Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:49 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That is SO not true, geeze, V6...By joking about this it just perpetuates that belief...in my most humblest of opinions, that is.
That is the exact 'spirit' of someone that doesn't 'get it'....I mean, the person that gets mad behind the wheel...
And lemme tellya I have been a passenger of many a so-called HIGH person that even gives classes on HIGH things...and they are like East coast monsters behind the wheel, cursing and blaming drivers for NOTHING...just 'being' they curse them.

So I do know what you mean.....
I have very few problems on the road now...when they happen sometimes...It's just a person that didn't see me, so what.
My life is much calmer now that I actually practice consciously being in touch with and being led by Spirit.
Ah, the freedom...giving burdens away.

(I was Bap in the Holy Spirit in 2009....what a huge change or renewal of my mind!!!
Wowsa...like day and night ...you could ask my friends of decades....I was a beeotch.)
I am faced with that very renewal as I flow with my sister whom I am now the caretaker of in my
space I made only for ME in solitude in my retirement.
No one can trigger you like family....forget about traffic!!!!
And in 9 months I got mad 5 times....but if I told you ....it took a LOT before I got mad....in
2 min I was fine....no ruminating for weeks on end.

Ah, thank you Holy Spirit for transforming my mind and for the help of undoing the ego.
Perhaps so, thou, her/his post is true for the path to self-actualization...don't sweat the small stuff! what is the small stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 01:59 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Perhaps so, thou, her/his post is true for the path to self-actualization...don't sweat the small stuff! what is the small stuff?
Self-actualization is not a word introduced often in the Christianity area...thank you for that.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:51 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I don't believe that the nature of "spirit" is such that it can be manipulated by physical or magical means. There is a spirit of love (caring for the well being of others) and there is a spirit of selfishness that domintate the interaction of different people to varying degrees (selfishness manifests in many ways like a need to control others)
and all that SPIRITUALNESS originates only in you/ ourselves, ACCORDING TO YOU RIGHT ?
meaning there is not life AND SPIRTUAITY outside of you AND THAT WE MUST ALIGN OURSELVES WITH IN ORDER TO BE LOVING?
AND THUS YOU KNOW LOVING BY HOW IT MAKES YOU FEEL?
ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?
SO YOU SAY THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT LOVE.. LIKE JESUS LOVED?

Old 11-30-2018, 05:42 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It cracks me up to see people circle-the-parking-lot searching for a closer spot, only to get their car door dented-in by someone else who did the same thing. I take it that you have little or no patience? Because, I personally, am not bothered by those looking for an accident or a place for it to happen?
I actually do pretty well depending on which vehicle I'm on or in.......lol.......on the cycle I'm carefree and walking in the spirit......in a cage a little less

Old 11-30-2018, 05:46 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That is SO not true, geeze, V6...By joking about this it just perpetuates that belief...in my most humblest of opinions, that is.
That is the exact 'spirit' of someone that doesn't 'get it'....I mean, the person that gets mad behind the wheel...
And lemme tellya I have been a passenger of many a so-called HIGH person that even gives classes on HIGH things...and they are like East coast monsters behind the wheel, cursing and blaming drivers for NOTHING...just 'being' they curse them.

So I do know what you mean.....
I have very few problems on the road now...when they happen sometimes...It's just a person that didn't see me, so what.
My life is much calmer now that I actually practice consciously being in touch with and being led by Spirit.
Ah, the freedom...giving burdens away.

(I was Bap in the Holy Spirit in 2009....what a huge change or renewal of my mind!!!
Wowsa...like day and night ...you could ask my friends of decades....I was a beeotch.)
I am faced with that very renewal as I flow with my sister whom I am now the caretaker of in my
space I made only for ME in solitude in my retirement.
No one can trigger you like family....forget about traffic!!!!
And in 9 months I got mad 5 times....but if I told you ....it took a LOT before I got mad....in
2 min I was fine....no ruminating for weeks on end.

Ah, thank you Holy Spirit for transforming my mind and for the help of undoing the ego.
You are cool for sure, and I should not make light of this stuff but we need to be real......it is so cool to be able to rest in the completed work of Christ and know long term things are going to turn out great.....and probably no cars in heaven!

Old 11-30-2018, 08:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and all that SPIRITUALNESS originates only in you/ ourselves, ACCORDING TO YOU RIGHT ?
meaning there is not life AND SPIRTUAITY outside of you AND THAT WE MUST ALIGN OURSELVES WITH IN ORDER TO BE LOVING?
AND THUS YOU KNOW LOVING BY HOW IT MAKES YOU FEEL?
ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?
SO YOU SAY THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT LOVE.. LIKE JESUS LOVED?
no, that's not what I am saying, it is a construct of your mind in its essential nature of opposing anything that you don't like.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
The "small stuff" is what people do ignorant of the impact it might have on you. Less "small" is the stuff they do for their own reasons, realizing that it will impact you negatively.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:19 AM

well mankind isn't the author of Love and isn't it sourse either. sir..
Find the source of love and then corrrect your and others ideas of what real Love should feel like.
start with washing of our minds with his Word and by HIm and in the spirit of The Word . His logo's.

It is a hard love..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDWhCaDgd3Y

Mat 7:14

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

and you think they can find it in themselves!
I say they can only find it in HIM and in His wWord.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:16 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
well mankind isn't the author of Love and isn't it sourse either. sir..
Find the source of love and then corrrect your and others ideas of what real Love should feel like.
start with washing of our minds with his Word and by HIm and in the spirit of The Word . His logo's.

It is a hard love..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDWhCaDgd3Y

Mat 7:14

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

and you think they can find it in themselves!
I say they can only find it in HIM and in His Word.
You will find it within, if you open-up your heart to it.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:29 PM

you will find it in HIM .. when you/we all open your heart to Him His wWord and His Spirit's washing and refining .

like here
Rev 3:14

¶
“And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans[fn] write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:

Rev 3:15

“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.

Rev 3:16

“So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,[fn] I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Rev 3:17

“Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—

Rev 3:18

I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

Rev 3:19

“As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
Rev 3:20

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Rev 3:21

“To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Rev 3:22

¶
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’ ”

you/ I/ we/ are not the sourse of Love and or righteousness.. we must get our right/ness from Him and HIM only !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity