Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 03:57 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If it was a lifestyle then you made the choice, but many are born the way they are without making the choice of who they are attracted to, anymore than that of a heterosexual. So, maybe you did sin against your natural inclination to be heterosexual.
Or they are bisexual.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:09 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Or they are bisexual.

You're going to make the fundies' heads explode.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
so, how do you feel about shrimp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Do you wear mixed fabrics? Ever eaten shrimp? Ever sat where a menstruating woman previously sat?
Based on the link he posted, I think his argument will be that only certain parts of the OT law still apply. Those parts include prohibitions against sexual sins. He apparently does not know that the passages in the OT that some people use to condemn homosexuals are actually referring to temple prostitution, not same sex committed relationships.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:14 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,392,044 times
Quote:
Do you wear mixed fabrics? Ever eaten shrimp? Ever sat where a menstruating woman previously sat?
What is the purpose of the Old Testament? We are told that the Jews are God's chosen people. What makes them such? In fact, they were destined to be the nation from which the entirety of mankind could be delivered the Messiah. To that end, there were certain restrictions that God imposed on His people, which were fulfilled by the Blood of Christ. That is, we are in the era of a New Covenant. In fact, ours is the Age of Grace. Some of these strictures were rather pragmatic and were influenced by God's divine wisdom. They existed so that Jesus, our Lord and Savior, could be delivered to all of us.

The admonition against homosexuality is not merely pragmatic. It's categorical. Judgment against it is repeated in the New Testament. But, because we are in the Age of Grace now, the punishment for it is no longer death. God does call sinners of EVERY variety in our present Age of Grace to receive His grace, to repent, and to find Him.

Case in point, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was unforgivable while Christ was among us on the earth. The Pharisees SAW God Himself, and knew beyond any doubt that Jesus was Lord, and rejected Him. In contrast, since the time of the Pentecost, we walk in the Holy Spirit by faith rather than by sight. Ergo, anyone who fears they may have blasphemed the Holy Spirit (and there are many who have this fear) should rest assured, because that sin is impossible to commit in our Age of Grace. The Pharisees saw by light (LITERAL light), and turned away. We see God through faith, which is exactly the opposite way.

None of us has ever seen God. And, as born again believers, we will not until we are delivered to Him, whether by Uppertaker or undertaker.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:32 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
What is the purpose of the Old Testament? We are told that the Jews are God's chosen people. What makes them such? In fact, they were destined to be the nation from which the entirety of mankind could be delivered the Messiah. To that end, there were certain restrictions that God imposed on His people, which were fulfilled by the Blood of Christ. That is, we are in the era of a New Covenant. In fact, ours is the Age of Grace. Some of these strictures were rather pragmatic and were influenced by God's divine wisdom. They existed so that Jesus, our Lord and Savior, could be delivered to all of us.

The admonition against homosexuality is not merely pragmatic. It's categorical. Judgment against it is repeated in the New Testament. But, because we are in the Age of Grace now, the punishment for it is no longer death. God does call sinners of EVERY variety in our present Age of Grace to receive His grace, to repent, and to find Him.

Case in point, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was unforgivable while Christ was among us on the earth. The Pharisees SAW God Himself, and knew beyond any doubt that Jesus was Lord, and rejected Him. In contrast, since the time of the Pentecost, we walk in the Holy Spirit by faith rather than by sight. Ergo, anyone who fears they may have blasphemed the Holy Spirit (and there are many who have this fear) should rest assured, because that sin is impossible to commit in our Age of Grace. The Pharisees saw by light (LITERAL light), and turned away. We see God through faith, which is exactly the opposite way.

None of us has ever seen God. And, as born again believers, we will not until we are delivered to Him, whether by Uppertaker or undertaker.

I will continue to hope you awaken one day to full acceptance of your true self.

And further, I hope before your expiration date you find a loving partner with whom to share lives.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I will continue to hope you awaken one day to full acceptance of your true self.

And further, I hope before your expiration date you find a loving partner with whom to share lives.

There's something about certain types of Christian thinking that leads people to the need to suffer through self-flagellation by denying themselves of something that God never asks them to deny. It appeals to a sense of pride, ironically enough, because it makes them feel that they've done something to deserve God's favor.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:53 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,290,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Forgot slander. Big time sin, which means if you're right (you're not, but whatevs) you'd burn too. If there were a hell.

If you think I'm going to let you take some verses out of context, and rip my life apart without so much as a peep, you are greatly mistaken. Nah, fam. Not today. Not ever.

You don't know a freaking thing about me, but you dare to judge my character and think you know everything you need to know about me based on a book. A book I am not even in. You have no clue who utterly repugnant you are.

As for adultery, being a cheater is not an inborn trait. Being lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender is.

Cheating on a spouse is cowardly and selfish. It has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Incest is the same as above. Not an inborn trait. In fact, we are wired not to be that way. But if you want to bang your sister. Or brother. I'm not going to judge you, and rip your life apart, the way you just did me. Knock yourself out.
They love you. They just want you to be a totally different person in order to do so. 😡

Old 02-09-2019, 05:07 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,494,836 times
man, could you imagine if the fundy's knew they could use medicine to stop some gay activity, they would be forcing it on us all.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:19 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,820,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Oh, I do accept it. The Lord saddled me with more temptation than most, and showed me the Way even in spite of it! THAT is the beauty of God's love. And it's also precisely why homosexuality is intrinsically disordered.

What's wrong with a stable gay relationship? | Living Out

There is no disorder. LGBT+ people are born the way we are.

During the intrauterine period the fetal brain develops in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in transsexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain. There is no proof that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19403051

Quote:
It is not uncommon for homosexual men to express relief at the fact that they do not have to deal with women. Not uncommon at all.

Absolute bull****. Complete, absolute, utter bull****. Where the hell do you people get this crap? I really want to know. The gay men in my life, love the women in theirs. And have no problem whatsover "dealing" with them.

Quote:
It is NOT an egalitarian relationship. Never was, and never will be.

You don't know a damn thing about other people's relationships. Not a damn thing. Unless you're a voyeur. Are you a voyeur?

Old 02-09-2019, 05:28 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,820,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
They love you. They just want you to be a totally different person in order to do so. 😡

I'd rather not be loved like that. I prefer to live the way God made me to be. Which is how I'm trying to live, my occasional expletive laden rants notwithstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity