Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:58 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Christians could answer this..what do you think are a couple of main 'concerns' for you?
What are a couple things that you care about mostly?
I'm thinking, and please correct me, and they are diff for people, of course;
1, would be wanting to go to Heaven...one might also say it as, 'avoid hell'?
Another, to spread the message of Jesus...however they interpret that; the great commission?

Are there others for you? Please, this is like a fact finding idea. Snark and confrontation
from others runs a'plenty on other debate threads...let's take a break here.
Thanks
I am not worried about Heaven. I am saved and that part is done.

I do not spread the message of Jesus because I respect other faiths/lack of faith.

I do daily struggle with right and wrong, in the sense that some things I have no way of knowing and only God does.

Random aside: I enjoy learning about other faiths and other 'brands' of Christianity. Christian Scientists (not to be confused with Scientology' do not pray to ask for anything. God has given us EVERYTHING. They pray to be more in tune with their spirit, which is being in tune with God. I think that is very cool, though I do not profess proficiency in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 07:19 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Whassup with that?
I think I have an idea why?
You?

I mean it, what the heck is goin' on there anyway?
I don't see it as so hard to do.
Bad seeds. Weeds in the garden.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:23 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Bad seeds. Weeds in the garden.
Oh....right...of course.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:24 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
There are also Christians who have had a rough time of it themselves and having nothing to do with religion, learned to keep to themselves. People who have been taken advantage of, abused, etc. Christians encompass many different types of people with their own life experiences and challenges and traumas and so forth.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post

Overall, they have no visibility into themselves and the ways of their kind, and the hypocrisy they live by. Instead of being repulsed and sickened, they just roll on, continuing to "return to their vomit" (as Jesus said), oblivious to it all.

I've long since abandoned depending on labels like "Christian" to mean anything. People can use whatever word they want, or better yet, use no labels at all. The only things that can be depended on are one's actions and words. Those come from the mind and heart. Only those reveal the person. A true Christian never needs to say that word or depend on it. Their life shows the similarity to Christ, and no label or word can top that.
I agree. It is possible that people in this condition do not know there is anything wrong with them, or they do, but are spiritually bound. What I mean is the way some people lie so much that they actually believe their own lies - even huge lies that are obviously untrue. I used to think it was so weird that we humans can deceive ourselves willingly, but even the scriptures speak to this condition.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
There are also Christians who have had a rough time of it themselves and having nothing to do with religion, learned to keep to themselves. People who have been taken advantage of, abused, etc. Christians encompass many different types of people with their own life experiences and challenges and traumas and so forth.
This is true. You never really know how much fear and pain a person may be dealing with deep down. I see the entire human race as the mangled body of Christ crucified. I see some people as being risen with him. All will rise.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:59 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Sorry, I help those that would like my help IF they feel
they are just doing the motions and would like assistance to feel the love again.

This is not a thread for you so...take care.
It may be a very short thread!! And that's ok with me!
This thread is nothing but liberals bashing others. When it’s the other way around, it’s considered judging.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I agree. It is possible that people in this condition do not know there is anything wrong with them, or they do, but are spiritually bound. What I mean is the way some people lie so much that they actually believe their own lies - even huge lies that are obviously untrue. I used to think it was so weird that we humans can deceive ourselves willingly, but even the scriptures speak to this condition.
Thoreau nailed it. To most of them it is about having "the right" religious beliefs rather than a way of life.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I really like your posts. I think I mostly know you from the TV section.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 AM

What I see from my many friends I talk to and also I glean from here and other forums...
People are thinking to act 'good'....to try to be 'good' is a bit tough, ha ....this 'loving of our neighbor'
doesn't come so easily, let alone loving our own husband!

I suggest to my friends to "Stop nagging and yelling and
start talking with him with forgiveness and
understanding, stop taking it so personally that he doesn't lift a finger to help...get to
the real issue...that is love.'

When we have experienced God's Love personally...that's when 'being good like Jesus' comes naturally. Yay!
There isn't so much 'trying'...and then failing, clanging like cymbals.

So, my point is...seek that Kingdom first, seek a direct exp of God's Love...be filled with that ...
instead of running on an empty tank.

That is what I see: Christian's running on an empty tank., change the oil...cuz there are smelly fumes chugging along.
Again, observation and suggestion...not bashing...Christians need encouragement,
ha, I mean some Christians...to be still, don't proceed with your day until you
feeeeel God's Love within..take that time daily...and don't stop till you
naturally have a beam on your face to go on into your day.

Now, was that so bad to hear? Feel God's Love first and then that will project to others what
you have wanted to all along. What could be better than that !?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity