Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
This thread is nothing but liberals bashing others. When it’s the other way around, it’s considered judging.
I am a liberal and I don't bash everything religion.

I do take serous issue with teaching people its ok to take a person died, rose,and flew away for our sins on blind faith.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 05:33 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am a liberal and I don't bash everything religion.

I do take serous issue with teaching people its ok to take a person died, rose,and flew away for our sins on blind faith.

Blind faith? We have records of hundreds of witnesses.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:

Can you bring forth these hundreds of witnesses and their names and addresses so I can check out their story?

Otherwise you have bunk

Old 02-11-2019, 06:11 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Whassup with that?
I think I have an idea why?
You?

I mean it, what the heck is goin' on there anyway?
I don't see it as so hard to do.
Whether a person acts like a Christian or not isn't for you or anyone to decide. It's for the Lord of Hosts to judge.

If a person says they are a Christian, then they ought to be treated as such even if they don't perform the actions you define as religious.

I once knew a man who was a liar, conceited beyond reason, outwardly religious and a back stabbing traitor to anyone he knew. If people who knew him saw him walking down the street they'd cross to the other side to avoid having to say hello. If he asked a favor of anyone they would deny him. He was a snake, a gossip and a man devoid of even the most superficial appearance of Christianity.

Yet he was indeed a Christian.

I knew a man who was lecturing that loser on his lack of Christian character. In the midst of the lecture he saw the spirit of Christ within that nasty man. The lecturer could no longer assume the process of sanctification was toothless. God had the filthy man in His hand and would deal with him in due course of time.

Yes, that poor excuse of a Christian who appeared to be less of a disciple than the most vehement atheist you can name, was indeed blessed by the second birth. He was indeed a Christian.

I have forgiven him of all the nasty things he had done against me and my wife, but I still won't trust him. Neither would you if you'd ever met him. I wish him no injury from anyone because he is in God's care. That doesn't mean he would get any help from me, though. He had a way of twisting favors granted to him so that they became bitter in the mouth of the giver. I forgive him 490 sins, but will not allow him the opportunity to commit the 491st upon me or my wife. Neither would you. It's Biblical treatment, by the way. Look it up.

He may change in time. If he doesn't he shall wander in the desert land of the living, like the ancient Hebrews, without ever seeing or arriving at that pleasant situation God may have intended for him on earth.

Consider this also. Christians who do not get real serious about trusting and obeying their Lord may suffer the deprivations of earth God did not intend.

But it is not for us to hasten such ends for anyone. It is between them and their Lord.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 02-11-2019 at 06:19 AM..

Old 02-11-2019, 06:52 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Seems like you are committing the same sin you accuse others of-JUDGEMENT, no?
Looks like just another thread with someone saying "I act more like Jesus than those other people".

‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this evangelical. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

Old 02-11-2019, 06:57 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
You have hundreds of witnesses of a dude dying, raising, and flying away? we have billions that haven't seen that event ... ever. So you have ten to the two and others have ten to the ninth.

whos blind faith is more reasonable?

Old 02-11-2019, 08:07 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
You have hundreds of witnesses of a dude dying, raising, and flying away? we have billions that haven't seen that event ... ever. So you have ten to the two and others have ten to the ninth.

whos blind faith is more reasonable?
If you don’t witness an event but others do, did it happen?

Old 02-11-2019, 09:10 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
LOL.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:19 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
In the bible. Where else?

Old 02-11-2019, 09:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Ok, I said my peace at the end of page 6.
Do your usual thing now...if anyone posts me, I won't be seeing it here.

Track announcer: "Aaaand they're off..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity