Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 07:41 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I wasn't denigrating anything. I felt that this man's journey was very moving. He doesn't condemn Mormonism either. He just didn't like it for himself.
Yeah, right. That's definitely how he came across.

Quote:
He was really ecstatic to learn that no matter how much he falls short, he is saved.
Really? Me too! I learned that as a five-year-old Mormon girl and have believed it for 65 more years. It's what I'm teaching right now down at the Salt Lake City jail.

Quote:
I didn't misrepresent anything either.
You did. You totally misrepresented what Mormonism teaches about the role of grace in our lives and in our eternal salvation. But that's okay. It gave me the opportunity to clear things up.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
You don't get it. This is my thread. Of course I am going to stay. I said I will not respond to you if you insist on being rude. So don't expect a response from me if you address me rudely.
So don't. I'll keep asking the questions, though, and I'm sure people will pick up on the fact that you're ignoring them. I'll also correct inaccurate information, whether it comes from you or anybody else.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:47 PM

294 posts, read 219,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It sounds like you may have pissed-off a few people with your view that border's on the side of being self-righteous. Apparently, you like the blame-game, instead of looking into the mirror to see, if it might be your own attitude and demeanor which may be the cause of people disliking you, and your hostility towards them; whoever, they may be?
That's a pretty funny response. I try to get along with everyone I meet and greet everyone with a smile. I know I have pissed off some very powerful corrupt people and trust God to protect me from them. Do you think innocent wonderful people would do the things I described?? The darkness does not like having a light shine on it. I consider being disliked by some people to be a great compliment, if dishonest corrupt people liked me I WOULD take a good look in the mirror and wonder. I have been thanked by many of the other people this corrupt organization has affected.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:53 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
His mother followed him out of Mormonism and has a ministry now

Quote:
MORMON JESUS VERSUS BIBLICAL JESUS
The Mormon Jesus and the biblical Jesus teach a different nature of Christ and, at the very crux of Christianity, they teach different ways to salvation. Even LDS prophet Gordon B Hinckley said: ‘The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak.’
There are other important ways in which Mormon teaching does not match biblical teaching on Christ’s atonement, but most significantly the Mormon Jesus teaches that membership in the LDS Church is required for eternal life. According to the Bible, his Church is a body of believers. No organisation can save.

https://www.premierchristianity.com/...o-follow-Jesus

Old 12-02-2018, 07:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
It may help to open your eyes of understanding, especially when people see themselves as sinners or filthy rags having no righteousness.
Quote:
OK well I never was taught nor do I believe that I am a filthy rag. So I am not sure what you think my eyes need to be opened to. I do believe that I am a sinner, but not filthy. I can't be filthy. That is impossible. God does not make junk. Jesus died for all of my sins in advance. My spirit is perfect, made in the image of God.

Even people who society sees as filthy. God does not. Christians should not. Jesus hung out with the 'filthy'.

And he never asked for a single thing back for the gift of Grace. It is a GIFT. Sad that some people think it's a cheap gift. Not very good, cheap implies. Maybe the fact that it's free is why some would see it as useless.
If you believe that he had to pay a penalty, then it's not free. And, if you believe in eternal torment, punishment or damnation - for not believing in the Penal Substitution theory or that he died for your sins, instead of "because of" them, as He freely forgave people, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." Then, maybe, you do not understand that there is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love but that of forgiveness? We have a God who is not holding our errors (or sins) against us, not because he was a substitute, but because he so loves humanity.

And, we should pick up OUR CROSS by following this golden-rule to love OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELVES.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:57 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
I don't often watch videos that people post on here because of time constraints, but I did watch that one, and it was excellent.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Larry View Post
That's a pretty funny response. I try to get along with everyone I meet and greet everyone with a smile. I know I have pissed off some very powerful corrupt people and trust God to protect me from them. Do you think innocent wonderful people would do the things I described?? The darkness does not like having a light shine on it. I consider being disliked by some people to be a great compliment, if dishonest corrupt people liked me I WOULD take a good look in the mirror and wonder. I have been thanked by many of the other people this corrupt organization has affected.
I don't understand what you are saying.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
If you believe that he had to pay a penalty, then it's not free. And, if you believe in eternal torment, punishment or damnation - for not believing in the Penal Substitution theory or that he died for your sins, instead of "because of" them, as He freely forgave people, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." Then, maybe, you do not understand that there is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love but that of forgiveness? We have a God who is not holding our errors (or sins) against us, not because he was a substitute, but because he so loves humanity.

And, we should pick up OUR CROSS by following this golden-rule to love OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELVES.
It's free to US.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
His mother followed him out of Mormonism and has a ministry now

There are other important ways in which Mormon teaching does not match biblical teaching on Christ’s atonement, but most significantly the Mormon Jesus teaches that membership in the LDS Church is required for eternal life. According to the Bible, his Church is a body of believers. No organisation can save.

https://www.premierchristianity.com/...o-follow-Jesus
See, there you go again -- posting links to anti-Mormon websites. You denigrate Mormonism when you post links that are not representative of what Mormonism actually teaches and by spouting nonsense such as "Mormon teaching does not match biblical teaching on Christ’s atonement." Mormonism may not teach your interpretation of biblical teaching on the atonement, but aside from that, your statement is nonsense. Oh, and just as an FYI, Mormonism doesn't believe any organization can save either.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yeah, well Mormonism doesn't believe any organization can save either.
No, but Mormonism says
Quote:
Baptism by immersion in water by one having authority is the first saving ordinance of the gospel and is necessary for an individual to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to receive eternal salvation.
And who has that authority? Mormon priesthood holders.

https://www.lds.org/topics/baptism?lang=eng
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity