Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 07:22 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Death.
It was when you took the mark.
Your heart has no letter per chamber.
I can read and write crazy, too.

Silence.
You've spoken in the language of the morning star.
Your soul sees no rabbit in the sky.

But the big difference between us is that I know how to spell "pinnacle".

Old 03-13-2019, 08:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I can read and write crazy, too.

Silence.
You've spoken in the language of the morning star.
Your soul sees no rabbit in the sky.

But the big difference between us is that I know how to spell "pinnacle".
If you find one nun it is enough.

If you divide the syllables equally you will find the name to be sheer and benign.

Blessings Always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 08:07 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
If you find one nun it is enough.

If you divide the syllables equally you will find a the name to be sheer and benign.

Blessings Always.
Do you like nuns?

Here is a story.

I used to go to a restaurant in Paterson, NJ, called Patsy's. It was in the back of a bar where the firefighters hung out, and they served good, cheap Italian food with dark wine in carafes that turned your teeth purple.

One night I was eating there with my family, and we saw the servers pushing tables together. Soon the back door opened, and in walked about eight nuns in full habit. The "sisters" were apparently regulars, and the waitresses busied themselves making sure they were comfortable.

Those nuns knocked back that purple wine, laughing and eating and telling stories.

Brides of Christ, having a good time.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Do you like nuns?

Here is a story.

I used to go to a restaurant in Paterson, NJ, called Patsy's. It was in the back of a bar where the firefighters hung out, and they served good, cheap Italian food with dark wine in carafes that turned your teeth purple.

One night I was eating there with my family, and we saw the servers pushing tables together. Soon the back door opened, and in walked about eight nuns in full habit. The "sisters" were apparently regulars, and the waitresses busied themselves making sure they were comfortable.

Those nuns knocked back that purple wine, laughing and eating and telling stories.

Brides of Christ, having a good time.
Nun,
The letter is far more important than you realize.
And it shows in your lack of knowledge.

It is a very special letter. Especially to the women of the house of Yisrayl..

Forget everything you cursed.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:39 PM

There are those who have known all along.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
There are those who have known all along.
There are those who have deluded themselves and and seek to delude others. Some of us recognize them.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:18 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Your Christian brothers and sisters would disagree with you.
Dear Diesel: perhaps you could expand a mite on what exactly my Christian brothers & sisters are in disagreement?

Is the work of Jesus Christ, the Last Adam "all the more" or less than Adam1?

Old 03-16-2019, 08:00 AM

Dear Diesel: Perhaps my brothers and sisters are in disagreement with the Apostles word regarding the extent of the Masters reconciliation?

"He is the propitiation for our sins & not for our sins ONLY, but for the sins of the whole world."

"God's care for us is more watchful and more tender than the care of any human father could possibly be." -Hannah Whitall Smith-

"Put together all the tenderest love you know of, multiply it by infinity, and you will begin to see glimpses of the love and grace of God." -Hannah Whitall Smith-

Old 03-16-2019, 05:54 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Diesel: Perhaps my brothers and sisters are in disagreement with the Apostles word regarding the extent of the Masters reconciliation?

"He is the propitiation for our sins & not for our sins ONLY, but for the sins of the whole world."
I hesitate to reply to your wonderful posts, Rose because I don't want to interfere with your beautiful points of view. But this propitiation misunderstanding is based on a God who needs to be appeased and that is NOT our Father. Our entire species was failing to achieve the love that God IS. Jesus was our "designated hitter" which is why His achievement applies to all of us. He achieved perfect resonance (Identity) with God's agape love and connects us all to God. There was no appeasement needed, just perfect agape love. Now, all we need to do is achieve some harmonic resonance (harmony) with Christ's perfect agape love (Grace) to be connected to God. YMMV.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I hesitate to reply to your wonderful posts, Rose because I don't want to interfere with your beautiful points of view. But this propitiation misunderstanding is based on a God who needs to be appeased and that is NOT our Father. Our entire species was failing to achieve the love that God IS. Jesus was our "designated hitter" which is why His achievement applies to all of us. He achieved perfect resonance (Identity) with God's agape love and connects us all to God. There was no appeasement needed, just perfect agape love. Now, all we need to do is achieve some harmonic resonance (harmony) with Christ's perfect agape love (Grace) to be connected to God. YMMV.
Dear Mystic: My friend there is indeed no appeasement needed! God is our Father, He is and always will be for us. The most intimate word in Canon, as you most surely know is, abba. The Firstborn cries abba Father, and that cry resonates in all the brethren Abba gives to Him.

I am struggling to express what I behold as propitiation, but harmonic vibrations of union and communion with Him may be a start.

John Gavazzoni My Dad, God

Greater Emmanuel International - Serious Seminal Samplings - John Gavazzoni

"If you want to know what God the Father is like, what He is really like: Just look at Jesus. If you want to know what the Father’s attitude about sinners, including you, really is, read the parable of the prodigal son. If you want to know what God’s character is like, observe Jesus forgiving those who beat, tortured, and murdered Him. If you want to know what the Father does when we fall short of being the best example of Him toward others watch Jesus as He weeps over Jerusalem because they refused the peace He brought to them.

If you want to know what the Father is like watch as Jesus washes our feet even as we betray Him." -Wardendresden-

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 03-16-2019 at 06:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity