Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 06:42 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
communion is always offered at a nuptial mass and is a wonderful way for catholics to join in a union with christ.

my only wish would be that it is available to all Christians that wish to participate catholic or other Christian denomination
I agree.. it is a wonderful way to Share /commune with your community.. and make you wedding about more than just a very expensive party time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
communion is always offered at a nuptial mass and is a wonderful way for catholics to join in a union with christ.

my only wish would be that it is available to all Christians that wish to participate catholic or other Christian denomination
though I am not catholic I would still take communion at a wedding.. because I know what the root of it is in a wedding . and I would honor the couple's covenant to those they love...and are calling family.. the whole meal does it also.. but the meal is just an extenuation of communion.
and why there is a toast with wine and or prayer before the meal.

communion is just a mini passover meal.. here is where the tradition started... passover was first kind of weddings dinners God made with men.....

https://www.chosenpeople.com/site/th...g-of-passover/

along with the wine.. you have the

Quote:
Afikomen
A very curious tradition now takes place. At the table is a bag with three compartments and three pieces of matzah. The middle piece of matzah is taken out, broken, and half is put back into the bag. The other half is wrapped in a linen napkin and hidden, to be taken out later, after the meal.

the napkin is one peice of fabric folded to make three compartments.. the center one is broken .. ( read the link ) ps it is a burial cloth and who was broken? the son.. but all three of " God " shared in all of it..

the rest of the story of what it done is in that link...

just a hint and how some do it....... the other peice of it is wrapped in linen and hidden and the smallest of children( usually a son ) have to go and find it ... that son then negotiate a prize / a present from the Father of the house... a prize for all the children present.

and

it is kind of a mini-sabbath meal..

it is just a mini meal. I suspect in time it became really tiny meals because of peoples abuse of it.
the poor were just there to eat the bread and saving nothing for the others? maybe?
or something like that would make folks change some traditions because of the expense of serving a full meal if people were abusing it.

so all who did the first passover had the blood to put on their doorposts to save their first born sons..
and these were those who willingly did as asked..a covenant of protection.... and everyone they loved was invited that night to stay in their homes.. homes which were in covenant.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-05-2019 at 07:38 PM..

Old 02-05-2019, 08:27 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Now that I think about it, I might get offended at this actually. I'm not the kind who usually likes to take communion anyway. I don't like a preacher forcing me to "drink the Koolaid" when he says Go! There are some cool rituals associated with religion, but sometimes I think people are too forceful about these things. I actually left a church once and it was partly because they expected me to take communion whenever they had it. No go.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:01 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I tried to question this towards Catholics, which I guess made my question confusing. I meant to ask this of Catholics. But I kind of drifted unfortunately. I should have stayed focused.

I would rephrase it this way:

"Is it common to have Communion at Catholic weddings?"
Catholics can have a Catholic wedding without the Mass. If it is just the wedding without the Mass there won't be communion/Eucharist. It's hard to say whether it's common or not. Many Catholics marry other Catholics, so in that case if both families are Catholic, they will almost certainly have a wedding Mass. If it's a mixed marriage (one non-Catholic spouse), it's probably 50-50. If one of the spouses is a devout, practicing Catholic, they will probably want to have the Wedding Mass. If the Catholic spouse is not really practicing and is having the wedding in the Church for tradition, they will likely not have the wedding Mass with communion.

If there will be lots of non-Catholic guests in attendance, the couple may elect to just have the wedding without Mass, since the non-Catholics wouldn't be able to receive the Eucharist/communion.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I tried to question this towards Catholics, which I guess made my question confusing. I meant to ask this of Catholics. But I kind of drifted unfortunately. I should have stayed focused.

I would rephrase it this way:

"Is it common to have Communion at Catholic weddings?"
since you were speaking to me I will respond. But I wouldn't normally say this about Catholicism to a catholic. Because I know plenty of Christians who go to Catholic churches and love all Christians.. .. so I don't have issues with the people who are Jesus's people ..

But the Catholicism does not own and nor did it invent communion and it certainly did not invent covenants..

God invented it at Passover so if it is anyone's to control it is God's only to Control who does and who doesn't ( as that is why there is a sort of curse associated to abuse of it , because He wanted to control it !! ) .. and then as far as men and passover.... next up is maybe the Jews to control who is in convenant with them as far as passover .

then what it has become as far mini passovers meals is maybe kind of just Christians to control ( But his wouldn't control it and will allow God do it) ,

But then Yes kissing the ring and such is catholicisms to control ..

I would never kiss the ring unless placing my spirutal life in their control....

But breaking bread and all kinds of convanents since the first passover .. then Mount Sinai ( and the 70 elders went to eat there with Jehovah ) communion is how God makes covenants and witnesses covenants between people....Jesus /Jehovah is a man ..

the the Afencomen alone proves that the man part of Jesus is who died on that cross.. his " holy" part / the other half)strayed wrapped in the cloth with the Father and the Spirit .. Just the man parts died for us .. communion is about covenants between men..Our God is a man a son of a king .. with the Father as his right arm..

But Yes kissing the ring is Catholics to control. as they kiss the ring they are no doubt submitting themselves to the control of the Catholic religion. But that has nothing to do with God's covenants with men and between men or between himself and other men.

.But that peice of bread isn't theirs to control! and the wine isn't theirs to control ! the blood of Jesus isn't theirs to control. and the body of Jesus isn't theirs to control.
SO covenants and thus communion isn't theirs to control.
and a wedding is about covenants between people and their community and each other and their family and friends and all people they love ..
then if they kiss the ring maybe their church..

but that peice a bread will not stop a real Christian who Loves their Lord Jesus if He tells to go someplace else to church, because the covenant with Jesus body is with Jesus .. that peice of bread will not stop them from obeying the Lord as it should not .. They did not marry that religion.. but each other and each other's families.
they may go to another church one day and stop kissing rings..

God the Son of Man, a Man ... controls who takes communion, not Catholicism. They can not control the body and blood of Christ.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-06-2019 at 09:27 AM..

Old 02-06-2019, 09:32 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Some weddings and receptions have no alcohol, and yet some communions include wine. So communion + wine might be the only way to get in some liquid joy at a wedding. Go for it! Make communion be 50% of the wedding. Jesus and the twelve often enjoyed wine together with their evening meals, and the Last Supper included communion. Think of this as a "first supper", and new life together as a couple.

In the end, people and couples should do what they want. Screw the petty who can't handle people doing and thinking different from themselves. If I was putting together a wedding, and someone complained about communion being a part of it, I'd just ramp up that part of the ceremony.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:06 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
And as long as you did not insult members of the current community by denying them participation I would not fault you. Unfortunately it is characteristic of many denominations.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:52 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
All they have to do is draw their own circle...

explain--'not getting your response

Old 02-06-2019, 01:03 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
though I am not catholic I would still take communion at a wedding.. because I know what the root of it is in a wedding . and I would honor the couple's covenant to those they love...and are calling family.. the whole meal does it also.. but the meal is just an extenuation of communion.
and why there is a toast with wine and or prayer before the meal.

communion is just a mini passover meal.. here is where the tradition started... passover was first kind of weddings dinners God made with men.....

https://www.chosenpeople.com/site/th...g-of-passover/

along with the wine.. you have the

the napkin is one peice of fabric folded to make three compartments.. the center one is broken .. ( read the link ) ps it is a burial cloth and who was broken? the son.. but all three of " God " shared in all of it..

the rest of the story of what it done is in that link...

just a hint and how some do it....... the other peice of it is wrapped in linen and hidden and the smallest of children( usually a son ) have to go and find it ... that son then negotiate a prize / a present from the Father of the house... a prize for all the children present.

and

it is kind of a mini-sabbath meal..

it is just a mini meal. I suspect in time it became really tiny meals because of peoples abuse of it.
the poor were just there to eat the bread and saving nothing for the others? maybe?
or something like that would make folks change some traditions because of the expense of serving a full meal if people were abusing it.

so all who did the first passover had the blood to put on their doorposts to save their first born sons..
and these were those who willingly did as asked..a covenant of protection.... and everyone they loved was invited that night to stay in their homes.. homes which were in covenant.
I think it is wonderful you would take communion at mass.My sister in law (baptist)did
I wish catholicism was accepting of all Christians .

As for myself,I participated in passover,seder,all jewish special times .

I also talk about Jesus as a Jewish man in my catholic religious education classes (geared to age appropriate)

So far have not been reprimanded (through grace of God /Yahweh)

Old 02-06-2019, 02:32 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
explain--'not getting your response
I am not required to go by their rules. I can name my own "community"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity