Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 11:20 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
You didn't really answer my question. What are you doing, as regards to what "Jesus" said, and what are you not doing according to what he said? What you are thinking is somewhat irrelevant unless it leads to an action, such as actually "doing". As in regards to what he said, (Matthew 19:17), do you "keep the commandments", or are you as a follower of Paul, believe you have been "released from the Law"? Your quotes were from the false prophet Paul, not " Jesus". If you can't differentiate the two, I can see how you could be confused.
What commandments would those be? (You are not bound to the law, if you have not broken it?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 11:23 AM

1,382 posts, read 761,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
When I was a Christian I came to understand there was no “second coming” (find that term in the Bible if you can ), but rather the individually experienced revelation of Christ within. I still see it that way.
Traditions can be hard to break.

Ezekiel 37:15-28 24“My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25“They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever. 26“I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever. 27“My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28“And the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.”’

Old 02-20-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Believing in the rapture and/or second coming (both future events) does not proclude one from growing in Christ.
The rapture is not a future event for we will be carried to a higher place, even while we yet live.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What commandments would those be? (You are not bound to the law, if you have not broken it?)
Yeshua listed the commandments with respect to loving your neighbor (Matthew 19:18-19). Well if you haven't broken any commandments, congratulations, then you "surely shall not die" for "everyone dies for their own iniquity". Excuse me if I don't wait around until you happen to die, and dispel your myth.

Matthew 19:18 Then he said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS; 19HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

Old 02-20-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
The rapture is not a future event for we will be carried to a higher place, even while we yet live.
And who are "we"? And as for the walking dead, declaring they "yet live", seems to be a contradiction.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:36 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
You didn't really answer my question. What are you doing, as regards to what "Jesus" said, and what are you not doing according to what he said? What you are thinking is somewhat irrelevant unless it leads to an action, such as actually "doing". As in regards to what he said, (Matthew 19:17), do you "keep the commandments", or are you as a follower of Paul, believe you have been "released from the Law"? Your quotes were from the false prophet Paul, not " Jesus". If you can't differentiate the two, I can see how you could be confused.
I did answer the question, becoming what he taught. As a man thinks about Jesus Christ so is he. Give over with calling Paul a false prophet, he's no more a false prophet than you are. It is not his fault fundamentalists rehashed what he taught.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeshua listed the commandments with respect to loving your neighbor (Matthew 19:18-19). Well if you haven't broken any commandments, congratulations, then you "surely shall not die" for "everyone dies for their own iniquity". Excuse me if I don't wait around until you happen to die, and dispel your myth.

Matthew 19:18 Then he said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS; 19HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”
The law is there to guide you, not condemn you.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And who are "we"? And as for the walking dead, declaring they "yet live", seems to be a contradiction.
It takes time for humanity (people) to grow and mature, but with some people that process just takes longer.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:54 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
The religions involved were the "harlot daughters of Babylon", which included the Jews, who worshiped the sun god Bel/Marduk, and the Romans, who worship the sun god Apollo/Sol Invictus/Bel, and the Constantine's "Christians" who worshipped the sun gold Sol Invictus (birthday on 25 December, whose day of worship is the day of the sun/Sunday), and the queen of heaven Ishtar/Easter.
It wasn't/isn't about which religions, but about the mindset of condemnation and separation from God.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:02 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
Traditions can be hard to break.... <snipped>

True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity