Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 01:58 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am ready to deck something.
LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 02:23 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I wasn't born spiritually dead. We didn't have a Bible in the house ever....but, oh, the stories I could tell
under 8 years old even! Full of God and Spirit.
God's Plan to reveal such things to me?
I'll say! Thank You, Lord!
No one is born spiritually dead, but are born spiritually immature.

My mother was a Christian, and I tried to be a member of the religion of Christianity (real hard) till I was in my early teens but I would think about what I was being told and things didn’t add up, basic things like how could those born before Jesus was born be saved if salvation was by belief in a physical man Jesus who was born literally 2000 years ago, and how could all those who never heard of Jesus be saved after Jesus was born, that would mean that salvation was not for everyone, also why would those who were non christians burn eternally when they looked and acted the same as christians, but just didn’t say I believe in Jesus. I spent many years in conflict with the indoctrination warring with the still small voice, Then a few years ago I had the urge to find out what revelation meant found this site and tent maker learnt about universal salvation and to me it seems that belief in UR is only the first step out of the doctrines that have led Christianity astray, and it’s only now that the pieces are falling into place. That all the scriptures are addressed to a specific people, not individuals.

Many members...... one body, one spirit, one baptism. The spirit of Christ is not about individual people acknowledging that a physical man called Jesus was born. The same spirit that revealed things to the prophets in the Old reveals itself to those in the new, but there are also false scribes, prophets and priests who turn the spiritual things into things about the flesh..... the prophecied messiah was never about a man, it was about the spirit which is Christ.

Israel is Gods firstborn which is the 12 tribes that come out of Judaism. The letters of Paul and the disciples have been made into gospels which blend the spirit with the flesh, and end up with a man being worshipped as God, and the 2 need to be separated.

God is spirit and not a man, he sends his spirit into man to evolve man into his image, that spirit is Christ. All religions enshrine their particular doctrines into the revelations from God (which are sent through the spirit which is Christ) and corrupt it.

We then end up with a blended Egyptian, Greek, Persian, Roman religion worshipping the signs and symbols.

These are just my reflections which I have as I try to know what truth is, following spirit which I can feel and I can see in the scriptures.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

My mother was a Christian, and I tried to be a member of the religion of Christianity (real hard) till I was in my early teens but I would think about what I was being told and things didn’t add up, basic things like how could those born before Jesus was born be saved if salvation was by belief in a physical man Jesus who was born literally 2000 years ago, and how could all those who never heard of Jesus be saved after Jesus was born, that would mean that salvation was not for everyone, also why would those who were non christians burn eternally when they looked and acted the same as christians, but just didn’t say I believe in Jesus. I spent many years in conflict with the indoctrination warring with the still small voice, Then a few years ago I had the urge to find out what revelation meant found this site and tent maker learnt about universal salvation and to me it seems that belief in UR is only the first step out of the doctrines that have led Christianity astray, and it’s only now that the pieces are falling into place. That all the scriptures are addressed to a specific people, not individuals.

Many members...... one body, one spirit, one baptism. The spirit of Christ is not about individual people acknowledging that a physical man called Jesus was born. The same spirit that revealed things to the prophets in the Old reveals itself to those in the new, but there are also false scribes, prophets and priests who turn the spiritual things into things about the flesh..... the prophecied messiah was never about a man, it was about the spirit which is Christ.

Israel is Gods firstborn which is the 12 tribes that come out of Judaism. The letters of Paul and the disciples have been made into gospels which blend the spirit with the flesh, and end up with a man being worshiped as God, and the 2 need to be separated.

God is spirit and not a man, he sends his spirit into man to evolve man into his image, that spirit is Christ. All religions enshrine their particular doctrines into the revelations from God (which are sent through the spirit which is Christ) and corrupt it.

We then end up with a blended Egyptian, Greek, Persian, Roman religion worshipping the signs and symbols.

These are just my reflections which I have as I try to know what truth is, following spirit which I can feel and I can see in the scriptures.
I can see that.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:37 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
His Plan from start to finish

"You filled your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhaled disobedience.

We all did it, all of us doing what we felt like doing, when we felt like doing it, all of us in the same boat. It's a wonder God didn't lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us.

Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ.

He did all this on his own, with no help from us!

Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah.

Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus.

Saving is all his idea, and all his work.

All we do is trust him enough to let him do it.

It's God's gift from start to finish!

We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing!

No, we neither make nor save ourselves.

God does both the making and saving.

He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing. -The Message-

Old 12-02-2018, 05:05 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,594 times
Quote:

Israel is Gods firstborn which is the 12 tribes that come out of Judaism. The letters of Paul and the disciples have been made into gospels which blend the spirit with the flesh, and end up with a man being worshipped as God, and the 2 need to be separated.

I see this as well. Thank you for sharing it.

Deep calls to deep at the noise of your waterspouts: all your waves and your billows are gone over me. Psalm42:7 Commentary on this Psalm: https://biblehub.com/commentaries/psalms/42-7.htm

Old 12-05-2018, 10:35 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,972 times
Quote:
Yep, I agree. Every human is born with a spirit.

Where Christianity has gone wrong is thinking that salvation is about the individual being ‘born again’ and going to heaven, whereas the scriptures are about the kingdom of God coming to earth through Christ.

They take the signs, symbols as literal

Never said we don't have a human spirit, we all do it's just dead to God initially......but He can quicken it for those seeking Him.....

Old 12-05-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It must have been ll me...god knew what I would do, right?

God knew before the earth was formed which way all of us will go, including both of us......

Old 12-05-2018, 10:55 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Never said we don't have a human spirit, we all do it's just dead to God initially......but He can quicken it for those seeking Him.....
Spirit is not dead to God

Old 12-05-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"The life of grace is not an effort on our part to achieve a goal we set ourselves. It is a continually renewed attempt simply to believe that someone else has done all the achieving that is needed and to live in relationship with that person, whether we achieve or not. If that doesn't seem like much to you, you're right: it isn't. And, as a matter of fact, the life of grace is even less than that. It's not even our life at all, but the life of that Someone Else rising like a tide in the ruins of our death.” -Robert Farrar Capon-
Like this a lot

Old 12-05-2018, 11:16 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,387,904 times
Quote:
No one is born spiritually dead, but are born spiritually immature... [snipped by Pleroo because I'm just responding to this one statement]
I'm just throwing this out there... I'm not sure that we are born spiritually immature. I think about the many people who didn't get sucked into the immature religious beliefs that they were taught as children and I'd say that was a sign of their spiritual maturity. Perhaps we are born with a spiritual maturity that, for many of us, gets stunted by things that weaken our felt connection to God. For some of us, that happened early in life, for others, not so much.

I think it's possible that, as a collective, there is a maturing and growth process of the consciousness that is God, that we are all taking part in. In other words, I don't think individuals come forth more or less mature than each other.

But that's based on a belief that nothing exists outside of God, and therefore we are a collective of consciousnesses that are eternal. I, Pleroo, am not eternal; however, I am a temporary apparatus that is a receiver of a consciousness which is eternal. Just my thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity