U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM

949 posts, read 336,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Growing up I was always taught that the new covenant through Jesus did away with old dietary laws, shown in 1 Timothy 4:4 "For Every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it be recieved with thanksgiving." However, I have encountered many websites that say this is misinterpreted to mean that God is accepting of unclean foods when in reality God's law laid out in Leviticus has not changed. Can somebody help me out here?
No. They don't. Christ is the end of the Law. If you think you can be saved by obeying the Law, you are lost in your sin.

Abraham was justified by faith alone long before the Law was given, and he is thus the father of the faithful--both among the Jews and the Gentiles alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-05-2011, 12:08 AM

1 posts, read 428 times
What ever the Creator purposed into existence if one would search it out. One will find that there are consistent laws that are set up by the Great Law Giver... Homogenieous is one example which means like begets like this is found in Genesis 1 meaning every thing produces after its own kind. Jesus Christ even agrees when he mentions the fruit producing after its own kind as well.Moderator cut: delete..There are also the laws of planting which is to allow the ground to lay fallow for nourishing and replenishing itself purposes. If this is not done will can grow produce but it will be totally lacking in nutritional value....

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-05-2011 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: deleted the url solicitation

Unread 12-05-2011, 03:51 AM

2,254 posts, read 646,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
you got that completely wrong xxGreyFalconxx......what was being referred to was Peter had referred to the gentiles who had not come to belief in Messiah yet as "Unclean". YHVH (God's) desire was for Peter NOT to view them as unclean as they were still HIS children and worthy of knowing the truth in HIM. A gentile CAN become a believer and will then no longer be a gentile (biblical definition of lost, undone and without God). Note that the vessel was received up again into heaven after offering it 3 times and Peter did NOT eat of it. You missed the point of that scripture sorry...........
No, it is both talking of the Gentles and to the fact that the dietary laws were done away with. The dietary laws are not the Ten Commandments but the temporary ordinances as was circumcision and Temple sacrifices that have been done away with. The Gentles were accepted into the Kingdom even though they had always ate pork and they were not instructed to stop.

Unread 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM

949 posts, read 336,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Growing up I was always taught that the new covenant through Jesus did away with old dietary laws, shown in 1 Timothy 4:4 "For Every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it be recieved with thanksgiving." However, I have encountered many websites that say this is misinterpreted to mean that God is accepting of unclean foods when in reality God's law laid out in Leviticus has not changed. Can somebody help me out here?
Eat anything you want. We don't live under the Mosaic Law. Abraham, who existed prior to the Law of Moses, is the Father of all who are righteous. The Law was given to Israel for a time...but it is no longer in effect.

Jesus is the end of the Law for righteousness.

Rom 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Unread 12-09-2011, 11:41 PM

1 posts, read 594 times
Default The Father does not change...

The Father is not confused.. when He says something is an abomination it is just that.
You stated that every Mosaic law was done away with on the cross..you could not be farther from the truth.
Numbers 23:19 states the Father does not repent(change His mind).

You sound very similar to the serpent in the garden. Genesis 3:4 "Ye shall not surely die" going against the Fathers law. tsk tsk

You quoted ITimothy 4:4 but you failed to include vese "5" which states..
"For it is sanctified(set apart) by the word(law) of the Father and prayer.
Where can we find the word or law that sets food apart? Levitucus 11 & Deuteronomy 14.
Please read Matthew 5:17-19 whick speaks against the Satanic doctrine you are pushing.
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prohpets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till HEAVEAN and EARTH PASS, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Heaven and Earth are still here..so are the Father's laws.

The messiah was asked how does one attain eternal life? His response..
Matthew 19:16-17 and, behold one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? and he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is Yah: but if you wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Don't teach against the Father's commandments; leave that to the advesary Satan.

Those who attempt to persuade others to twist Paul's letters to fit their life of sin is not new;
IIPeter 3:15-16 even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as the do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction

Unread 12-10-2011, 02:12 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 1,395,206 times
I see you Christians are still fighting over the "LAW".
"But the natural man receivers not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14

Stop beating your selves up, if your stomach is your god, then feed the beast. Eat drink and be merry, but just be cognitive of this one thing. God is not mocked, whatsoever a man sows, that he shall reap.

You do have one other problem with scripture. Long before there was a Jew, some guy name Abraham, by faith obeyed God's laws and His commandments.

Quick question, do think God might have been on to something when told Israel not eat garbage disposals, blood and fat? With human science finally catching up, do you believe God knew what He was talking about and that He had humans best interests at hand?

So, if you are going to eat it, then just eat, but you really have no scripture to stand on by indulging in that pork chop, bloody steak or shrimp. And before one of start talking about everything can be eaten, I will agree as long as you can chew it and swallow it, then yes it can be eaten. But has it been sanctified by the word? And the only word Paul had was the Old Testament. So his arguments were always based on a thus says the word.

You know what? I thank God that He loves us so much that He has given us the best medical insurance plan available to mankind. And I thank God that He has given His only begotten Son to save us from sin, not so that we can sin. Isn't Good good?

God Bless

Unread 12-11-2011, 01:36 PM

463 posts, read 156,122 times
No.Scripture says;

"The words of the upright save them but the words of the wicked are a deadly ambush".

The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him incurs guilt.

Offer to God praise as a sacrifice, and fulfill your vows to the Most High, then call on me in your time of distress and I will rescue you, and you shall glorify me."

Those who offer praise as a sacrifice glorify me and to those who go the right way I will show the salvation of God."

The Lord is just in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

"You've been told what is good and what the Lord requires of you, only to do what is right ,love goodness and walk humbly with the Lord your God".

BK of JN;

"By your words you'll be forgiven or by your words you'll be condemned".

"Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him".

"Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I‘ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day, "

Unread 01-06-2013, 07:21 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,666,228 times
I'm Christian. My issue is with Jewish Orthodoxy regarding keeping Kosher is the rules about that say people must have two kitchens. Personally I don't think there's anything Biblical to the extreme of having 2 kitchens, and sets of dishes, silverware, ovens etc.

If you have meat on a plate on Monday and dairy on a plate on Wednesday...you have NOT mixed meat and dairy. And forgive me, I think it's just nonsense to say they you have. No more than having peas on a plate on Friday and corn on a plate on Sunday means you've mixed peas and corn. Not EATING meat and dairy together has nothing to do with having two kitchens.

When you wash colored clothes on Wed, and whites on Friday -- have you washed your dark clothes and whites together? -- uh -- no? You don't have two washing machines to keep them separate....or do you?

If I'm wrong please correct me. But is there anything in the BIBLE (old testament) that says one must have two sets of everything in a kitchen for meat and dairy....or was that religious leaders INTERPRETATION of how it should be done?

Unread 01-06-2013, 08:07 AM

8,515 posts, read 2,846,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
Eat anything you want. We don't live under the Mosaic Law. Abraham, who existed prior to the Law of Moses, is the Father of all who are righteous. The Law was given to Israel for a time...but it is no longer in effect.

Jesus is the end of the Law for righteousness.

Rom 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Or is He the goal?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity