Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 06:01 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, rem I do not call myself a Christian...and do not tell people they are going to hell...nor care if they are even atheists...nor
preach Bible verses to non believers expecting any change in them to happen...
(I quote verses that are pertinent to me...pls don't misunderstand my point.)

Knowing many Evangelicals and counseling them...yes, I act like Jesus more than they do, by grace, with
deliberate effort and intentional, diligent practice...and if more would simply do what
Jesus said to do ...I would be counseling no Christians! There would be no need.
Do the 'formula' Jesus gave and Voila!
Seems like you are committing the same sin you accuse others of-JUDGEMENT, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 06:11 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No. When someone comes to you in turmoil, needs counseling ....and they are not following the advice
Jesus gave ...so are now in a pickle of their own making...that is not judgment, as was every masters' advice not to do.
That is simply, 'what it is'.
Judgment is commonly misunderstood....if I say,
"That is a bad crop of corn...you didn't water it enough"..is that the judgment
you think Jesus meant? No.

Judgment would be placing yourself higher than they are saying they are stupid and going to hell and on and on...rather than helping your brother out of his mess.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Do you not support the laws, police, district attorneys, and judges in your district, jimmiej?

You and your ilk judge people all the time.

How many gay and/or female preachers are welcome in your church, jimmiej?

Exactly...none.

I judge you and other fundies of being guilty of determined ignorance and sentence you to a long, long, long, very-very long, look in the mirror after wheezing your last.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:27 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Miss H, do you act like Jesus?
Do you act like jesus and hate homosexuals jimmiej?

Old 02-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
No. When someone comes to you in turmoil, needs counseling ....and they are not following the advice
Jesus gave ...so are now in a pickle of their own making...that is not judgment, as was every masters' advice not to do.
That is simply, 'what it is'.
Judgment is commonly misunderstood....if I say,
"That is a bad crop of corn...you didn't water it enough"..is that the judgment
you think Jesus meant? No.

Judgment would be placing yourself higher than they are saying they are stupid and going to hell and on and on...rather than helping your brother out of his mess.
You said you acted more like Jesus than evangelicals. That’s not “placing yourself higher”?

Old 02-09-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Do you act like jesus and hate homosexuals jimmiej?
Oh for Pete's sake, this isn't a thread that is open season on Christians
to mock or confront them.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
You said you acted more like Jesus than evangelicals. That’s not “placing yourself higher”?
I'm following what Jesus advised and they are not and I advise them to,
because in doing that, they will be MUCH happier
and not have their problems and confusions. Voila!
If you think that is saying I am higher than them, thus, judging them...that would not be the case. However, think what you want.

Btw, I am not saying here atheists need to do what Jesus said to...only those that want to...but, forget and need some inspiration.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:01 PM

''acting like Jesus more than they do'....jimmie...you are not looking at this correctly.

If I say I am doing the homework I was told to do ....and they are not...
This is a fact ...it is not saying I am higher; there is no judgment as Jesus was referring to judging.
I am happier for doing the homework...and when they do it, they also will be happier...and won't be coming to me for advice....just do the homework.

Has this become some attack on me, now? What is your purpose asking me all this stuff?
Do you have some point?

Old 02-09-2019, 07:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
When you have to compare yourself to anyone never mind the evangelical you are shallow. Thank God i'm not like that new ager who refuses to condemn homosexuality.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
''acting like Jesus more than they do'....jimmie...you are not looking at this correctly.

If I say I am doing the homework I was told to do ....and they are not...
This is a fact ...it is not saying I am higher; there is no judgment as Jesus was referring to judging.
I am happier for doing the homework...and when they do it, they also will be happier...and won't be coming to me for advice....just do the homework.

Has this become some attack on me, now? What is your purpose asking me all this stuff?
Do you have some point?
My point is you think more highly of yourself than others, pointing out certain Christians lack of a proper spiritual walk, something that is condemned when others do the same. Just look at the homosexual thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity