Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 485 times

Advertisements

This definition of faith is one I have been searching for all my life. it is a meaning of faith that has blessed my life brought me happiness and something regardless and no matter what deserves to be given to anyone and everyone searching for the definition of faith.

"Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance.

Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.
Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers."

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA[/url] - The definition of faith

The definition of faith is back and should be shared by anyone searching for this definitive definition of faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 07:25 PM

139 posts, read 67,201 times
Heaven is being in the presence of God, for those who love God, and enjoy being in fellowship with God.

I often ponder if Hell is being in/near the presence of God for those who hate God or have chosen not to walk in fellowship with God. Imagine the sorrow of being near, but not really in relationship, by your own choice.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:32 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,914,385 times
Hell is where we are.
Heaven is where we want to be.
God gives us the transportation.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:43 PM

31,374 posts, read 19,998,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
Hell is where we are.
Heaven is where we want to be.
God gives us the transportation.
Hell can be where we are.

So can heaven.

Depending on one's state of mind/being.

No god-thing necessary. Just awareness and a sense of perspective.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:08 AM

175 posts, read 74,890 times
Faith is 1 + 2:
1. Putting forth your best and most sincere effort, on the basis of your experiences, observations, studies, reflection and intuition, to determine what is True.

2. Living as though it were True, while accepting that it may not be.
This is all that anyone can do and is the only way you won't find yourself living in a state of cognitive dissonance - pretending to believe what your experiences, observations, studies, reflection and intuition tell you is not True.

The vast majority of people simply do not put forth the effort to determine what is True. They rely on some self-appointed expert to tell them or find a convenient or appealing landing spot for social/political/economic/cultural reasons without regard to whether it is True.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,193,098 times
Ah, faith....have you come up with the difference between faith and belief?
Took me a year of hearing there was a difference before I understood that one!

Old 01-02-2019, 11:40 AM

11,696 posts, read 3,551,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queerfaith View Post
Heaven is being in the presence of God, for those who love God, and enjoy being in fellowship with God.

I often ponder if Hell is being in/near the presence of God for those who hate God or have chosen not to walk in fellowship with God. Imagine the sorrow of being near, but not really in relationship, by your own choice.
I don’t get that from the scriptures at all, the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, etc and the spirit does all of God’s will and so once there is repentance there is forgiveness.

God doesn’t judge as a human does

Old 01-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 25 days ago)

20,362 posts, read 12,642,197 times
Faith is simply trust. The Christian trusts in God and what He has revealed to us.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Faith is simply trust. The Christian trusts in God and what He has revealed to us.
Yes it is

Old 01-02-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PouringVocals View Post
This definition of faith is one I have been searching for all my life. it is a meaning of faith that has blessed my life brought me happiness and something regardless and no matter what deserves to be given to anyone and everyone searching for the definition of faith.

"Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance.

Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.
Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The definition of faith

The definition of faith is back and should be shared by anyone searching for this definitive definition of faith.
I like this part and believe that is what is meant by this scripture

Mat 5:39 but I say to you, Do not resist the evil; but whoever strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other to him also.
Mat 5:40 And to him desiring to sue you, and to take your tunic, allow him also to have the coat.
Mat 5:41 And whoever shall compel you to go one mile, go two with him.
Mat 5:42 He asking you to give, and he wishing to borrow from you, do not turn away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity