeated foe ............... The devil still rules in the earth by people who give the devil authority by sin , but Jesus and His followers now can rip the devil out of His place with ease and God through the identity of Jesus will remove the devil through prayers ................ The devil is a general term for millions of demon spirits , and fallen angels , and powers of darkness ..........God gives blessing to the followers of Jesus which God can remove devils out of the earth , but many Christians do fail to use these gifts of God , or lean to division which is the spiritual authority of the devil .......... But Jesus still rules the heavens and the earth

Old 11-15-2018, 05:06 PM

88,059 posts, read 83,912,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This Christianity forum is not the usual Christian forum...it is about Christianity, not for Christians only,
so any one can join in. Good to be aware of.
Thank you.

There's also the fact that not all Christians believe that "the devil is permitted to rule", yet it is stated in the thread title as if that is the case.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:20 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,883,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
God is answering Satan's challenge that man does not need to obey God and that God is a liar. He has allowed time for man to do everything he can think of to live without obeying God's direction and try every form of government. That takes time.
Oh he did throw him out but he still lives in the neighborhood. Influences everyone that has any contact with him.
Today we see man's rule is a failure and getting worse. Just watch politics in the USA or any other Country.
I also find at Job 2:4-5 that Satan challenges all of us:
Touch our ' flesh....' ( loose our physical health ) and we would Not serve God.

Yes, agree Satan is in the neighborhood aka Rev. 12:9,12 in earth's vicinity.
This is also why the good news about God's coming kingdom (aka government) of Daniel 2:44 is now being proclaimed on a vast international scale as never before in history just as Jesus said it would be done at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:22 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,849,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Nope...

Old 11-15-2018, 05:24 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,849,930 times
Quote:

OK...

Do what?...😳

Old 11-15-2018, 05:27 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,883,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There's also the fact that not all Christians believe that "the devil is permitted to rule", yet it is stated in the thread title as if that is the case.
To me, certainly the figurative genuine 'wheat' Christians would believe the devil is permitted to rule because 2nd Corinthians 4:4 calls Satan the god of this world
(of badness).
Plus, gospel writer John wrote at 1st John 5:19 that the whole world lies in the power of the wicked one.
Also, Revelation 12:12,9 says 'woe' because the devil has come down to you....
So, then it would be the fake 'weed/tares' Christians who are the ones who do Not believe the devil is permitted to rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity