Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 07:02 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,987,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
What exactly are the "teachings of fundamentalism", and exactly what are their "corrupted doctrines"?
In this instance it's anyone who is religious and doesn't endorse same-sex relations. Sometimes evolution is thrown in as well, no matter how many times various Christians confess they have no problem the evolution theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 07:54 AM

1,146 posts, read 641,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Funny question, huh?
Maybe that is what you want ...maybe you never thought about it...I dunno.
I am almost cursed with an in-born nature to teach.
Hahahahha. ...not everyone appreciates that ...lemme tellya!
If you want to teach - you have come to the wrong place.

These pages are places where rant lives supreme.

Every fool with an attitude voices his or her opinion here. The great problem is that those who have based their statements on fact and truth and historic evidence are disqualified by fools who only want to see their own words in print.

No one wants to learn here.

Everyone wants to spew their particular venom into the misty world of virtual insanity.

Fools rule these pages.

To be honest there are some who share truth and knowledge, but being inundated by a tsunami of ignorance and stupidity their words often fall on deaf ears and eyes.

Stupidity is not a virtue, but it's accepted and even defended in today's 'enlightened' society.

If you really and truly want to teach - find someone who wants to learn.

You won't find teachable people in American schools either. US kids have the attention span of a gnat. They are self-important, proud, ignorant fools. So I've been told by numerous professional teachers who have either submitted their resignation or are in the process of doing so. So I've learned through my own employment in a local State College. The national statistic of students who complete a mere two year degree program is less than 5% of those who begin the program. Americans are dumb as rocks and about as motivated as the walking dead they worship.

Find someone who is teachable. Good luck with that quest. I wish you well.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Old 01-01-2019, 09:15 AM

88,128 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
What exactly are the "teachings of fundamentalism", and exactly what are their "corrupted doctrines"?
It is a specific set of doctrines followed by a specific sector of Christianity:

https://www.theopedia.com/the-fundamentals

Old 01-01-2019, 02:02 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
If you want to teach - you have come to the wrong place.

These pages are places where rant lives supreme.

Every fool with an attitude voices his or her opinion here. The great problem is that those who have based their statements on fact and truth and historic evidence are disqualified by fools who only want to see their own words in print.

No one wants to learn here.

Everyone wants to spew their particular venom into the misty world of virtual insanity.

Fools rule these pages.

To be honest there are some who share truth and knowledge, but being inundated by a tsunami of ignorance and stupidity their words often fall on deaf ears and eyes.

Stupidity is not a virtue, but it's accepted and even defended in today's 'enlightened' society.

If you really and truly want to teach - find someone who wants to learn.

You won't find teachable people in American schools either. US kids have the attention span of a gnat. They are self-important, proud, ignorant fools. So I've been told by numerous professional teachers who have either submitted their resignation or are in the process of doing so. So I've learned through my own employment in a local State College. The national statistic of students who complete a mere two year degree program is less than 5% of those who begin the program. Americans are dumb as rocks and about as motivated as the walking dead they worship.

Find someone who is teachable. Good luck with that quest. I wish you well.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....
Learning is NOT memorizing words "written in ink" and pretending they are God's infallible utterances and parroting them to others as the Truth. Learning requires more intellectual effort than that. You accept contradictory things and pretend they do not contradict. That is blind acceptance NOT learning and they both can NOT certainly be Truth.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The gold and silver of Gods world is accurate doctrine. After 25 years of dead ends but persevering through denominations and useless traditions I found some grace teaching and right division.......and the Bible opened up wonderfully. The truth has been in the book all along, nobody has a secret knowledge, it's available to all. But all can't always see it or want it, throw in the fog of confusion from satan and it's almost impossible to get through to people. All I hope for is that .0002% will see it and get something from it, ALL worthwhile knowledge came as a gift from the Spirit, freely give it out to anybody that will listen......glory to GOD for the book He gave us.......maybe it will help a few.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Yet, you follow the traditional teachings of fundamentalism with their corrupted doctrines.
Quote:
It appears to me, that a lot of beliefs are destructive and have done nothing more than corrupt the heart and mind of people. I am always astonished by how many Christians believe in SATAN and a HELL of everlasting punishment, although never thoroughly studying the concept, but have merely allowed their brain to be hijacked through that of fundamentalist ideologies or religious beliefs that have been programmed into the host over time, and like a virus it consumes them.

The list is more extensive when you look at the overall beliefs of a religion. It is not one or two things, rather it’s a multitude of things that people have been brainwashed into believing; even though there is no rational reason for believing it. When a fundamentalist ideology inhabits a person’s thoughts - the mind is no longer (fully) in control, as the belief is controlling the reasoning processes to propagate itself (and sustain its survival). So, how do you reverse this brainwashing without facing reality? Or, questioning what it is you believe.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Learning is NOT memorizing words "written in ink" and pretending they are God's infallible utterances and parroting them to others as the Truth. Learning requires more intellectual effort than that. You accept contradictory things and pretend they do not contradict. That is blind acceptance NOT learning and they both can NOT certainly be Truth.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,225,633 times
Quote:
...fundamentalist ideologies or religious beliefs that have been programmed
into the host over time, and like a virus it consumes them.

... the belief is controlling the reasoning processes...
Like Mystic earlier, Well said....I never thought of it this way; apt description....and we know because we had the virus
at one time...if not you, Jerwade, your loved ones did as I recall.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:24 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Old 01-01-2019, 03:54 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
It appears to me, that a lot of beliefs are destructive and have done nothing more than corrupt the heart and mind of people. I am always astonished by how many Christians believe in SATAN and a HELL of everlasting punishment, although never thoroughly studying the concept, but have merely allowed their brain to be hijacked through that of fundamentalist ideologies or religious beliefs that have been programmed into the host over time, and like a virus it consumes them.

The list is more extensive when you look at the overall beliefs of a religion. It is not one or two things, rather it’s a multitude of things that people have been brainwashed into believing; even though there is no rational reason for believing it. When a fundamentalist ideology inhabits a person’s thoughts - the mind is no longer (fully) in control, as the belief is controlling the reasoning processes to propagate itself (and sustain its survival). So, how do you reverse this brainwashing without facing reality? Or, questioning what it is you believe.
I agree

Old 01-01-2019, 04:08 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Funny question, huh?
Maybe that is what you want ...maybe you never thought about it...I dunno.
I am almost cursed with an in-born nature to teach.
Hahahahha. ...not everyone appreciates that ...lemme tellya!
If you mean on this forum...... I have learnt a lot from this forum as I think about what everyone says, and look at all the scriptures that people quote then do my own searching checking both the old and new
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity