Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:57 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
This web site has an interesting collection of articles about this and related topics.
If Jesus was a Jew, why aren't Christians Jewish?

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-J...ns-Jewish.html
Christians are Jews, that is, fulfilled/completed Jews.

Christianity as “Fulfilled Judaism” – The Anchor Course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 11:04 AM

23,157 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Still converts to Jesus Christ are adopted into the tribe of Judah , as Jesus was of this tribe ...... Then the covenant to God through Christ is the new covenant and not exact to the old covenant of the house of Isaac
Dude, you aint even close to correct, our adoption and being grafted is explained in so many places, people should not be getting it wrong.

Paul explains it in Romans 9 showing EXACTLY how Gentiles are grafted through the promise to the lost ten tribes, NOT JUDAH.'' NOT MY PEOPLE BECOME MY PEOPLE.''' This was said to and about the lost ten tribes, NOT JUDAH.

Paul quotes Hosea's promise to the lost ten tribes showing how Gentiles marry a Jew and are then grafted through Ephraim, NOT JUDAH.

You aren't the new Jew man, and when Paul is explaining how Gentiles become co heirs, that is the point, that we are not Judah but that we are CO HEIRS WITH JUDAH, GRAFTED THROUGH EPHRAIM, NOT JUDAH.

But all that was said to Gentiles that converted to the same religion as the Jew, and that justs aint you. Not only are you not a Jew, and not grafted into Judah, you aren't even Ephraim, you are not Israel, you could become Israel if you gave up your lawlessness and paganism to accept the ways of God but nobody can force you.......You are just sitting there snapping your fingers saying,'' I am a Jew,'' when you aren't even close..........You don't magically, suddenly become a Jew, that is ridiculous.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:09 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is not true, there are neither jew or greek in Christ..... The new creation is the image of God which is Jesus Christ, now in you as you, which we are called to live by, in other words his thoughts and ways become our thoughts and ways. The old creation is what we thought, said and lived by prior to the new creation man being a reality to us.

If "you" and your "Christian" church are the "image of God", I think God got short changed.

I think John said it better in 1 John 3:8, whereas "the one who practices sin is of the devil". You are calling up down, and down up.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:16 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Dude, you aint even close to correct, our adoption and being grafted is explained in so many places, people should not be getting it wrong.

Paul explains it in Romans 9 showing EXACTLY how Gentiles are grafted through the promise to the lost ten tribes, NOT JUDAH.'' NOT MY PEOPLE BECOME MY PEOPLE.''' This was said to and about the lost ten tribes, NOT JUDAH.

Paul quotes Hosea's promise to the lost ten tribes showing how Gentiles marry a Jew and are then grafted through Ephraim, NOT JUDAH.

You aren't the new Jew man, and when Paul is explaining how Gentiles become co heirs, that is the point, that we are not Judah but that we are CO HEIRS WITH JUDAH, GRAFTED THROUGH EPHRAIM, NOT JUDAH.

But all that was said to Gentiles that converted to the same religion as the Jew, and that justs aint you. Not only are you not a Jew, and not grafted into Judah, you aren't even Ephraim, you are not Israel, you could become Israel if you gave up your lawlessness and paganism to accept the ways of God but nobody can force you.......You are just sitting there snapping your fingers saying,'' I am a Jew,'' when you aren't even close..........You don't magically, suddenly become a Jew, that is ridiculous.

Actually, the "house of Israel"/Ephraim (Ezekiel 36:17) is still "scattered among the nations" (Ezekiel 36:19), and is still without the law and still practices Pagan rituals (Christianity), and will not be reunited with Judah (Ezekiel 37) until she is gathered out from all the lands, and returned to "your own land" (Ezekiel 36:24), at which time they will be given a new spirit and a heart of flesh, and will "observe My ordinances". (Ezekiel 36:27).

Old 12-20-2018, 11:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus Christ is the fullfillment of the OT scriptures in whom we all are. We can label it what we want, what is important is knowing who we are and where we are. As for bigging up Peter and Paul, if they were around today, they would give you a slapping for saying it is their church
LOL.. You tell it, bro!

Old 12-20-2018, 11:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
If "you" and your "Christian" church are the "image of God", I think God got short changed.

I think John said it better in 1 John 3:8, whereas "the one who practices sin is of the devil". You are calling up down, and down up.
What you saying, the catholic church is the image of God and all that are not associated with it aren't?.

You know a lot about church belief but bugger all about the scriptures.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2 Cor 3:18

We are what we behold, what more lovelier thing can one behold than the image of God which is Jesus Christ? . How you behold others is just a reflection of what you are beholding. That mirror of sin and condemnation, we unlike them believe all the right things is shaping you instead of the one who came to make known to us our true identity which is the image of God... Jesus Christ.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:29 AM

I swear to God, the things people say and get wrong, if the average Christian could just TRY and understand how it is that a Gentile is grafted into Israel, it would change the world. Christians everywhere claiming to have replaced Jews and the thing that is so freaking sad about this is that there is absolutely no reason to do such a thing, God has truly gone out of his way to design a plan where Gentiles could join Jews and share in the inheritance of Israel. There is absolutely no reason that a Christian should try and twist the scriptures to fit himself into Israel be deceit, the Gentile has no reason to replace a Jew because a path has already been made where God ended the kingdom of Israel and he tells us his plan from the beginning where he said that he would take all of them and seed them into every Gentile nation.

It is just so sad that people can't take the time to study the history of a people they think they are replacing when there is no need to replace them.

Because of IGNORANCE this flawed derranged replacement theory has persecuted, tortured and killed so many freaking people and it does nothing but build hate and all for nothing, simply because people cant figure out the difference between the house of Israel and the house of Judah, and they share their ignorance everywhere they go.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:35 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I swear to God, the things people say and get wrong, if the average Christian could just TRY and understand how it is that a Gentile is grafted into Israel, it would change the world. Christians everywhere claiming to have replaced Jews and the thing that is so freaking sad about this is that there is absolutely no reason to do such a thing, God has truly gone out of his way to design a plan where Gentiles could join Jews and share in the inheritance of Israel. There is absolutely no reason that a Christian should try and twist the scriptures to fit himself into Israel be deceit, the Gentile has no reason to replace a Jew because a path has already been made where God ended the kingdom of Israel and he tells us his plan from the beginning where he said that he would take all of them and seed them into every Gentile nation.

It is just so sad that people can't take the time to study the history of a people they think they are replacing when there is no need to replace them.

Because of IGNORANCE this flawed derranged replacement theory has persecuted, tortured and killed so many freaking people and it does nothing but build hate and all for nothing, simply because people cant figure out the difference between the house of Israel and the house of Judah, and they share their ignorance everywhere they go.

But that will mean they will have to give up ribs and lobster and all sorts of other unclean food, keep the Sabbath, biblical calendar, and swap out Xmas and Easter for biblical Holy Days...Just easier to say that was for the Jews.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:46 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Or, why aren't Jews Christians? Let's turn this around. That's just as valid of a question.

This isn't a matter with focus and/or concerns directed only at Christians. The focus on Jews is just as relevant.

Looking from both directions, it is clear why they are separate groups with separate priorities and views. There are connections and similarities, but the difference in names and identifications are crucial. We can be thankful that we have a choice between the two, as well as a third choice - the Messianic crowd - that blends the two.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Actually, the "house of Israel"/Ephraim (Ezekiel 36:17) is still "scattered among the nations" (Ezekiel 36:19), and is still without the law and still practices Pagan rituals (Christianity), and will not be reunited with Judah (Ezekiel 37) until she is gathered out from all the lands, and returned to "your own land" (Ezekiel 36:24), at which time they will be given a new spirit and a heart of flesh, and will "observe My ordinances". (Ezekiel 36:27).
Except for the 7000 elect of the house of Israel, they are still lost, but they were not lost when Jesus came, and Jesus couldn't have possibly offered anyone a covenant without Ephraim being present, and Ephraim WAS present when the people living in the land of Joseph saw a great light, the people living in the land of darkness for 700 years had finally seen a light where Jesus added to the nation according to Isaiah, and that is what I mean.

If a Christian cannot understand this, it means that they are misunderstanding almost everything. Jesus was fulfilling so many prophesies concerning Ephraim and it is all lost and missunderstood because people don't know the difference in the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

A Gentile has ONE PROMISE.

Either they become Ephraim or they simply are not under the covenant Jesus brought for Ephraim and Judah.

This is what I am always saying, there are millions upon millions of Gentiles assuming they are under the covenant of Jesus when they couldn't possibly be under the New covenant of Jeremiah 31 because of the fact that they are neither Ephraim or Judah.

I am always trying to convet Christians to come under the covenant of Jesus by taking hold of the covenant and fulfilling the requirements to be grafted and adopted through the promise made to Ephraim.

These are not my promises, these are not my requirements but they do make perfect common sense.

A Hindu can follow all his ways and continue in Hinduism all his life, and all his life he can claim that he is under the new covenant of Jeremiah 31 all he wants and he can even believe it with all his heart, but belief is all he has because he simply is not a Jew, and he has one shot, one promise to be grafted through Ephraim, and he refuses but keeps saying,'' I am under the new covenant of Jeremiah 31 that God offers to Ephraim and Judah.

No he isn't, and neither are the milions of Christians claiming to be Israel, they are simply not Israel.

I asked this question yesterday,'' How can I witness to a Christian in order to talk him into accepting the New Covenant when he thinks he is already in the new covenant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity