Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 10:48 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Those in Christ are called to judge righteously. Therefore by the authority of Jesus Christ (as His follower) and therefore God, I have the authority to say that one who commits homosexual acts is committing a sin.

So now you are going to answer my question?
Like i said before, you have no idea what righteousness is. Now if you did know what judging righteously is and knew the scriptures, you would be able to point to an exxxample of Jesus judging righteously because he is our example in the matter, but even though it is clear in the gospels Jesus judging righteously you are blind to it. You do not have the authority to call out anyone. If you had the spirit like i have just seen you tell another poster, you would not be on your high horse about who you think are sinners and who are not. What you do have is a belief system and acceptance that all will be saved. Whoopee doo

Old 11-26-2018, 10:56 AM

1,259 posts, read 564,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like i said before, you have no idea what righteousness is. Now if you did know what judging righteously is and knew the scriptures, you would be able to point to an exxxample of Jesus judging righteously because he is our example in the matter, but even though it is clear in the gospels Jesus judging righteously you are blind to it. You do not have the authority to call out anyone. If you had the spirit like i have just seen you tell another poster, you would not be on your high horse about who you think are sinners and who are not. What you do have is a belief system and acceptance that all will be saved. Whoopee doo

By what authority did you just judge me by, Pcamps?

Old 11-26-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
By what authority did you just judge me by, Pcamps?
The example of Jesus who stood up to the fundamentalists and defended those the fundies called sinners.

I honestly believe that the fundies of Jesus' day were angels compared to the ones that are a stumbling block to the glad tidings today. I also believe too, if the woman caught in adultery story was replayed today, not one fundy would leave that scene, they would say we are not sinners we are covered in Jesus blood then quote the bible AT Jesus to defend their belief that they have authority to condemn anything that is not approvable in their eyes.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:55 AM

I used to know identical twins that were very feminine in their mannerism, they belonged to a house fellowship i used to attend . They both lived together through their adult years. They were both extremely nice guys and very funny too and always had hilarious stories to tell which the both them were usually involved in.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:33 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The example of Jesus who stood up to the fundamentalists and defended those the fundies called sinners.

I honestly believe that the fundies of Jesus' day were angels compared to the ones that are a stumbling block to the glad tidings today. I also believe too, if the woman caught in adultery story was replayed today, not one fundy would leave that scene, they would say we are not sinners we are covered in Jesus blood then quote the bible AT Jesus to defend their belief that they have authority to condemn anything that is not approvable in their eyes.

Jesus acknowledged that she had sinned.

Joh 8:11 And she said, No one, Lord. Then Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee; go and sin no more.

BTW condemning is to determine the punishment someone should receive for what offense they were judged (determined) to have committed.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Jesus acknowledged that she had sinned.

Joh 8:11 And she said, No one, Lord. Then Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee; go and sin no more.

BTW condemning is to determine the punishment someone should receive for what offense they were judged (determined) to have committed.
Oh please You are making her act greater than the act of Jesus ....... Go sin no more more translated is you are free to go sin no more.. it is not the warning , dissapproval or threat you lean towards. The fact of the matter is, he did not approach her to call her an adulterer nor did he tell her to repent, it was those like minded to you that brought her to him. You condemnation of that which you are not approving of is of the wrong spirit. Quit justifying your condemnation by the misuse of the scriptures.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:26 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
No, I'm not saying you must believe it. I'm saying that Christians will find the Truth in the Bible. It is not for everyone at this time. There are those that are condemned and being held in that condemnation awaiting Judgment. These are the same who will say the Bible is nonsense.
The things in the scriptures are written to the people of God, which is called out of every nation, tribe, people

Rev 7:9 After these things I saw, and behold, a great crowd which no one was able to number them, out of every nation, even tribes and peoples and tongues, standing in front of the throne, and before the Lamb, having been clothed with white robes, and in their hands palm branches.
Rev 7:10 And they cry with a great voice, saying, Salvation to our God sitting on the throne, and to the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels and of the elders and of the four living creatures stood around the throne. And they fell before the throne on their faces, and worshiped God,
Rev 7:12 saying, Amen. Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength to our God forever and ever. Amen.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying to me, These, the ones having been clothed in the white robes, who are they, and from where did they come?
Rev 7:14 And I said to him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are those coming out of the great tribulation; and they washed their robes and whitened them in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15 Because of this they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His sanctuary. And He sitting on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them.

and then there are those who say they talk for God but they do not know the spirit of God which is love, they follow the beast which is the system that takes the scriptures as literal and end worshipping the sun, moon, stars, men etc which are symbols, and signs

Rev 13:4 And they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like the beast; who is able to make war with it?
Rev 13:5 And a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies was given to it. And authority to act forty two months was given to it.
Rev 13:6 And it opened its mouth in blasphemy toward God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, and those tabernacling in Heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given to it "to war with the saints, and to overcome them." And authority was given to it over every tribe and tongue and nation. Dan. 7:21
Rev 13:8 And all those dwelling in the earth will worship it, those of whom the names had not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb having been slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev 13:9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

Those are the ones which will remain in condemnation, this is not about physical human beings, it is about the religious organisations which have been called, chosen, set up but they don’t understand the symbolic, metaphoric language of what the responsibility of the organisations are.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:31 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Give me an example of what you see in the Bible that you believe was not inspired by God.
OFF TOPIC...attempted highjack of the thread.

PLEASE stay on topic and focus on the question---Is it wrong for men to be effeminate or for women to be masculine?

Old 11-26-2018, 01:34 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unjust shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor effeminate nor homosexuals

Here is proof that a "HE" is one that has a penis:

Deu 23:1 He that is wounded in the stones or is castrated shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
Seems this bible omits the word EFFEMINATE completely (see below) and those versions that do use the word do so in relation to homosexuality. Noyt acting or portraying feminine qualities.

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

And again, these are not the words of Christ, but those of a mortal man with far less status than the original 12...

Old 11-26-2018, 02:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
It is used to criticize and berate, nothing remotely close to justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity