Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 AM

322 posts, read 737,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You know, there is NOTHING I can't stand more then having someone come to my house to preach to me but I can tell you one of the things I would NEVER say to them is that they were going to hell.
I do not know the ultimate and final truth and I don't think any of us do.
That occurance is not something that happens very often in my life. But where the J Ws are concerned, I've already been through the trying to convert them phase. Already extended hospitality to them. One of the things I hate is when they send a pretty well dressed woman my way thinking that she can pursuade me into converting.

These cultist are highly trained. Just like those pesty phone solicitors that I hang up on. If you think your gonna get any where with a JW, please go ahead. I've learned better. As soon as they approach, I'll nip it in the bud. And thats the only way (I know) to maybe cause them to think. I don't deal with all people like that. Just the ones, who like the flat liners in the emergency room, urgently need a shock across the heart! That could be thier only hope of repenting, at least in some cases.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:03 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,383,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
And thats the only way (I know) to maybe cause them to think. I don't deal with all people like that. Just the ones, who like the flat liners in the emergency room, urgently need a shock across the heart! That could be thier only hope of repenting, at least in some cases.
I've actually got to thank you for this post.
I always wondered what is going on in the minds of religious people who scream Repent Now! Jesus is Coming Soon! etc., etc. They seem so insane.
So thanks for the explanation. But, since you don't already know this, yelling insults at people won't cause them to think.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
I always wondered what is going on in the minds of religious people who scream Repent Now! Jesus is Coming Soon! etc., etc. They seem so insane.
So thanks for the explanation. But, since you don't already know this, yelling insults at people won't cause them to think.
Your welcome. But please, also do me a favor. Explain to me why non-religous persons like yourself get on Christian forums and try to tear up everything a Christian says. I stay totally away from forums dedicated to the discussion of anti-Christian beliefs. Why do non-Christians think they have the right to go to Christian forums and so blatantly attack Christians?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,815 times
Quote:
b. frank, i totally agree with you, I find nowhere did Jesus scream at anyone.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 AM

739 posts, read 2,186,201 times
Quote:
Why do non-Christians think they have the right to go to Christian forums and so blatantly attack Christians?
Because of the law of Karma...what goes around comes around.

By coincidence, I saw Jesus once too. I'll never forget it. He looked just like his Dad...long hair, big bushy beard, flowing robes, angels flying around.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,383,675 times
Quote:
Your welcome. But please, also do me a favor. Explain to me why non-religous persons like yourself get on Christian forums and try to tear up everything a Christian says. I stay totally away from forums dedicated to the discussion of anti-Christian beliefs. Why do non-Christians think they have the right to go to Christian forums and so blatantly attack Christians?
I haven't attacked anybody. If you are referring to your own posts, I have called them: selfish, distasteful, and I have connected them to the rantings of seemingly insane people. And I stand by those statements.
I'll post valid criticisms of posts wherever I see fit. You are welcome to do the same.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:13 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Quote:
Excuse me Joe, but bfrank, (who has been on this forum for over a year) as well as many of the other athiests on this forum seem to be here for the same reason that christian and other believers are..That is to learn from each other and to share our reasons for why we believe or don't believe..I have heard many believers and non believers say that this is the only time they have ever come in contact with each other..There is a good lesson in tolerance and understanding going on between athiests and believers..I have actually seen sone good friendships grow between the two

Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I haven't attacked anybody. If you are referring to your own posts, I have called them: selfish, distasteful, and I have connected them to the rantings of seemingly insane people. And I stand by those statements.
I'll post valid criticisms of posts wherever I see fit. You are welcome to do the same.
OK, at least we understand each other a little better. Does your assesment of persons like me also include JESUS CHRIST Who warned many people about hell! He also informed certain Jewish leaders that thier daddy was the devil. If you have a problem with a faithful Christian warning people about hell, take that up with JESUS. He is certain to take up that issue with you.

If you want the last word, go ahead. We've already pushed the forum rules a bit by getting off topic.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:41 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
This one has run it's course.

Somebody hit the lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity