Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 AM

37,186 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

I would imagine that Jesus looked a lot more like Saddam Hussein than George W. Bush or Barack Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 05:57 AM

124 posts, read 333,757 times
Default What if Jesus was a woman.

I think that would be a better question! The bible is such a male dominated woman hating book. It would be soooo much more interesting if Jesus had been a woman. Heck...how bout a black woman! Even better!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
I think that would be a better question! The bible is such a male dominated woman hating book. It would be soooo much more interesting if Jesus had been a woman. Heck...how bout a black woman! Even better!
Why?

Jesus didn't hate women.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:20 AM

124 posts, read 333,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Why?

Jesus didn't hate women.

No but them good ole boys in the O.T. sure did! And Paul was a control freak with them too! Jesus seemed like an okay kind of guy. Not like his old man in the O.T. But my point was to make the original question even more controversial by changing it from "what if Jesus was black" to "what if Jesus was a black woman."

Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,551,537 times
Wink Jesus, different than mainstream outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post

perhaps your option would be a good thread starter, for a new thread.

however, Jesus was a man. perhaps a good thread would be... would a christian still worship a religion if the main icon were female?

another good thread, if not already somewhere around here would be something about WHAT IF GOD were a FEMALE figure, rather than a MALE. - would it be something that would make a typical christian go over the deep end - if it were somehow proven that their god was female, could they continue worshipping hehehe. or would they go atheistic. HA! they'd just have to reinvent their paternalistic religion...

my kids think it's funny that i raised them on the premise that god

(they knew very well i was referencing the publicly & even in their public school acclaimed christian god cuz they had to sing "HE's got the whole world in HIS hands at school!)

COULD be male or female & we can't know cuz we can't see... they knew i leaned toward polytheism too but I never coerced my kids about theological subjects.

they shake their heads in disbelief when remembering the "in HIS hands" fiasco - how mad I was but I pick my battles carefully & didn't go to the school to complain. I just explained to my kids my take on it. hehehe!

if Jesus were black, he'd be ultra cool. he probably was black.

Kate

Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
I pray for the president for his protection,there are hits out on his life that we never hear about.
there are hits out on every president

Quote:
America don't love anymore,we love ourself and ourself only,they did not vote for him because they love him they voted for him for what he promised,
that`s why people vote for any president..promises..not because they love him. I have never voted for anybody because I love him.

Quote:
promises that he is trying to fulfill but congress is not allowing him.
most of congress would do anything he says. They are liberals like he is.

Quote:
It will be a cold day in hell before America vote for another black president,
Quote:
they had no choice but to vote for President Obama because the republicans did not have anyone strong enough to handle this load
There were plenty of choices before obama even got to that point. What about hillary and the rest of the candidates? You don`t think McCain was a viable candidate? A war hero and senator for years. Obama had virtually no experience but was elected anyway.Obama is treated like a rock star by the press and most of the country. But he is the president of the united states, not the black president of the united states. Like all presidents he will be criticized. He isn`t going to get a free pass on that. Noone ever has. Every president that has been in office since I have been alive gets criticized. There are always people that will not like your policies. Some are liberal, some are conservative. It`s just fundamental differences. Everytime people speak out against his policies,doesn`t mean they don`t like him because he is of color, good grief! You demean racism if you play the race card everytime someone of color is criticized. If you truly want a day, as king said, when race will not matter, then you have to stop crying racism at everything and look at obama as MAN. He is THE PRESIDENT...not the black president. When people of color speak out against a white president, does that mean they are racist? Unlike you, I see Obama as the president, not a black president. I only think about his color when people start making an issue about it. Then I just shake my head. Stop making race the issue. There will always be race problems in this country if everytime a person of color is criticized, it is deemed racism. Let him be criticized, respected,applauded, just like every other president. When you start throwing around the race card, you diminish him and the office. He deserves more than that. He will rise or fall based on his policies, just like every other president. But there will always be people who will play the race card when it benefits them in some way. I believe Obama is above that. He won`t try to use that as a crutch. Others should follow his example.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:56 PM

240 posts, read 437,292 times
Default It is what It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
there are hits out on every president

that`s why people vote for any president..promises..not because they love him. I have never voted for anybody because I love him.

most of congress would do anything he says. They are liberals like he is.

There were plenty of choices before obama even got to that point. What about hillary and the rest of the candidates? You don`t think McCain was a viable candidate? A war hero and senator for years. Obama had virtually no experience but was elected anyway.Obama is treated like a rock star by the press and most of the country. But he is the president of the united states, not the black president of the united states. Like all presidents he will be criticized. He isn`t going to get a free pass on that. Noone ever has. Every president that has been in office since I have been alive gets criticized. There are always people that will not like your policies. Some are liberal, some are conservative. It`s just fundamental differences. Everytime people speak out against his policies,doesn`t mean they don`t like him because he is of color, good grief! You demean racism if you play the race card everytime someone of color is criticized. If you truly want a day, as king said, when race will not matter, then you have to stop crying racism at everything and look at obama as MAN. He is THE PRESIDENT...not the black president. When people of color speak out against a white president, does that mean they are racist? Unlike you, I see Obama as the president, not a black president. I only think about his color when people start making an issue about it. Then I just shake my head. Stop making race the issue. There will always be race problems in this country if everytime a person of color is criticized, it is deemed racism. Let him be criticized, respected,applauded, just like every other president. When you start throwing around the race card, you diminish him and the office. He deserves more than that. He will rise or fall based on his policies, just like every other president. But there will always be people who will play the race card when it benefits them in some way. I believe Obama is above that. He won`t try to use that as a crutch. Others should follow his example.

Noone is playing the race card but facts are facts and if you was'nt so nieve you would open your eyes and see this thing in reality.You took a simple statement with a question and hyped it.You need to go back and read everything all over again and then step to me properly

Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Noone is playing the race card
You are playing the race card, but don`t want to admit it. You interject race into the question,you are playing the race card.

Quote:
but facts are facts and if you was'nt so nieve you would open your eyes and see this thing in reality.
If you would stop looking at Obama as a black president and start looking at him as THE president, you could get beyong your shallow thinking.
Quote:
You took a simple statement with a question and hyped it.
I didn`t hype anything. I answered your post point by point.

Quote:
You need to go back and read everything all over again and then step to me properly
Step to you properly? I answered your post point by point. Plain and simple. White people,black people, hispanic people Asian people all voted for Obama. He is the president of the United States. It has nothing to do with color. Are there prejudiced people in this country, of course. They cover all races, black and white. But this country as a whole has moved beyond that. Obama being elected proved that. The man will rise or fall based on his policies and not on the color of his skin,period. If you still want to make it about race, then maybe that says something about your heart. Anyway, I look at our president as A MAN and whether I believe in his policies as do most people. You can stay stuck in the past and listen to people who want to victimize you and hold you hostage to your race. With that said, I`m bowing out of this thread. Hopefully you will get beyond race at some point in your life.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM

208 posts, read 349,978 times
Quote:
they voted for President Obama because they thought he wouldbring us out of this recession they looked to him as the Messiah that was going to deliver them and now they say he has plunged us into trillions of dollars more in debt they want that negro out. Personally I voted for him for one reason only to make history happen but I knew that he could not turn this economy around it is going to take America falling downon their knees and praying to God.
I pray for the president for his protection,there are hits out on his life that we never hear about.America don't love anymore,we love ourself and ourself only,they did not vote for him because they love him they voted for him for what he promised,promises that he is trying to fulfill but congress is not allowing him.
It will be a cold day in hell before America vote for another black president,they had no choice but to vote for President Obama because the republicans did not have anyone strong enough to handle this load

i agree with you.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times
Color just has no bearing on beliefs..
God is Love and that has no color
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity