Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 07:34 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 09:16 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,233,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Makes no sense, as is claimed that Jesus is G-d, that Satan would tempt G-d with the things that are G-d’s...Do you folks really listen to yourselves when you talk?...

Do you listen to yourself?

Satan is a liar. Thus, it makes perfect sense that he would offer Jesus ownership of something Jesus was already guaranteed through obedience to the Father. Both in the fact that the devil was arrogant enough to assume the kingdoms of the world were REALLY his to give, and foolish enough to think Jesus had any reason to take anything from the devil.

What tripped the devil up was the fact Jesus could NEVER disobey the Father. But the devil was too preoccupied seeing Jesus the Man.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:20 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post

Satan is a liar. Thus, it makes perfect sense that he would offer Jesus ownership of something Jesus was already guaranteed through obedience to the Father. Both in the fact that the devil was arrogant enough to assume the kingdoms of the world were REALLY his to give, and foolish enough to think Jesus had any reason to take anything from the devil.

What tripped the devil up was the fact Jesus could NEVER disobey the Father. But the devil was too preoccupied seeing Jesus the Man.
Um, it's a story....

Old 11-18-2018, 09:20 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,233,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You are agreeing with me.

Hopefully, both of us agree with scripture.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:

Like, I said, do you ever listen to yourself talk?...Don’t you people claim that Jesus is G-d?...And you don’t think that Satan knew who he was talking to?...

Old 11-18-2018, 11:49 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:

Quote:
Like, I said, do you ever listen to yourself talk?...Don’t you people claim that Jesus is G-d?...And you don’t think that Satan knew who he was talking to?...
.................................................. ........THERE IS NO SATAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoWTrvQpG-4

Old 11-18-2018, 12:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
The type of God we see in the OT didn't turn Satan into dust right on the spot, as you hypothesize, so your assertion is.... demonstrably false.

The ability you speak of, that Satan has, is the ability to choose whom he will serve. Why would God NOT grant him the ability to make such a choice? Would God need to be worried about something? And it's the same choice you and I have. The choice whom we will serve. There is an expanse of time allotted for making this choice. And then the time will end and eternity will be set in stone. So, you'll get your hypothesis granted in the long run, just not exactly as you would expect.

God isn't worried about anything going wrong with this option. It's not like you can accomplish anything by rebelling, except gaining nothing. God is all powerful. He cannot be thwarted.
So, satan chooses to rebel against God...and suddenly satan is IN THE POSITION TO BE WORSHIPED? and suddenly has the ability to influence people, nations, etc? over centuries of time?

OK, so what if I wanted to do the same thing...I want to be worshiped, I want to take Gods throne as my own (this is hypothetical, I do not desire this)...will I suddenly be IN the position, to be worshiped like God is...will I suddenly have the power to influence other people, nations? Will God create a 'domain' just for me and those that choose to follow me?

Old 11-18-2018, 01:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So, satan chooses to rebel against God...and suddenly satan is IN THE POSITION TO BE WORSHIPED? and suddenly has the ability to influence people, nations, etc? over centuries of time?

OK, so what if I wanted to do the same thing...I want to be worshiped, I want to take Gods throne as my own (this is hypothetical, I do not desire this)...will I suddenly be IN the position, to be worshiped like God is...will I suddenly have the power to influence other people, nations? Will God create a 'domain' just for me and those that choose to follow me?
What is worshiped is the other God of Christianism, man and his beliefs that they have been given authority throughout the world and over humanity for "we are the gateway to knowledge and wisdom," so saith the Priest.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:52 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Why would Satan ask his Creator to worship him, knowing full well Who he was talking to?...
Knowing full well who he was allowed him to ask, as God had given him the opportunity to test his son.

Nature has nothing to do with it as Satan tested the person of Jesus, not a nature/flesh.

He would not test God as he knew God could not sin or change in his decision. He knew Jesus theoretically could sin as he knew Jesus personally as he knew god and all his sons.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:55 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Pharaohs did, the Caesars did and others. Just as easy for Satan to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity